Thread: bad dps

bad dps

my dps suck my "rotation" is fs lvb lb. cl if there is no exstra haste running when i need to move and fs has more than 15 sec i cast frost shock i cant see what im doing wrong here eny good advise in here?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...ses&boss=36626

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...Nerub&cn=Tyfon

Re: bad dps

Using fester is a bad example. Most shamans i see pull at most 6k on this fight

Yeah another fight where range have to do something which screws their dps. Its still not bad for your gear. Ele shamans arent known for great dps. But your ret paladin is horrible.

well my guild wants me to do 7k+ whit the gear i have and some say i need more crit not haste and sp and that i stack to much haste. and ya he did not do well but he is normaly a tank

Quote Originally Posted by storeposer
    well my guild wants me to do 7k+ whit the gear i have and some say i need more crit not haste and sp and that i stack to much haste. and ya he did not do well but he is normaly a tank
    Then your guild has too high expectation for your class imo. Direct them to these forums where you see its discussed that shamans are never high on charts. I mean if your mage which is a pure dps caster is only doing 6.7k how are you supposed to do 7k?

they want all of us to do 7k+ and they compare me to http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...erub&cn=Hummer he can do 8,5-10k if he is lucky he has more crit than me thats why they think i need more crit

As other posters have said this really isn't a favorable fight for ele shamans, but even so with your gear that dps is on the low side. Running with a demo lock, allowing you to drop searing, would help you.

Here is a link to our kill on Festergut. We did not have a demo lock and I was standing at range.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=8974&e=9265

Really on that fight your melee should be dominating the meters. Every one of our melee is 8k+ on this fight. If you have more than 9 ranged stand on the tanks, Avoiding movement for spores and time lost due to Vile gas. On attempts that i stood on the tanks I was at about 7.5k dps, still no searing totem.
    As far as stacking crit..........Don't do it. SP>Haste>Crit

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    Yeah another fight where range have to do something which screws their dps. Its still not bad for your gear. Ele shamans arent known for great dps. But your ret paladin is horrible.
    Thats why you let the dps that wont do that much dps at all if running into standing with the melee and everyone else, like hunters etc that still will do great dps have to run around.

i did 6k on fester in a 10 man whit moving but i was lucky but i still think there is a long way to 7k+

Tell them you will do 7K+ happily if you are allowed to stand on the tank and not run to the spores.

If they dont like that, tell your melee to not be slackers and to soak up your DPS loss as you run around like a headless chicken.

Tell your guild that your enhancement shaman is more worrying, 4.5k? This week my guilds kill we had 3 enhancement shamans (lol) all pulling 8.5k, by no means is that hard or that impressive.

dropp your fireele and not only searing
    put lb on your mousewheel an spam it
    move less
    look for a spot near the 'meeting point'

keep your tanks alive and do some real trys on fester. 2 min wipes don't really count
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

my dps suck my "rotation" is fs lvb lb. cl if there is no exstra haste running when i need to move and fs has more than 15 sec i cast frost shock i cant see what im doing wrong here eny good advise in here?
    Why, oh why, is it so hard to use a period and the *shift* key once in a while? You used the "?" so I know you can use the *shift* key. And take 3 seconds to proofread and correct the misspellings...

/rant

Im not english and the english i Can i have learned from games like this and movies so stop being a gramma nazi

What everyone said is correct this is a melee type fight and is very hurtful on ranged type dps. The biggest thing your raid leaders need to look at is your melee, there is no real reason for them to be sitting low on the dps charts. And your guild needs to know they can't expect reliable dps from range because of the mechanics of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bg5150
    Why, oh why, is it so hard to use a period and the *shift* key once in a while? You used the "?" so I know you can use the *shift* key. And take 3 seconds to proofread and correct the misspellings...

/rant

inorite people are always making stupid posts with mispelings and no punchuations it makes me so mad i just hope that they get a education and learn the language
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama