Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: chimera shot glyph?

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil

@Jake
    Stop getting so personal about people you don't know and try to prove me wrong with actual data and logic. While I disagree with Kripp's argument as his point of view is of a guild that is way faster than mine, he at least didn't degenerate to trolling and tried to reason around his choice of glyphs. Perhaps, you can try the same sometime.
    read #5 above for the data and logic.
    Suck at playing hunter?
    http://jakeshots.blogspot.com/

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kil%27jaeden&n=Jakeshots

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Assuming your raid is at 100% when the boss hits 20% and starts to be executed. On farmeable content this may be true in many cases, but I'm not that concerned with those fights as the content is well, farmeable. On first kills, half the raid might be dead, at which point the last 20% maybe actually be the longest 20% of the fight (rotface comes to mind for my guild especially, the last 20% is usually the worst part due to deaths, speedy injections, all around foolery, etc).
    Doesn't really matter much if a few are dead, especially not if they died early and as such prolonging the time to get to 20% in the first place.
    Just by changing the duration of the 20% phase from 20% to ~18.5% the sheet suddenly gives me multiple choices on what to replace the KS
    glyph with in order to increase my dps output.

Also, if you want to bring up encounter specific things that could make the KS glyph worth more you should also bring up the ones where it means
    less. BQL comes to mind, when everyone is rocking the 100% damage buff in the end that 20% phase sure isn't going to last anywhere close to
    20% of the fight. Things like nuking Lady Deathwhisper is similar too, you have to get through 80% of her health and ALL her mana before you get
    into Kill Shot range, thus making the last 20% less than 20% of the fight length, of course you can KS the adds but I sincerely hope you get my point.

It just doesn't seem like you realize the bad aspects of the glyph, just the good ones. Ideally you're going to be changing glyphs because sometimes
    Kill Shot is just way and away better, like on mimiron or yogg-saron.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    Doesn't really matter much if a few are dead, especially not if they died early and as such prolonging the time to get to 20% in the first place.
    Just by changing the duration of the 20% phase from 20% to ~18.5% the sheet suddenly gives me multiple choices on what to replace the KS
    glyph with in order to increase my dps output.

Also, if you want to bring up encounter specific things that could make the KS glyph worth more you should also bring up the ones where it means
    less. BQL comes to mind, when everyone is rocking the 100% damage buff in the end that 20% phase sure isn't going to last anywhere close to
    20% of the fight. Things like nuking Lady Deathwhisper is similar too, you have to get through 80% of her health and ALL her mana before you get
    into Kill Shot range, thus making the last 20% less than 20% of the fight length, of course you can KS the adds but I sincerely hope you get my point.

It just doesn't seem like you realize the bad aspects of the glyph, just the good ones. Ideally you're going to be changing glyphs because sometimes
    Kill Shot is just way and away better, like on mimiron or yogg-saron.
    Good point about early deaths, but of course, "ideally" you would swap glyphs or have two specs depending on the fight if you really were trying to maximize damage in every possible situation. I'll admit kill shot starts to lose out on single target burn fights like marrowgar, I am merely trying to point out that it has a place and shouldn't be completely dismissed just because one person said so.

So as MM ur using SS Glyphe again? :O
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    See, now you didn't read what I said, I said that as long as the adds are dead before they reach the player it does not really matter what you did.
    I'm assuming that the hardmodes will be slightly more challenging and will require you to put as much hurt on the adds as possible - which includes dropping chimera as a focus on the boss. I'm not sure what you're getting at, if the adds are able to get to someone without you using chimera on them, and if they don't when you do use chimera, then it does matter what you did. I have to admit that my guild isn't the best and that I'm probably the top ranged in most runs but that's how I experience it :/.

15+ Year Old Account

Even if you do have to chim the add there shouldn't be a problem refreshing the sting
    on the boss within the 1 second gap unless you were standing a lot closer the first time
    you applied it.

I'm still not sure you understood what I've been saying all along because you pretty much
    just re-stated what I said.

Another thing that speaks against the chimera glyph is that for it to have any effect you
    need to prio it over aimed shot but with high ArP you want to prio aimed shot over chimera
    because it receives a greater benefit from the ISS proc. By having the glyph and prioing
    chimera over aimed you devalue the ISS talent because you spread the procs between the
    two shots instead of using all of them on the shot with the highest benefit.

Unless you modified the settings to fit the real duration of an average ICC boss with a ridiculous execution range, it will always claim CS glyph is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MilkaMaus
    So as MM ur using SS Glyphe again? :O
    Yes, it was proven to be fixed on the PTR for 3.3 and is no longer overriden by marked for death, I believe SS is by far the best glyph for ArP MM (I would lose 120 DPS changing it out for hawk).

A lot of it depends on your latency anyway. Personally, with my bad latency, I can't fit in the "ideal rotation" of 4 steadies per chimera, so I use the chimera glyph to allow myself to use chimera more times per fight.

If your latency is bad enough that you physically cannot do the "idea rotation" (MM isn't even a rotation, it's a priority), then chimera glyph is a rather easy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Toas
    A lot of it depends on your latency anyway. Personally, with my bad latency, I can't fit in the "ideal rotation" of 4 steadies per chimera, so I use the chimera glyph to allow myself to use chimera more times per fight.

If your latency is bad enough that you physically cannot do the "idea rotation" (MM isn't even a rotation, it's a priority), then chimera glyph is a rather easy choice.
    Correct me if I''m wrong but I was pretty sure it was the other way around, that good latency made the glyph good and bad latency made the glyph bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Kripparrian
    connection plays no role if youre spamming keys. Effective latency for well bound and hit keys is going to be in the 5-25 range always.
    latency has nothing to do with it.
    Suck at playing hunter?
    http://jakeshots.blogspot.com/

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kil%27jaeden&n=Jakeshots

Quote Originally Posted by Infs
    Correct me if I''m wrong but I was pretty sure it was the other way around, that good latency made the glyph good and bad latency made the glyph bad?
    His connection is apparently SO BAD that he can't fit 4 steady shots between his CS and AiS, so he turned his rotation into a survival hunter's rotation.