Thread: So, uhh.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

So, uhh.

So.

Greater Heal VS Flash Heal came up in a guild app my girlfriend put in to a pretty odd guild.
    They say her spec is pretty weird because she doesn't use Divine Fury & Empowered Healing because well, she doesn't even use Greater Heal at all. Her Flash Heals do same amount of healing and give her Surge of Light and Holy Conc procs.

Reading her WIM convo with the person right now is making me laugh.
    Wasn't the basic '14/57' Flash Heal spec based around ToTGC? My GF has done more ToTGC then their guild combined and they are telling her that she should be using Greater Heal all the time, chaining it.

Can anyone give me some info on what you think?
    This woman is really driving me crazy.

This is the spec the priest telling her what to do is using (lightwell ????)
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...bVg8A7B,,11159

Spec they are trying to get her to use; (body and soul ???)
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...bVg8q_5,,11159

And spec my GF is using which seems pretty popular;
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...DjNAQoq,,11159

This is what they said in her app too.

I am going to have to go with a denied as we want healers that are able to make use of their spells in a way that helps the raid deal with easily preventable deaths, and ignoring such a spell would be a horrible and baddy thing to do. Hopefully that is not the case, and we don't have to deny on that grounds. If the applicant can come in and explain their spec, and what benefits it would be to a raid that has the issue I stated above it would serve as a good show of understanding the class.
    Talking about not using GH that much..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: So, uhh.

And another thing I have a Q about;
    She keeps bringing up holy crit cap and how she runs oom a lot and why my gf has so much haste and not so much crit. And IDK whats up this priests toosh about things.

This gotta be the first time i've seen specs like the ones u mentioned, the 2 that the guild wants your gf to use - both seems extremly odd to me.

If you should go for g.heal as a holy priest you should really pick up empowered healing which aint done in either of the specs. Body and soul is a very situational talent, depends alot of the raid and how they all work together.

Lightwell is a brilliant talent, it can put out extreme amount of healing if people know how to use it
    The guild shes applying to seems to lack knowledge of holy priest, not saying that what i say is the best and so forth, but its based on what i've read, my own experience and by looking at other holy priests.

From the spec i assume they want her to MT heal while supporting the raid (body and soul spec), which imo is a bad thing, if you can get around it, you dont put a holy priest on the tanks, they are just better suited on raid.

I cant really think of a situation where g.heal would be good to spec into as a holy priest.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Thats what Im thinking.
    I play a prot/ret paladin of all things and are clueless to priests.
    But I was a GM of a Top #400 (like thats cool?)guild for a while and I know that I want priests spec'd right and doing their job, like raid healing because PoH makes me a little happy in the pants sometimes.

Body and soul is and lightwell are not bad spells, just very situational. I was never a fan of lightwell and will probably not learn to like it unless they change it. If it works for him and his raid then why not?

Body and soul is a talent i personally love, i've lost count on how many times i've saved players who overestimates their kiting skills in anub phase2. It is however not a must have talent, its nice yeah but lets face it, your guildies should be able to mve out of fires/dodge spikes/dodge other shit that's on the floor without having to yell out for a priest to bubble him. I guess it comes down to a personal choice in the end whether to take it or not.

Holy crit cap? wat

Crit does indeed help us with mana regen, increases the uptime for holy concentration but what's her point? Just becase your crit is low doesnt mean your regen is poor. The priest that commented on your gf's application probably manage her mana very poorly.
    About her spec, i would consider removing 1 of the talent points from surge of light and place it in inner focus instead. Excellent spell if used together with divine hymn for example.

By the looks of things, it would appear as if they want her to assist or even mt heal which is a lost cause for a holy priest. It can be done but a discipline priest will do it twice as good.

I agree, it depends on role. If you're raid healing you're not going to be casting a lot of GHs. If they have you MT healing you'll want to be casting them a whole lot more. It seems like they're looking at her as a MT heal.

your girlfriend knows what she's doing. they're wrong. there's no such thing as a holy "tank" healer either. i looked through my WoL from the last two ICC' 25's we did (8/9), and i cast gheal a total of three times.

the only thing i would personally suggest is taking desperate prayer and 4/5 spell warding; its saved me a handful of times.

i would like to know what guild she applied to so i can get material for our fail of teh week thread. sounds like a promising resource.

15+ Year Old Account

LOL what kinda retarded guild is that? They want her to spec lightwell? And 4 points in divine fury? You either go 5 or Nil.

And while I am of the opinion that in 10mans a holy priest should and will have to use GH (especially when the second healer isn't a paladin) in 25mans it is never used. Holy priests don't tank heal in 25mans and serendipity is much better spent on a prayer of healing.

I do agree though that whenever you have more than 10 points in the holy tree you should take desperate prayer. Saved my life more often than I can count.

TLDR: I'd probably get another guild, your GF seems to know what she is doing and talking about, and such priests are always wanted in guilds where the officers are NOT idiots.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

She went shadow and changed her holy tree around not thinking. Changed it back to the right spec DP & 4/5 Soul Warding.

Man it drives me so crazy watching someone say this and this is right when I troll the priest forums and see it a million times a day that it isn't haha.

And a prot paladin in that guild had the nerve to tell me I was tanking wrong. He was using Seal of Light to tank with.

Damn, downgrading to a so called "hardcore casual guild" really blows. Looks like we get to race home from work to make raid times again haha.

Any guilds looking for a lovable holy priest and her ass of a boyfriend thats a ret paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by jb226
    I agree, it depends on role. If you're raid healing you're not going to be casting a lot of GHs. If they have you MT healing you'll want to be casting them a whole lot more. It seems like they're looking at her as a MT heal.
    then there still retarded because if you were going to MT heal you are 10x as effective as disc.

you CAN do a Gheal spec as holy but if you were doing a Gheal spec you would just go disc and do a better job.

Holy builds consist of stacking serendipity through flash heal and group healing via circle of healing , holy nova with the glyph and prayer.

if asked you can stack inspiration on the second tank or something with a flash here and there but that would be it.

in other words whoever you are talking with in the guild your recruiting to is an idiot.

edit : whoever suggested picking up lightwell should be gkicked on the spot btw.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

I see a lot of Lightwell hate here but bear in mind that if the guild is used to a Holy priest that uses it and they can all effectively click it for heals, I'd say it's a great addition. Beyond that, they seem to be idiots/jerks.

15+ Year Old Account

On fights like Festergut, good luck getting the melee to click it. The Ranged could probably be convinced to click it while running to a spore. It has it's uses, just not enough, in my opinion.

And my eggs are in AetherMcLoud's basket for the OP.

Oh I completely agree that Lightwell isn't for me. It requires a lot of coordination and my guild doesn't like it or ever want to use it unless there is a significant change in it (we've had lengthy discussions about it now that my priest has become my main :P). I just understand that there are guilds that DO like Lighwell and make effective use of it on some encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Macki
    So.

Greater Heal VS Flash Heal came up in a guild app my girlfriend put in to a pretty odd guild.
    They say her spec is pretty weird because she doesn't use Divine Fury & Empowered Healing because well, she doesn't even use Greater Heal at all. Her Flash Heals do same amount of healing and give her Surge of Light and Holy Conc procs.

Reading her WIM convo with the person right now is making me laugh.
    Wasn't the basic '14/57' Flash Heal spec based around ToTGC? My GF has done more ToTGC then their guild combined and they are telling her that she should be using Greater Heal all the time, chaining it.

Can anyone give me some info on what you think?
    This woman is really driving me crazy.

This is the spec the priest telling her what to do is using (lightwell ????)
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...bVg8A7B,,11159

Spec they are trying to get her to use; (body and soul ???)
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...bVg8q_5,,11159

And spec my GF is using which seems pretty popular;
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...DjNAQoq,,11159

This is what they said in her app too.
    Talking about not using GH that much..
    All sounds a bit weird... GH isn't a core heal any more due to the current environment of tanks being spanked and effectively needing heals landing at all times. GH takes too long and heals for too much in comparison to health pools to be a core spell and as such shouldn't be spammed.

Having said that, GH is still a useful spell and when combined with serendipity can be a nice reactionary spell to top up people in need of immediate large scale heals. However the idea is to avoid this situation and by using GH to use up your serendipity stacks you miss out on a possible POH.

At the end of the day priests take a wide range of talent specs, personally the one I favour is here using Glyph of GS, PoH & CoH. I feel any priest taking 2/2 SoL is using FH too much and with decent gear and spell selection 1/2 will provide all the necessary procs of SoL that you will ever need. Imp healing is a waste of 3 points due to the fact you don't cast GH enough... it's perhaps one of the worst mp/5 talents of all healers. And personally I would never take a spec without Healing Focus and Desperate prayer because both stop wipes or at least alleviate the chance for unfortunte deaths.

I have heard about a GH disc spec but as for a holy GH spec... well that's a new one.

Mostly to agree with what else has been said here, but those specs from that guild are very bizarre. Greater Heal is useful, but it's not a core spell, certainly not enough to justify Improved Healing in a raiding situation unless your healing composition is really bizarre (eg, no Pallies or Disc Priests) and you're forced to focus more than you should on tank healing. That said, I still like to pick up Divine Fury because, when it's combined with Serendipity, Greater Heal has roughly the same cast time as a Flash Heal (1.6s vs. 1.5s before Haste) and roughly twice the throughput, so it's a great clutch heal to save a tank or top up a random raid member faster or whatever. Either way, and especially if she's going the way of Soul Warding for survivability, I'd still strongly recommend picking up Desperate Prayer because it's easily the best survival talent point for point and is better than most of the other early Holy talents.

Id look for a new guild.

If you need to use GHeal, spec Disciplin. Simple.

Holy Priest is a renew/coh spamming class these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    If you need to use GHeal, spec Disciplin. Simple.

Holy Priest is a renew/coh spamming class these days.
    You must certainly mean a Renew, Mending, Circle, Prayer, Flash, and hasted Greater spamming class?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    You must certainly mean a Renew, Mending, Circle, Prayer, Flash, and hasted Greater spamming class?
    When as a holy priest would you ever waste a gcd for greater heal...?
    Honestly..

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    When as a holy priest would you ever waste a gcd for greater heal...?
    Honestly..
    Why, as a Holy Priest, if you had Serendipity Charges and someone was low health, waste the GCD on a Renew that won't tick (levelling off spell is not a recovery spell), or Mending (which will get them killed)?

Why would you Flash Heal to do half the job, when a 2-charge Greater is a little slower of a cast, but has that much more output? Three charge is practically the same cast time (it's not, but fraking close), the point is moot.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~