Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help with my Disc Priest!

Hello everyone, I've been browsing the forums for awhile now, but thought I should drop in and ask for some advice on my disc priest I've been focusing on lately. I got some very nice upgrades in TOC10 this week, so I'm just wondering what I should be gemming/enchanting for, as I seem to have a lot of mana regen and that's nice and all but I'd like to put it towards more effective stats. I know crit is nice to have for disc, but I'm just at a loss of how much stack or what to weigh it over.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Tor&cn=Voliff

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Re: Help with my Disc Priest!

As has been covered in many different threads, the simplified version is you gem int until you feel like you never run out of mana (that is, with using shadowfiend, hymn, etc), then gem pure throughput in the form of spellpower.

Dont gem haste or crit.

EDIT: had a closer look at your character on the armory, you have lots of items with spirit on it, and you even have the occasional spirit based enchant. While I wouldn't say spirit is useless, it is however not very usefull for disc priests. You gain more mana regen through intellect, and you gain no spellpower from spirit like Holy does. Try replacing some of your items with sta/int + crit/haste/sp/mp5 on them. With mp5 being on low prio unless you still have mana issues.

Alright thanks for your help! Looks like I need to replace some gear and enchants then, but not a huge deal overall.

Order of stat importance as disc:

spell power > intellect > haste to 450 > crit

That might be reasonable in 226 gear, but that ranking isn't close to reasonable above that.

SP > Haste > Int > Crit in full 232, moving towards SP > Haste > Crit > Int in 245+.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    That might be reasonable in 226 gear, but that ranking isn't close to reasonable above that.

SP > Haste > Int > Crit in full 232, moving towards SP > Haste > Crit > Int in 245+.
    With that much haste, you're already at a 1.1s flash heal.
    I dont see the need for any more than that.

The only reason I prioritize intellect in that is based on this individual gear level.

If you look at my armory I do nothing to get intellect. I wear no trinkets, and gem purely for SP.

At 245+ ilevel items you get passive intellect/haste/crit and simply want to maximize your output as disc with spell power.

So in all reality it is SP > ALL =p

Quote Originally Posted by Contrivez
    The only reason I prioritize intellect in that is based on this individual gear level.

If you look at my armory I do nothing to get intellect. I wear no trinkets, and gem purely for SP.

At 245+ ilevel items you get passive intellect/haste/crit and simply want to maximize your output as disc with spell power.

So in all reality it is SP > ALL =p
    Plus spell power adds to the strength of your shields which you should be putting out like crazy, i've been the number one healer (meter wise) in a raid quite a bit by using power word shield more than any other spell by +30%. Crit and Haste are nice but you should be ya aiming for spell power (strong shields) then intellect (mana efficiency) due to the fact you should be shielding more than direct healing.

Elitist jerks offers a very nice explanation of what exactly you will need to do to improve.

http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t83203-w...thas_downfall/

If you have any more questions after reading this I'd be glad to answer them for you
    "The biggest problem with people these days is not that they set their goals to high and do not reach them, it's that they set their goals to low, reach them, and become satisfied...." NEVER BECOME SATISFIED!

ok looked at your gear first off your stacking spellpower abit too much
    the main thing you want to go for is intelect as it gives critical strike bonus it doesnt matter even if you have 1900sp you can still heal good with just int spamming
    what i see is get rid of that crit trinket and get the spellpower trinket off razorclaw in ulduar 10
    thenwhen you have enough int just from gear then start putting sp in

Quote Originally Posted by linaxe
    ok looked at your gear first off your stacking spellpower abit too much
    the main thing you want to go for is intelect as it gives critical strike bonus it doesnt matter even if you have 1900sp you can still heal good with just int spamming
    what i see is get rid of that crit trinket and get the spellpower trinket off razorclaw in ulduar 10
    thenwhen you have enough int just from gear then start putting sp in
    lolwat?

Don't do this.

Try to max your spellpower once your in epics, u get enough int from gear and also crit and haste depending on what u prefer.

23 spellpower in red gem, 12 spell+ 10 int in yellow sockets and 12 spell +mp5 in blue sockets. Once u have good gear u wont run out of mana and to increase your healing output u should be trying to increase spellpower as much as possible for stronger healz shields.

Depending if your gonna tank heal solely or support raidhealz, i choose to gear mainly crit items so u can keep your buffs active on the tank when needed such as inspiration.

I used to be heavily haste, but critting alot increases your heal output and even with alot of haste u dont gain that much speed, its more beneficial for holy to stack haste since they dont get 8% from talents .

try to get spellpower regen trinkets or the spellpower trinket from os25.

Either way im an icc25 disc priest and have about 3200 spellpower and can't get oom even when i try..

Get the tier9 twoset bonus since mending does alot of healing and boosting that will increase alot of healing.

Off:It's my first post here and i'm glad to tell you that.
    In:I like that you are troll priest and i'm gonna try to help you in my opinion.
    I think that your talants are good,but may be you can try that talent spec

Discipline for trolls
    If you got much mana regen,you won't be able to click talents that reduces the mana cost of your healing spells
    That talents tree gives you much crits and more effectiveness in the raid as tank healer.

Your gems have to be only with Spell power and a bit of intellect.
    Don't know what to tell you for the enchants.Its up to you
    Good night :P

Quote Originally Posted by brankO-EU
    Off:It's my first post here and i'm glad to tell you that.
    In:I like that you are troll priest and i'm gonna try to help you in my opinion.
    I think that your talants are good,but may be you can try that talent spec

Discipline for trolls
    If you got much mana regen,you won't be able to click talents that reduces the mana cost of your healing spells
    That talents tree gives you much crits and more effectiveness in the raid as tank healer.

Your gems have to be only with Spell power and a bit of intellect.
    Don't know what to tell you for the enchants.Its up to you
    Good night :P
    No offense, but that is one of the most horrible specs I've ever seen. You take Silent Resolve over Improved Inner Fire, and Absolution over Rapture.

Seriously, even if you have a lot of mana regen so that you do not need Rapture, you still take it since it also regens the resource of the target. You then go spec into Absolution even though you say to take it if you do not have mana regen problems, so why would you need a talent that reduces mana cost. Silent Resolve is very useless in raiding since healing aggro is not a problem, so speccing into it is useless.

15+ Year Old Account

it doesnt do anything to the target. they've confirmed this
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Contrivez
    lolwat?

Don't do this.
    lolz you have less regen then me xD ohh and int and crit xD

Quote Originally Posted by linaxe
    lolz you have less regen then me xD ohh and int and crit xD
    What is the point of all that regen if people die because you arent keeping them up? It should be a healers ultimate goal to gear such that you are relatively oom by the end of a boss fight so you get the most throughput and just the right regen (as indicated by the fact that you are nearly oom)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ashj&n=Kodiemo

Here is my setup tell me what u think...
    I am healing for 2.9k according to recount in 10 toc and 10 ICC
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiemo
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ashj&n=Kodiemo

Here is my setup tell me what u think...
    I am healing for 2.9k according to recount in 10 toc and 10 ICC
    Your meta is incorrect.

15+ Year Old Account

1. Your haste rating is way too high. Soft cap is 360. You are currently at an astonishing 681. You need to shed a serious amount of haste gear and replace it with crit instead.

2. You have 5 12 SP/10 spirit gems in your current gear. I suggest replacing all of these with 23 spellpower. Spirit is not a statistic focus for discipline as talented mana conservation is greater as discipline, and you gain no additional benefit from the stat (unlike holy).

3. I take it most of this is your shadow gear. Your meta is a DPS meta gem, and you have 111 or so hit rating.

Basically, you need some serious gear improvements and to switch some gems. Spec is fine, as are glyphs.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present