Thread: UI review

UI review

So, i got this idea or something.

I'm thinking on doing some kind of UI review's on youtube, with commentary, at this point, this is only something i thought of while in the shower, but i think it might be fun or something. : )

So, what my plan is, is to test out different UI's, and simply talk about them later, with some ingame footage and my Norwegian accent in the backround.

Things id like to talk about when it comes to the UI's is:
    Setting up the ui
    How is it in a raid
    How is it in pvp
    My own personal opinion of the interface
    +++ ( gief tips for something to talk about )

Now, if people would actually watch this, i guess ill start doing it.

So, to start of with this, i'd like some of you to post some UI's you would like to se a review off.

Youtube link : http://www.youtube.com/user/henkigasm
    And please, if you want to ask / give me some hints and tips, leave a reply or PM me.

One last thing, i will make a movie this weekend, and hopefully i'tl be on youtube on saturday morning.

Deleted

Re: UI review

I always like to look at UIs, and I like to hear Norwegian accents.

Do what you like of course, but I'm not sure if it's such a great idea.

In my opinion, an UI is fairly personal. Some people like them very minimalist, other people almost have a spreadsheet in their UI that has every little math calculation written down about the situation.

Some people need addons to keep an eye on buffs/debuffs, others find they do fine without, etc.

Could be a good idea. But the problem still exists that the UI is made for it's creator. Not for the person who downloads it. What you may say is great someone else may hate.

Don't let me stop you though, it is spreading the opinion on UI's. Go for it!

when i look for a ui, i look for a ui that doesnt have a lot of flash addons or takes of a lot of mb. i, a hunter myself prefer kripps ui because it has plenty of free space to have a very good amount of looking room

If you start this, you're making it kinda hard on yourself.
    I mean like, the UI is for the creator as mentioned above. Like I think ppl not using buttonfacade on bartender etc makes their entire UI look shit.
    But then again, some ppl prefer it like that. You can comment, by giving ppl advice, and not commenting directly and likes and dislikes.
    - Trim