Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to make heroics more fun

Well after reading yet another topic on heroics not being heroic.
    Yes aoe tanking and dpsing everything is crap but there are ways to make heroics more fun.

DPS RACE
    Simple one that everyone does anyway, see who can be top..

HEALING NINJA
    This one can annoy pug tanks and healers no end.
    Basically as DPS u gotta "Win" on healing taken for the whole dungeon without dying.

DPS ONLY
    Simple one, get tank and healer to go offspec.

Does anyone else have any good ways of making boring heroics more fun?

Re: How to make heroics more fun

chainpulling and move one boss to another and so on and fight 3 or more (??!) @ once.

tanking in full dps gear.

dont use a healer is also a nice one.

many ways to improve the boredomness of heroics nowadays.

rgds

15+ Year Old Account

If its really not fun for you why are you still doing them?

10+ Year Old Account

BADGES BADGES BADGES. Sell those gems/ get that T10 from dailies!

PS: I fucking HATE H HOL. Not only do I get it way too often it brings back bad just - after - release memories of puggies failing to get out of the nova and kiting him properly. All I wanted was two of Loken's axes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

How bout the "single fight challenge"?

Complete an entire heroic without leaving battle.

Here's my suggestion:

Only run instances you don't completely out-gear.
    Nyuthing!

Im a fan of Chain Pulling to make heroics more fun, especially when tanking. Keeps me on my toes especially if the DPS is high so i have to watch around for any sudden loss of aggro. Keeps me interested in heroics sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía
    Im a fan of Chain Pulling to make heroics more fun, especially when tanking. Keeps me on my toes especially if the DPS is high so i have to watch around for any sudden loss of aggro. Keeps me interested in heroics sometimes
    Same, basicly since me and my girlfriend outgear heroics by far, we ask if the healer can go DPS (my girl is a retripala so her heals are enough if I need any), chain pull nonstop and go for the clock (a heroic is best enjoyed if you still have time left on the Dungeon debuff!)

Run with friends, not randoms.

BROtanking pwns!

Get 5 tanks together and do hcs without healers and dps! Just make sure one of the tanks are a paladin for JoL.

Did HoR hc with 4 tanks and 1 dps. No deaths, no problems in the gauntlet. We vastly overgeared the place but it was still some good fun! It required you to think a little bit.

edit: pretty much doing any hc without a healer is interesting sometimes.

Time your runs and try to go faster everytime. Doesn't really work if you change groups all the time or you have to tank it.

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl
    dont use a healer is also a nice one.
    This, I(enhancement shaman) sign up as healer/dps and always get to join as healer, if the tank has good gear I just go enh and throw a msw heal now and then. It's funny how some groups complain even if the tank doesn't die and the heroic goes about twice as fast (5,4k gs I usually do 50% of all damage).

Write a story in party chat that ends with the following sentence: Debra brushed the sand from her blouse, took a last, wistful look at the now putrefying horse, and stepped into the hot-air balloon.

I usually just slap on my 3k block value gear set and try to get first place on damage done. With the amount of under-hit-and-expertise-cap melee attacking stuff from the front, that's generally not hard to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    This, I(enhancement shaman) sign up as healer/dps and always get to join as healer, if the tank has good gear I just go enh and throw a msw heal now and then. It's funny how some groups complain even if the tank doesn't die and the heroic goes about twice as fast (5,4k gs I usually do 50% of all damage).
    Had that the other week in Nexus. Kept getting low health warnings so just wrote in party chat 'can whoever signed up as heals, you know, heal' when I noticed it was the priest dropping shadow form every so often and tossing a heal. Once I knew he was doing that just adjusted my speed a bit and he ended up 2nd on overall DPS.

I think I will try to make them some fun with not taking any healer.

Here's my suggestion:
    Only run instances you don't completely out-gear.
    None exist. Everyone outgears them - even in quest blues they were so easy, we were doing the achivements day 1.

No such thing as fun in a heroic. When you outgear heroics from back in naxx days a year later its still not gonna be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía
    If you feel like you're in control, you're not going fast enough. (Mario Andretti)

Quote Originally Posted by jpwkeeper
    If you feel like you're in control, you're not going fast enough. (Mario Andretti)
    Have to be in control to a certain extent, otherwise people die ^^

I thought of an idea of how to make heroics challenging:

At the start of every instance have an NPC, and when you talk to him, he gives you two options:

Complete normally.
    or
    Complete with stat reductions.

Choosing stat reductions reduces everyone in the groups stats by 20-30%, and this should make it a bit harder, and make it a bit more fun! And a genius name comes with it too!: Hardmode Heroics!

what makes it fun for me is just trying to aggro whole instance at same time and speed run it but i get little bit of a sad face when see the dmg meters at end, me on like 45% of dmg done overall as a tank!

fed up of VH tho cus it is seriously boring! cant overpull or anythink