Thread: The druid code?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: The druid code?

Quote Originally Posted by Skultharion
    Hence the term "careBEARs"
    Because clearly that term never existed before WoW >.>

Hence the term "newfags"
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

The code was indeed very strong in vanilla. I always wondered why this was, perhaps the common bond we shared of being abandoned by the developers. IN BC it still existed but became less common. It's pretty much non-existent in WotLK, maybe our current situation of languishing at the bottom of the charts will reforge that bond.

As resto i mostly can't attack anything and prefer to avoid / heal my way out of it.
    When i am feral i usually go by the enemy druid in stealth and appear behind him (destealth ) and do /purr. That way they know i was there and could kill them but i didn't - some ppl answer back with /woof but some r stupid and just attack even though they got no chance....or some just simply ignore me.

It would be cool if dr00dies would <3 each other -but unfortunately with the infusion of complete idiots fotm rerolling our class for PVP the spirit of druid-community went bye bye.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

I'm only defending myself if being attacked. Even while still following the druid code, I have a very strong will to survive :P

10+ Year Old Account

This is really the first time I've heard about the Druid Code. It sounds pretty epic to do, but I think it'd be a unrealistic goal to achieve nowadays.

As for myself, I don't do World PvP much. I'll let low levels go, and I avoid high levels too :P
    However, if there's someone in PvP mode who has an equal level, and I think I got a chance, I do attack. (Once, not corpse camping). That applies to all classes, no exception for Druids.

However, Moonglade would be an exception. No PvPing there.

If my realm would bring live to the Druid Code again, I certainly would support it

The druid code just sounds lame to me, especially when playing on a pvp realm.

It sounds quite cool, but i don't really like RP, I would follow it if everyone did, since nowadays every alliance druid tries to gank you/the other way around...

and i would never let a druid named: drood or something get away, they are a puch in the eye for the druid class!

15+ Year Old Account

I still try to follow the 'Druid Code' as much as possible, especially when I'm in Moonglade. I just don't feel any animosity towards other Druids, and are generally happy to see them.

With that said, I've been attacked by Horde Druids not only in random world locations, but Moonglade as well. So if I see one that seems generally friendly I'll give him a wave and leave him alone. But if his in-game 'body language' suggests anything otherwise, it's on.

Regardless, PVP is fun and I don't think anyone should get emo about it. Just roll with it, you might have fun and you might actually learn something.

Deleted

I never attack any Horde Druid myself in the world, unless he attacks me first (self-defense). The only places where I will actively engage them is in Arena and (to lesser extent) Battlegrounds.

So yeah, I believe in and follow the 'Druid code'.

Im resto in PvP and there was a druid with a small group fighting in crossroads. myself also being resto in PvP decided to help defend crossroads, the other druid went oom and i was the last one standing with the last remaining rogue who i managed to finish off, then for a good minute it was only myself and the other resto druid both standing with PvP on /waving and /giggling etc.

for me, the druid code is alive and well
    Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    By this logic the moon is more important than the sun. The sun gives us light in the day when we don't need it, but the moon gives us light at night when we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    "Warcraft isn't going to end as long as there still are Orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by murchú
    Im resto in PvP and there was a druid with a small group fighting in crossroads. myself also being resto in PvP decided to help defend crossroads, the other druid went oom and i was the last one standing with the last remaining rogue who i managed to finish off, then for a good minute it was only myself and the other resto druid both standing with PvP on /waving and /giggling etc.

for me, the druid code is alive and well
    Or it could be that both of you would take hours to kill each other off, if ever :P
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

The "Druid Code" was something that originated in vanilla when druids were only viable as end game healers. The reason behind the code is because fights would go on between druids for extended periods of time, to the point where they just stopped fighting each other. Eventually someone capitalized on this and ended up calling it the druid code.

After that it became a sort of actual thing that people continued to follow, but phased out as druids became more and more viable as dps specs.

The reason for this is, because they could kill things, and found it fun.

Do I personally still not attack other druids? I ask a few questions first
    1- have they attacked my friends?
    2- are they in a position to kill me if I don't attack first?
    3- have they done anything aggressive?

If no to all three, then I don't.

15+ Year Old Account

From what ive seen very few people still follow it, but it still exists for a few of us.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gigajot
    and i would never let a druid named: drood or something get away, they are a puch in the eye for the druid class!
    this honestly made me lol i just have to say

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    From what ive seen very few people still follow it, but it still exists for a few of us.
    Yeah it makes me a little sad these days.

I started feral a month or two after release - for the first year or two I jumped for joy every time I saw a druid - at the time not many would have even thought of attacking each other - you had too much in common and seeing another player of the same class was an absolutely amazingly rare occasion.

Now I just don't attack in Moonglade. Everyplace else is fair game.

I still follow it to a certain degree. I myself am feral and I think its due to season 2 and 3 of arena that i just have to attack trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Randaagulf
    The "Druid Code" was something that originated in vanilla when druids were only viable as end game healers. The reason behind the code is because fights would go on between druids for extended periods of time, to the point where they just stopped fighting each other. Eventually someone capitalized on this and ended up calling it the druid code.
    Ah, and here was me thinking it had something to do with lore and RP. I play on an RP-PvE server, I find open world PvP rather pointless and usually won't even attack Alliance players in, say, Venture Bay. I do greet Alliance druids when I meet them outside Dalaran (unless their name is Dârkrôxxôr). They usually greet back. Never knew about a code though, I just figured it made sense, seeing that the Cenarian Cycle is composed of both Night Elves and Tauren.

Never seen a single druid hold to it tbh :P