Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How to make heroics more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Amuno
    I thought of an idea of how to make heroics challenging:

At the start of every instance have an NPC, and when you talk to him, he gives you two options:

Complete normally.
    or
    Complete with stat reductions.

Choosing stat reductions reduces everyone in the groups stats by 20-30%, and this should make it a bit harder, and make it a bit more fun! And a genius name comes with it too!: Hardmode Heroics!
    Interesting idea, but not a bad one. Stat reduction is a good method, but only scratches the surface on the things that could be done

Chill of the throne debuff and increase damage done by mobs by 100%. Give a frost badge at the end of each instance.

Lets see how many people try to chainpull then. CC comes back into play and you actually have to think as a healer.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Lol back in BC you didnt need such tricks to make heroics "fun". Long live shattered halls heroic!

Me and my guild make them fun, we either get our over geared pala tank to pull the entire inst, or I tank on my blood DPS DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Amuno
    Choosing stat reductions reduces everyone in the groups stats by 20-30%, and this should make it a bit harder, and make it a bit more fun! And a genius name comes with it too!: Hardmode Heroics!
    Good idea, but instead of a flat 20-30% reduction, just set their stats to iLvl 187-200 levels, that should make it more interesting
    This space is available for rent!

another fun thing you can do

Point and Laugh - Let the impatient DPS do all of the pulls. Whisper everyone else to not touch the mob. Point and laugh at the DPS as he dies.

upon entering a heroic, all your gear becomes red and broken. you have to do the whole instance naked. at the end, there is an NPC who will repair it for free.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

My strat is a combo of the dps race and chain pulling on my tank. I spec'd into cleave and glyphed for it and like to point out to party members that I'm doing more DPS than them... and continue to chain pull. It's sooo fun on a warrior randomly charging and intercepting around the battlefield, and looks funny as hell too.
    Quote Originally Posted by gookslammer View Post
    Throwing logic at a troll is like throwing bologna at a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Prm
    Lol back in BC you didnt need such tricks to make heroics "fun". Long live shattered halls heroic!
    I generaly think that the best trash mob that heroic dungeon could have is a big red skinned orc and their sounds, i just enjoyed killing them so much, ramparts , blood furnance and shattered halls are best dungeons ever :O Give us more red orcs and less blue trolls, blood elves and zombie skeletons

healer:
    -try to beat my highscore of 96% overhealing in one heroic
    -change to your dps dual specc and heal like that
    -play naked (or get as close as you can)
    tank:
    -tank it in dps gear (with a shield obviously)
    anyone:
    -play "who can flame the other person the hardest" (we played that one the other day, and the tank left because he said he couldn't take it anymore, having to listen to us)
    -kick that blue geared rogue with a ilvl200 tanking weapon, right before the last boss.

best way to make heroics more fun is to put an IQ/Game Knowledge test when you que.

if you fail you cant doing heroics for the day. that way ppl dont cringe when its time to do the daily heroic worry about getting stuck with failure

My tank buddy and i play a little game during guild random runs, i try and steal aggro as often as poss ill pull while the tank is still finishing a group we laugh we have fun. good times

or ill tank in ret spec with a two hander and the rest tank gear as long as i know the healer, or if i ask him and he says np go for it.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

10+ Year Old Account

30.5k unbffed as Fury warrior.. I do get to tank a lot.. even if Im not supposed to ;P

Asheowyn - Shandelzare - Anessa - Shandelzhare