15+ Year Old Account

Bg victories seems to have changed as of late

I remember at one point as horde, generally arathi basin, and eots were pretty much horde dominated...especially ab. In fact at least in the bg i was in, ab was very lop sided. Av and wsg were pretty much 50/50 and i'd say would swing more into the alliances favor alot of times..especially av. Remember the gy exploit? lol. Horde had one also with the one tower that you could go up the hill and jump into it, but wasn't as effective as the gy one ally had. Mind you i've been in 3 different battle groups and back into my old one just recently.

Nowadays...i'd say pretty much alliance dominate ab and eots, av is a 50/50....just a big race. Wsg is 60/40 ally, strands is pretty much horde 60/40. And the new one isle for me personally has been horde dominated btwn 2 bg's that i've been in.

My question is for eots and ESPECIALLY ab, wtf happened to horde? Its a pretty simple concept for either of the two. And for the life of me i cant understand y people dont grasp it. Both bgs host 15 per team. In ab grab 3 nodes/flags and leave 3+ mabe even 4 at each base for def and have a patrol either try and get the fourth or help defending the other 3. but no everyone fights on the roads and not on flags. Especially farm because if they take the farm we get sent back to defilers den and get camped there because they all just sit there and farm us. I wont complain about the gy farming or mid field hk farming/camping in wsg because both parties are guilty of that.

Eots....even simpler....hold 3 bases for a quick win...same thing keep a small patrol for flag capture or help in defense. Basically im just wondering if this trend is throughout the bgs or if its isolated. Or...mabe its the same feeling on both sides, and i'm only seeing one, been horde since vanilla. Just wanted to get a consensus really.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Re: Bg victories seems to have changed as of late

So you "feel" like it's 50/50 here, and you "feel" like it's 60/40 there, and you did two of those and found that "dominated".

It's been like this all the time, doesn't matter which side you're playing, which battlegroup: Your team always seems to suck, you seem to lose all the time, but if you play enough rounds you'll find it evens out pretty well.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shockk
    So you "feel" like it's 50/50 here, and you "feel" like it's 60/40 there, and you did two of those and found that "dominated".

It's been like this all the time, doesn't matter which side you're playing, which battlegroup: Your team always seems to suck, you seem to lose all the time, but if you play enough rounds you'll find it evens out pretty well.

I should have worded the two that had the worse swing differently...eots and ab went from consistently dominating them to recently consistently always losing them. The others like you said always seem to even themselves out.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

If you want some reliable statistics, pick a full time PvP'er from your server and check his win/loss ration in the different battlegrounds. There may be a certain deviation here or there (say, 55/45 instead of 50/50), but it should be pretty even.

(This is, of course, unless you are a full time PvP'er with serveal dozens, possibly hundreds of each BG played. Then your data could have some significance and it'd be worth a comparison with a similar player.)

The reason for these threads popping up every now and then is that people get fed up with PvP, quit playing it, then feel the urge to do so again after some time and judge their battlegroup's balance upon a very small sample size - which, of course, is far fom accurate.

10+ Year Old Account

Instead of throwing numbers out from what u "feel", why don't you check your statistics and check out whats really going on = D I feel like losing more than winning on all my chars, but my statistics tend to tell me otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Shockk
    I actually ran an addon that kept track of win/loss ratios back in the day, to my greatest surprise it came out extremely even: I think I had something like 50+ each BG played (before I reformatted and never got that addon again) and they were all 50% +/- 10% overall. I'm sure if I had a higher number of BGs the std deviation would be even lower.

15+ Year Old Account

Like i said...i'm probably "feeling" the same as everyone else. I'm stating something different only because its been isolated to 2 out of the rest of the bgs we have total...as those i know they're always evening themselves out. Am i irrationally just assuming? Sure but being that i've played this as long as i have i figured i could at least ask or bring it up and see what the rest of the community says.

And its not about getting fed up with it. I've come to accept losses always come with winnings especially when your throwing x amount of randomn players into a bg, those of whom which will probably have their own agendas and not necessarily winning.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

What class are you playing? How good is your gear? How much strategy are you using?

What you do has a huge effect on winning and losing smaller BGS.
    Beware, Overwatch consumes you!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Java
    What class are you playing? How good is your gear? How much strategy are you using?

What you do has a huge effect on winning and losing smaller BGS.
    I would have to disagree with that, those bg's were built around team work....Wsg for example...if i run the flag bymyself...which by the second time around is what happens, without no support and 5+ allies on my ass even with all my cd's i'm not gonna survive unless i have team support. One player isn't necessarily gonna turn the tides of the game. By chance per se? mabe but not consistently for that question to be viable to answer.

But if you must know i play ret paladin. I'm in full pvp gear...not the BiS but its full pvp pretty much. My strategy? i'm always for the one that works best which is what i try and suggest when i'm in them. Whether people are willing to cooperate is another thing. I do use positive reinforcement, i dont sit there and call ppl idiots and retards if they dont listen. Bg's are about cooperative team play. Otherwise it would be deemed "slayer" mode where its every man for himself would it not?

Your line of thinking falls more in line with arenas.

When we have a night of winning streaks you feel satisfied. You have a night of losing streaks you start getting pissed off and usually forget about the night you had all of those winning streaks and complain about your time being wasted. Human mind prioritizes negative emotions over positive. Typical "time flies when you're having fun" bullcrap. lol