Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Quick disci priest question

    I have a small quick question to ask the priest community, as a icc disci priest what are the ratios of sp:haste:crit:mp5 to have on gear and values to shoot for of these respective stats?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Pick up pieces itemized with

    Stam/Int/Spirit/Crit

    And then pick up off pieces itemized with

    Stam/Int/Crit/Haste

    There are also some decent pieces with

    Stam/Int/MP5/Haste

    But avoid the

    Stam/Int/Spirit/Haste

    and most pieces with hit on them obviously.

  3. #3

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Thanks

  4. #4

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Quote Originally Posted by Contrivez
    Pick up pieces itemized with

    Stam/Int/Spirit/Crit

    And then pick up off pieces itemized with

    Stam/Int/Crit/Haste


    There are also some decent pieces with

    Stam/Int/MP5/Haste

    But avoid the

    Stam/Int/Spirit/Haste

    and most pieces with hit on them obviously.
    Wouldn't you want to flip the bolded ones? Disc has no modifiers for spirit > spell power and not enough downtime to justify stacking spirit for regen purposes.

  5. #5

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Haste/Crit > Haste/MP5 > Crit/MP5 > Haste/Spirit > Crit Spirit

    No need to talk about Int and Stam, those are going to be on gear regardless.

  6. #6

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Yes and no, because spirit still does give a pretty strong amount of regen passively.

    It isn't MP5, but I value crit over haste, so I pick the lesser of 2 evils and keep some decent passive regen even though I have no downtime.

    It's either mp5/haste pieces or spirit/crit for regen purposes, since I'm not willing to pick up purely haste/crit pieces.

    Also, in a perfect world, they would itemize accordingly and I wouldn't have to compete with every caster for the haste/crit pieces, so I'm also doing what's best for maximum dps output in an end game raiding scenario.

  7. #7

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    What you'll want will change greatly depending on the level of gear you have available. For instance at the T7/7.5/8 level you'll want Crit and MP/5 gear. At the T8.5/9/9.25 level you'll start shifting towards haste. At the 9.5/10/10.25 level you'll start to not need MP5, while the priority of Haste rises even further.

    The reason is fairly simple. At 200-219 you can't reach enough haste for GH to out-prioritize FH while also maintaining a minimum amount of effective crit (around 30% Holy crit), while at the same time the base Int on gear is not high enough to compensate for regen yet. So you wind up with a priority of Crit > MP5 > Haste. You really are only looking for around 5-7% haste on gear at this level of gearing. At 226-245 on the other hand you'll start to reach substantially higher haste levels without having to sacrifice the small amount of required crit. When you start filling out gear with 258+ gear you'll see that MP5 is no longer needed in normal situations, while you'll have access to enough haste to really push out those heals without the reliance on BT. Crit still has diminishing returns due to both the Divine Aegis stack cap of 10k and just the fact that crit diminishes in value the more you have.

    Now, since Spirit is never remotely close to MP5 for regen you should never be looking for Spirit gear. The regen returns are pitiful. Keep in mind that in full 264 gear you can hit the GCD haste cap without BT while also having over 35% crit unbuffed and without gemming Int you will still be right around 30k mana unbuffed. Improper gearing is a big part of why Disc is starting to be looked down on again and I totally agree with that perception. Disc Priests wearing Holy gear are hurting the community.

  8. #8

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    I'm disregarding your reply to this thread because you used the word GH.

    What is GH?

    For any priest who lurks this thread, greater heal isn't really a spell.

    It's more like a joke.

    Don't use this spell. Ever.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    3,877

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Quote Originally Posted by Contrivez
    I'm disregarding your reply to this thread because you used the word GH.

    What is GH?

    For any priest who lurks this thread, greater heal isn't really a spell.

    It's more like a joke.

    Don't use this spell. Ever.
    Lol. You must be very smart.

    Retired raider coming back for WoD.
    WoD BETA CLUB

  10. #10
    Fluffy Kitten llDemonll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,581

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    i spam GH during bloodlust. FH is .9 seconds (without borrowed time) during BL, so it's a waste. i get like 1.5 sec GH withou BT during BL, ~1.2 seconds with.

    once you hit a certain haste rating, GH is more HPS than FH. granted, not during BL i dont really use GH, but during BL all i use is shield, penance, and GH (some PoM of course also)

    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

  11. #11

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    hps ratios don't change with haste, except if you fall below the gcd.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

  12. #12
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,194

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Quote Originally Posted by Contrivez
    I'm disregarding your reply to this thread because you used the word GH.

    What is GH?

    For any priest who lurks this thread, greater heal isn't really a spell.

    It's more like a joke.

    Don't use this spell. Ever.
    I read GH becomes viable at 700~ Haste Rating, I'm sitting in the 600 area at the moment and it seems possible, ofcourse I'd need to move my talents from Spell Warding to Divine Fury (which some may forget to calculate in?).
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  13. #13

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    I read GH becomes viable at 700~ Haste Rating, I'm sitting in the 600 area at the moment and it seems possible, ofcourse I'd need to move my talents from Spell Warding to Divine Fury (which some may forget to calculate in?).
    No.
    It doesnt become viable, ever.
    Were not tank healers.
    And were not raid healers.
    Were support healers.

    You keep up grace on the tanks, bubble the raid, and penance the raid/tanks.
    Disc priests do not rely off big heals.
    But rather rely off the change to proc divine aegis, inspiration.
    Which any of these dont need relied off of big heals.
    Flash heal is the only way to go.

  14. #14

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    No.
    It doesnt become viable, ever.
    Were not tank healers.
    And were not raid healers.
    Were support healers.

    You keep up grace on the tanks, bubble the raid, and penance the raid/tanks.
    Disc priests do not rely off big heals.
    But rather rely off the change to proc divine aegis, inspiration.
    Which any of these dont need relied off of big heals.
    Flash heal is the only way to go.
    We're support healers? No, we single target healers for the most part.

    Depending on what you're doing, you're either focusing on the tank while tossing the occasional shield out, which means using a GH build at higher levels of gear will allow for you to value haste and still have around 30% crit. If you're focusing on the raid, of course you're not going to value haste as much since BT will have a much higher up-time, you'll be casting more instants, and the GCD will be close to 1s most of the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Contrivez
    I'm disregarding your reply to this thread because you used the word GH.

    What is GH?

    For any priest who lurks this thread, greater heal isn't really a spell.

    It's more like a joke.

    Don't use this spell. Ever.
    So you're a disc priest that wants to be pigeonholed into only hunting for crit gear?

    Going to a GH build allows Disc priests to be able to have a larger diversity in our gear. It allows for valuing all the green stats instead of just 1 or 2.

  15. #15

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    We're support healers? No, we single target healers for the most part.

    Depending on what you're doing, you're either focusing on the tank while tossing the occasional shield out, which means using a GH build at higher levels of gear will allow for you to value haste and still have around 30% crit. If you're focusing on the raid, of course you're not going to value haste as much since BT will have a much higher up-time, you'll be casting more instants, and the GCD will be close to 1s most of the time.
    So you're a disc priest that wants to be pigeonholed into only hunting for crit gear?

    Going to a GH build allows Disc priests to be able to have a larger diversity in our gear. It allows for valuing all the green stats instead of just 1 or 2.
    You're stuck in the BC times mate.
    It's okay.

  16. #16

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    You're stuck in the BC times mate.
    It's okay.
    So changing to adapt to one needs is what happened only in BC? So you're telling me that we all are stuck in BC times since our talents have changed and thus, we needed to alter our play styles through the expansion?

    Just because something is new does not mean it is a bad thing. The GH build came up after the huge inflation of gear that is Wotlk. The idea came prevalent in ICC because of how much haste and crit you can get, and would not have been thought of at the beginning because of the lack of green stats on most gear.

    And as I said before, GH allows for a wider variety of upgrades over that of the FH build.

  17. #17

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Listen to every reply in this thread that is saying that greater heal is effective, you're wrong. I'm sorry.

    If you're blood lusted and the raid needs heals, divine hymn + innerfocus. Deal with the cut on the GCD .9 second flash heals. Or better yet, shield more people.

    I'm sorry but the coefficients for greater heal to mana cost are beyond terrible.

    Like, beyond terrible. And you cannot stack up divine aegis because your first stack of absorption is long since gone by the time you get the next one off.

    The coefficient coupled with extremely high mana cost makes this spell 100% unsuable.

    Also, we are not single target healers. Sorry, we just aren't. Recruit a paladin and forever feel inferior to them. Be the support healer you are, bubble the raid, penance low people, keep pom bouncing, keep your hots on tanks, and provide the buffer for raid damage that disc is meant to provide.

    Don't like your numbers on recount? Get guessed absorbs or log on WOL.


  18. #18

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Quote Originally Posted by Contrivez
    Listen to every reply in this thread that is saying that greater heal is effective, you're wrong. I'm sorry.

    If you're blood lusted and the raid needs heals, divine hymn + innerfocus. Deal with the cut on the GCD .9 second flash heals. Or better yet, shield more people.

    I'm sorry but the coefficients for greater heal to mana cost are beyond terrible.

    Like, beyond terrible. And you cannot stack up divine aegis because your first stack of absorption is long since gone by the time you get the next one off.

    The coefficient coupled with extremely high mana cost makes this spell 100% unsuable.

    Also, we are not single target healers. Sorry, we just aren't. Recruit a paladin and forever feel inferior to them. Be the support healer you are, bubble the raid, penance low people, keep pom bouncing, keep your hots on tanks, and provide the buffer for raid damage that disc is meant to provide.

    Don't like your numbers on recount? Get guessed absorbs or log on WOL.

    /facepalm

    First off, you're acting like you have mana problems. Disc priests are the healers that have the least mana problems. Second, you obviously do not understand the concept of single target healers, it means we heal 1 person at a time, although we do have the occasional BT+PoH combo.

    Support healer suggests that the raid can do without one for the most part, which is the exact opposite. Disc priests are in demand.

    If you read any of the posts, you would have learned that it is with high haste that the GH build becomes viable. Note I said build, which means a change in talents than the conventional FH build. Which means that the talents are used to affect GH and not FH. With enough haste, your GH down pretty low, low enough to be able to stack DA.


    Seriously, if you can not change at all, or even acknowledge the fact that we're now in a gear level that can support a GH build with effectiveness, then you're in no situation to tell people how to do stuff.

  19. #19

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    I know of the people who are hasting stacking (and losing mad crit), and are casting greater heal with DF + BT, etc.

    I also know that my statement still stands, the coefficients of greater heal suck beyond compare.

    My avg crit flash heal = 9,000
    My avg crit greater heal = 17,000

    9000 + 9000 = 18000.

    Greater heal costs 1236 mana.

    Flash with glyph (which is one of the few decent disc glyphs) is 521.

    With full raid buffs, and BT you still cannot possibly reduce your greater heal to 1 second, which is what flash is with BT and raid buffs.

    I'm sorry but it's simple math.

    Flash heal is greater throughput. And you can actually snipe a heal with a 1 second flash and get a DA proc of 2600 or so.

    With a greater heal, you're going to 100% overheal on an attempted snipe, and proc a DA which is about 4k. That's nice absorb, but you did 0 effective healing.

    I'm not trying to tell you this concept of gheal spam is bad. I'm just saying gearing for it just to get less effective throughput is really stupid.


  20. #20

    Re: Quick disci priest question

    Wow this post derailed fast, i never use greater heal unless..... i meet three conditions and the person i'm healing needs that amount of healing

    1: Penance is on Cd
    2: Target has pws
    3: Damage is predictable/Static
    4: I have barrowed time
    5 : Either power infusion or Heroism

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •