Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Re-specing into "slow"

Personally I dropped a point out of arcane stability to pick it up, but that was just because I find it useful. Of course you can probably get more dps by putting the single talent point somewhere else. If you need to slow adds down, personally I'd say to go with frost bolt or frostfire bolt. Not only does it do damage, but it can be applied to more than one mob at a time if needed. Slow is great, but I say that more for 5 mans/solo. There are plenty of times where a group gets pulled by accident, or you pull aggro with aoe etc. I've had plenty of times where I was glad to have it so I could kite a mob while finishing it off, or to save another group members life. I've never used it inside of a raid though as far as I can remember. Really though, it's only 1 talent point and if it helps your guild progress what's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Hmm, maybe that's why we can't get past Marrowgar. =/
    You got to Marrowgar? Impressive.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    get a new GM.

you don't raid with hunters? i suggest your guild look into recruiting some before making shitbird requests like the one your GM is making.

tell him i think he's a retard and that he can come flame at me when he feels like it.
    Interesting.

I find slow to be invaluable talent. Both 10/25 man ICC for Lady, Gunship (sergeant) and Bloodbeasts. Likely also the oozes on putricide are all helped greatly by it.

Anyone believing 2 hunters and a grounding totem will be sufficient for 5 blood beasts is a retard.

Take 1 point out of magic absorption for it.

slow is useless on bosses (the thing that people care about)
    Procs TTW on Lady when shield is up.

Or do you have a tank tanking her in your guild?

(...)
    if you spec into slow or use it, you are bad and should be replaced.

FYI, the casting speed reduction and attack speed reduction from slow doesn't affect bosses. go figure.
    lol. i never said it affects boss' casting speed, but it slowes add's casting speed ON boss fight

just go back to your rogue's threads please...

Quote Originally Posted by hawciu
    slow is awesome.
    1. pick it
    2. Loose a talent point
    3. ???
    4. Guildkick
    Fixed

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin
    Interesting.

I find slow to be invaluable talent. Both 10/25 man ICC for Lady, Gunship (sergeant) and Bloodbeasts. Likely also the oozes on putricide are all helped greatly by it.

Anyone believing 2 hunters and a grounding totem will be sufficient for 5 blood beasts is a retard.

Take 1 point out of magic absorption for it.
    i guess my whole guild is retarded since we do it with one hunter.....grounding totem? the fuck? are you trying to say earthbind?

if your abom isn't snaring the slimes, you have many more issues to worry about than slow.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    You got to Marrowgar? Impressive.
    Learn to spot sarcasm and see things in context

I think making you spec into slow for 1 fight is really a waste of time seeing that you can only cast it on 1 target at a time but if you have too you can lose a point in Magic Attunement.

If a raid group is having trouble with beasts then DPS isn't switching fast enough since those things drop silly fast. We used traps and totems at first but now we don't use anything except 1 Typhoon from a chicken in 25.

15+ Year Old Account

Classes that can slow the beasts without having to spec into it (or break their spec to get it):

Pally - HoJ
    ANY Druid - Roots
    Shadow Priest - Mind Flay
    Hunter - Conc Shot, Frost Trap
    Aff Lock - CoX
    Feral Druid - Charge, Mangle
    Mage - Frostbolt
    DK - Chains of Ice, Desecration
    ANY TANK - Taunt when it gets close to somene
    Warrior - charge & then run away

I haven't taken my mage into ICC because he's not 80 yet & I haven't taken the time to ask any of our mages this but I'm pretty sure frost nova would work too. If you can say that you don't have 1-2 of each of those things in your raid in a 10 man or 6-7 of those for a 25 man then I don't even know what to say or able to imagine how bad of a make up your group is that you would HAVE TO spec for slow. You should seriously tell your GM there is absolutely no reason for you to spec into something when other classes have untalented ways of slowing them and then send your GM over here so he can see how everyone thinks he's an idiot for telling you to spec into it.

i guess my whole guild is retarded since we do it with one hunter.....grounding totem? the fuck? are you trying to say earthbind?

if your abom isn't snaring the slimes, you have many more issues to worry about than slow.
    you are able to kill all 5 beasts, pull them off any healer and stray melee aggro, while not having to move yourself or anyone in your raid kite an add with one hunters frost trap and and one earthbind totem?

Please link a video. Seriously, I am impressed and would like to see how it is done.

Edit to add.

My guild run melee heavy. we have 2 mages, 2 hunters and a boomkin. Combined with an earthbind from shaman healer we have enough 'slowing effects' to drop them without moving.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77

I haven't taken my mage into ICC because he's not 80 yet & I haven't taken the time to ask any of our mages this but I'm pretty sure frost nova would work too.
    works but normally they don't get that close to me.

Despite all these ignorants posting their ignorant ramblings

I was an Arcane mage and was our 10 man raidleader and I specced Slow for this perticular fight.
    Arcane mages have the massive advantage choosing when to put their dmg. generally this is called burst.
    Slow is an amazing ability for the saurfang encounter, because "Slow" is such an reliable snare, no CD, no AE, it's just there when you need it and honestly the arcane mage do not loose essential talents.

My spec was:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0Vs...tedcZMhf0o:Nzi
    an alternative if you prefer arcane stability over some range and RNG incanter's absorb

An arcane mage with decent gear should be able to burst 8-9k unbuffed on the beasts, essentially blasting them to oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    tree druids do about 50-60% overhealing. divide their HPS by half.
    Math!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin
    you are able to kill all 5 beasts, pull them off any healer and stray melee aggro, while not having to move yourself or anyone in your raid kite an add with one hunters frost trap and and one earthbind totem?

Please link a video. Seriously, I am impressed and would like to see how it is done.

Edit to add.

My guild run melee heavy. we have 2 mages, 2 hunters and a boomkin. Combined with an earthbind from shaman healer we have enough 'slowing effects' to drop them without moving.
    you put the frost trap on the melee so the beasts are snared the second they spawned. hell, i frapsed one of our recent kills, let me see if i can upload it. it highlights how easy the beasts are to kite/snare and particularly terrible play on my part (horrible mana management, horrible CD usage, and terrible rotation choices near the end of the fight).

if we had lust up prior to the pull, he would have been dead in near record time (our shaman has been hitting lust on gunship the past 2 weeks).
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account

To be honest there is no "correct answer" to this question. Some of us are lucky enough to be in good guilds where you can rely on all your raid members to perform there task's ( Ie: melee not looking at recount but rather timers and throtteling back the aoe abilities at beast spawn , hunters shamies laying out traps / totems at the correct times, dps being able to generate more TPS than healers) and others are in guilds where perhaps the other players are not as well rounded.

If you are in a guild where the raid leader knows they can count on you and knows you will get the job done then take it as a compliment that they count on you to slow the adds > some one else!

I for one would never spec into slow I'm lucky enough to be surounded by amazing players in my guild and slow is just a talent point I dont have to toss around when min maxing my spec.

The one thing I would say is don't assume that becuase you have problem with adds with your comp / raid makeup making slow needed in your spec, that some of us have thoes issues and or the fight is impossible with out it. Same can be said for us that don't have slow and are in good raids.... not everyone is as fortunate!

15+ Year Old Account

and yet...you can frost nova and CoC the adds in less time than it would take you to tab through both adds and slow them both, and you're doing damage to them at the same time!!!!! it's win win.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted

you put the frost trap on the melee so the beasts are snared the second they spawned. hell, i frapsed one of our recent kills, let me see if i can upload it. it highlights how easy the beasts are to kite/snare and particularly terrible play on my part (horrible mana management, horrible CD usage, and terrible rotation choices near the end of the fight).

if we had lust up prior to the pull, he would have been dead in near record time (our shaman has been hitting lust on gunship the past 2 weeks).

Im still waiting for this clip.....

if you dont have a hunter, using CoC helps alot, also i go fire to get the knockback and that helps in case your light on ranged

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgg

Im still waiting for this clip.....
    16:50 remaining. hold your britches.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by taureninator
    if you dont have a hunter, using CoC helps alot, also i go fire to get the knockback and that helps in case your light on ranged
    Because I'm drawing a complete blank I'll ask. CoC?