Is this real or fake? Its another email question

it was in my Junk box, marked as potential phishing scam, but the reason i am wondering is because there is no links on the email to go to to input user id / password. Did someone try to change mine? or does the ON BEHALF part of "account@blizzard.com on behalf of Blizzard Entertainment (support@blizzard.com)" give it away?

anyway here is the mail (copy'd and paste):

Greetings!

This is an automated notification regarding the recent change(s) made to your Battle.net account.

Your password has recently been modified through the Account Management website.

*** If you made this password change, please disregard this notification.

However, if you did NOT make any changes to your password, we recommend you contact Blizzard Billing & Account Services for assistance keeping your account as secure as possible.

For more information, click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions or to contact the Blizzard Billing & Account Services team.

Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives typically must lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.

Sincerely,
    The Battle.net Account Team

Re: Is this real or fake? Its another email question

There should be somewhere a link which leads you to a harmful website (maybe where it says about the Frequently asked questions). Be careful.

Ok, I guess I'll ask the obvious question. Is your password changed?

well i am at work so i cant check

i just figured they would have a "OMG come here and change your password quick" type of link, unless they are getting smarter, and sucker you in to going to the FAQs part, and lead you to a password section there...but i am not clicking on anything

Quote Originally Posted by Gogandantes
    Greetings!

This is an automated notification regarding the recent change(s) made to your Battle.net account.

Your password has recently been modified through the Account Management website.

However, if you did NOT make any changes to your password, we recommend you contact Blizzard Billing & Account Services for assistance keeping your account as secure as possible.

For more information, click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions or to contact the Blizzard Billing & Account Services team.

Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives typically must lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.

Sincerely,
    It's a standard Blizz email. Did you change your pwd? No - call their support. Yes - do nothing. Pretty damn self explanatory...

there is no links on the email to go to to input user id / password.
    Must be a scam then!

Deleted

The wording is exactly like the email blizzard sends you if you change your password. If it's genuine is another thing.

Its fake trust me. I get these all the time and when i click on the site my computer tells me its a phishing website and takes me out.
    But if you really want to be safe go directly to your battle.net account and change it just as a precaution.

Deleted

It can still be fake. Hover over any link in the email and check if it's real. And even if it is, go to wow-europe.com / worldofwarcraft.com manually and NOT, NOT by the email. Just never do that, and you're safe.

Deleted

Fake.
    /endthread.

its fake. how can ppl not know this by now...go over the link and u will see it says www.worldofwarcraft.net
    but go ahead. click it.

It is a bullshit e-mail I got one too. where it says "Click Here" it will send you to (not going to type it out so it will be a link but) http:/87/w.w.worldofwarcraeft.com

it has an 87 in the link and the "typo" in warcraft.

I got 3 or 4 of these emails lately... All of them had a Link to an obvious fake Blizzard site (sth like worldo1warcraft.com just as an example, it was a different url)

looks like its fake. I should have done a bit more inspecting before posting, however what i did was i went to a different PC at work, logged on to battle.net and changed my password...and in my INBOX (NOT junkbox like the previous msg, i got the msg below, it looks the exact same, but it is missing 2 sentences at the top (that i left off this time) that has a "HellO, NAME" and my email info

Sincerely,
    Online Privacy Policy

if you use a half-way decent email client, hell even outlook can do it, just load up the "options" (or something to that effect) of the email. it will list exactly where it came from, what routers it was bounced through, etc.

if it's fake, it'll be full of stuff like

xx@xxx.com
    xXxlolx@imaripyouoff.com
    loldk@imabadass.com

you get the idea

if it's real, it'll have only a couple of @blizzard.com in there.

if in doubt, just log in SEPARATELY to your account. if you can't get in - bam your pw was indeed changed without consent.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

These are horribly fake. Alot of them, even if you hover over the link it will look legit saying worldofwarcraft.com etc. BUT, it is a fake link, if you click on it you'll instead be taken to something like www.omgitotallyhaxoredyouraccount.org

If you are using hotmail, try this......
    In your inbox displaying all of your emails, right click on the email you received and click on view message source. In the new window take a look at the line that says "return path".....example below....and that is who sent the email.

X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTA7YT0wO0Q9MjtTQ0w9NA==
    X-Message-Status: n:0
    X-SID-PRA: WoWAccountAdmin@blizzard.com <WoWAccountAdmin@blizzard.com>
    X-AUTH-Result: NONE
    X-Message-Info: 6sSXyD95QpX2DIEM/CBm2oPlh/4TVHoWLafi756lMZGsKXgxcoY35HsoIiHLUEg+13jXAw2SWWv7Uf/QT2mtQ0LVQc/+u0KG
    Received: from blu0-omc2-s15.blu0.hotmail.com ([65.55.111.90]) by bay0-hmmc1-f4.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
    Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:53:26 -0800
    Received: from BLU0-SMTP69 ([65.55.111.72]) by blu0-omc2-s15.blu0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
    Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:53:16 -0800
    X-Originating-IP: [60.184.200.244]
    X-Originating-Email: [rubendpalma@hotmail.com]
    Message-ID: <BLU0-SMTP6906C3741D2D356A627572B4650@phx.gbl>
    Return-Path: rubendpalma@hotmail.com

10+ Year Old Account

This really, really, really isn't something that should be concerning you. At all. Really.

Ask yourself these two questions...
    Did you change your password?
    If yes: Thats why you got the email.
    If no: It's fake
    Was your password changed?
    If yes: Call support
    If no: Why are you posting?

I would ignore the email, and then change my password anyway (i usually change all my passwords at least once every 6 months or more.)
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

If you need to make a post asking people about it, it's fake.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It's interesting because there is no link for you to click. Just change it anyway i guess. If you are unable then call Blizzard support.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

FAKE

i've gotten like 4 of these, but have never changed my pw in the 5 years+ i've played

just another reaseon to have an authenticator
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon