disc or holy for healing at 60-80?

Hi there priests.

My alt just hit 60 so i geting myself a offspec to heal with. I'm still a bit unsure of what spec to get. Preferably i would like to stay that way at 80 so that i get used to it on the way there.

I don't know alot about priest healing since I've been playing a resto shaman since I started with this game many years back. I rolled a priest now since it seem to be a bit more fun to heal with and you also have a bigger variety of healing spells.

What do you think is best at 60-80 and why? And what do you think is best and most fun at 80 and why?

Thx in advance!

Re: disc or holy for healing at 60-80?

Also covered in many topics, if its an offspec heal build youre looking for that probably means your base set is shadow. Discipline has nearly the same itemization priorities besides hit rating obviously, so gear-wise your best bet would be discipline.

Holy will make you oom lots but give you more throughput, discipline will give you less throughput but better mana management. Make a choice between that Personally, I do and always will swear by discipline.

Disc for the mana and bursty heals

Holy for the hots and AoE heals and lots of lulz with Body and soul

I would say holy just for body and soul, but that is if you know how to use your manafiend good cuzz you'll go oom faster as holy than disc

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    I leveled as disc even thought I was disc/shadow speeced from 70-80.

The reason was that killing stuff was faster as disc and you had a lot better survivability - Just holy fire, smite and maybe a second smite, instead of starting to dot up.

So I'll say go with Disc for leveling, I belive it's more versatile than holy when you have to quest and such.

I think my spec was something along the lines of this -> http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbu...xt00bZh:ubVcz0 get all the non-disipline talents first and and then add in discipline as you go along.

Again this is only useful if you solo stuff.
    Is there any numbers on the Meditation+spirit tap?
    killing many mobs in a row would result in 3/3 in Meditation beeing useless and 1/3 + spirit tap would be the way to go

It's only wasted when Spirit Tap is active, but because there is nothing better to take to get down the Discipline tree it isn't an issue worth worrying about.

Thx for all the tips!

I went with disc and I'm lovin' it <3

disc is the most fun, besides shadow
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon