Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Help with my Disc Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    1. Your haste rating is way too high. Soft cap is 360. You are currently at an astonishing 681. You need to shed a serious amount of haste gear and replace it with crit instead.

2. You have 5 12 SP/10 spirit gems in your current gear. I suggest replacing all of these with 23 spellpower. Spirit is not a statistic focus for discipline as talented mana conservation is greater as discipline, and you gain no additional benefit from the stat (unlike holy).

3. I take it most of this is your shadow gear. Your meta is a DPS meta gem, and you have 111 or so hit rating.

Basically, you need some serious gear improvements and to switch some gems. Spec is fine, as are glyphs.
    1. Haste rating overshadows crit after 600 Haste, assuming you can keep your crit at a sizable amount. The "soft cap" is much lower than 360, it's like 124 (I think?), which is nearly impossible to gear that low for. So by that idea, you're either "wasting" itemisation on Spirit (for weak mana regen) or Haste (for the added output when Borrowed Time is not up, or even when it is, a faster lifesaving Greater/Prayer).

You're going to be wasting the itemisation on one or the other, might as well pick now. Here's a hint, haste is better.

2. Good call.
    3. Also a good call.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

360 haste is the 11% mark which is discipline's soft cap, certainly not 124. Trust me on that equation, I balance my haste rating around the cap constantly (I am never higher than 400 haste unbuffed).

Currently, I actually need more haste because I switched my MH to the Marrogar dagger (from the hilt mace). But I'm only 45 off so it will be easily obtainable.

Crit is a better stat to go for than haste beyond that point. Fully raid buffed, at that haste mark, I am sitting at 40% crit. That's a whole lot of Divine Aegis procs, on top of the fact that I have both 2-pc T10 (increasing the HoT equation to about 1300 per tick raid buffed) and 2-pc T9 (making PoM jumps crit for nearly 9k). Most of my crit gear has mp/5, my spirit barely reaches 1200 after full buffs (about 1042 self-buffed).
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

My bad, it's 154, not 124. But it's definitely not 360.

Borrowed Time + Enlightenment + Wrath of Air + Swift Retribution =
    1.25 * 1.06 * 1.05 * 1.03 = 43% Haste. You actually only need 4.7% haste on your gear to reach the 50% haste cap, which comes out to 153.3 haste, or 154 to actually reach the cap.

It doesn't matter what your mp5 is coming from, Spirit, Int, mp5 itself. If you're going out of your way to get it at this point (when there's gear without it providing more thoroughput), it's wasted itemisation. Even if the haste is only active some time, it's better than a wasted mana pool.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

The Haste question has already been discussed a lot in a previous thread. We should not start again the debate (which was kinda unpleasant since people went very aggressive when they disagree with the "other faction").

Basically, raising haste up to 600 or 700 allows the use of GH for tank healing support at critical moments, meaning switching to 5/5 DF talents in the holy tree. When mainly focusing on raid healing then PW:S would be oftenly spammed so haste is not so of concern at all. When switching to tank healing support in burst periods, then haste is a faily biggest throughut than crit, especially if GH is used.

By the end I am currently trying to balance my stats for 28-29k mana unbuffed, 30% crit (35% holy crit), 20% haste and all the rest is SP. For now it's working fine for me.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    Most of my crit gear has mp/5, my spirit barely reaches 1200 after full buffs (about 1042 self-buffed).
    Am i doing something wrong then? cuz i'm only sitting at 507 spirit (unbuffed)
    heres my wow armory link :http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...light&cn=Pyrah

Ok well i have changed a few things, still not to sure whats going on.

I was healing POS and wipe after wipe after etc.
    I am using PW:S POM flash all the good thing i need to use.
    I dontknow if they changed the way it was but it seems like a different POS then a few weeks ago...

I have DBM and Recount and debuff and duff setup for addons. it seems to me that they are targeting me, so i fade, move about 3in over and continue to heal. in that time of me moving the tank goes down. then the dps goes south we wipe. but yet, i am unsure if gear is right. i know some if most has hit, but i get too many ppl telling me that MP5 or what ever mana regen i have is wrong PLS clarify.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara