Poll: Can a Shaman solo Tiger/Raptor Bosses

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shaman solo ZG Bosses?

Like the topic says! I'm an elemental/resto shaman, in mostly 245/icc gear (5500 gs if thats your thing)

Just wondering if I could pull it off as Ele or Resto

If not, thinking about blowing all these triumph badges on an enhance set, and grabbing tanking rings/trinkets/neck pieces...

Somethings gotta work!! Opinions?

Re: Shaman solo ZG Bosses?

dunno about which specc to use

but it is possible for sure. guildy of mine did it too but he had more trouble with the raptor boss^^
    (think he was resto)
    Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&cn=Salomo

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

you can do the tiger boss in every of the three specs but the raptor boss is more difficult and I only tried him once with my ilvl 200-213 melee gear but died

Go enhancement, know what you're doing, use maelstrom procs to heal yourself, and the only real problems in there will be Mandokir (really tough when frenzied) and Hakkar (impossible for me because of the MC mechanic - lowest I ever soloed him to was 24%).

15+ Year Old Account

My main is an elem shaman. In ToC25 and ICC10 / 25 gear. You can solo the raptor boss as elem or enhance if you pull it off right. There are youtube videos actually. I myself have done it since early WotLK, (full t7) days. The fight does take a while.

MUST have a shield. I have tried with a haste, SP, crit offhand instead of a shield and you get the snot beat out of you.

Start at the top of his 'temple'. Kill raptor first with heroism and run down stairs and jump off to side, since he will be enraged. For a while now you will be healing constantly, step away when he whirlwinds and just keep your HP topped off.

The fight can take quite a while, several minutes. Mostly, because you will have to heal through his enrage after killing the raptor.

Praying for Bulwark of Smoldering Steel to drop so I start doing this again. :-\

I was mostly wondering if Tiger could be done as either elemental or resto. Want...tiger...mount

Did tiger in Ulduar gear as enhancement (same gear that can trivially solo "death from above" daily quest in Icecrown). It's about 50/50 success in ZG, sometimes maelstrom just wont proc enough heals as the mobs chain stun and the stuns also prevent using SR to regain mana. Tiger is probably easier as resto or ele.

Raptor was pretty much impossible, fear+mortal strike combo proved to be too hard to deal with even in ToC25 gear or lv226+ PvP gear. Boss hits lv245 pve gear for about 1.5k every 2 sec + 5k mortal strikes + fear, totally impossible to 'tank' as a shaman since Mandokir's DPS far surpasses enha HPS. Supposedly it's possible to kite it with earthbind and frost shock, but I gave up after dying half-dozen times trying that.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

still gotta have someone in your "raid group" so hell, just find a lowbie who will heal you through most of it and tell them that they won't have a chance to get the mount if it drops....just boot them right before you kill the boss and you don't have to worry about pulling it off perfectly and it doesn't take so long

I've done it as enhance, and It is definitely possible as ele. I have no idea how anyone could do it as resto however.

its like a gambling as elemental..

silence/stunn/healinterrupt-fail/ms <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Metalwraith
    Go enhancement, know what you're doing, use maelstrom procs to heal yourself, and the only real problems in there will be Mandokir (really tough when frenzied) and Hakkar (impossible for me because of the MC mechanic - lowest I ever soloed him to was 24%).
    He doesnt MC if your soloing.

so, dont use totems and god sake not companions or elementals.

Soloed as warrior, no probs. 2 manned with 2 enha shamans and tremor totems.

Soloed as blood dk but without worms talent, else you cant do it.

I think resto has good chance of soloing every boss, only if they have enrage timers it might be a wipe. but healing wise people should be able to heal all the inc dmg, maybe the silencing bosses are bit harder.

Interesting thread. I've soloed most all of the bosses. Raptor gave me the most trouble. Never tried Hakkar. I'll give it a whirl this weekend and let you know how it goes. I'm in T9 + a few 251 items.

Armory is on my sig.

the bad thing about tiger boss is the silencing

if your unlucky, you´ll be silenced three times in a row and that´s it.

resto may be able to stay alife through those silences through earthshield/healing stream, but the fight will last forever, because you cant do much damage and because it will sometimes happen that your silenced while the npc heal is casted

i cant imagine how elemental is supposed to beat 3 mobs with 1million hp, who keep silencing, healing

enh has wolves, some melee dmg which is unaffected by silence. still, silence will keep you from selfhealing/shocking/interrupting/aoe-ing often, so it´s a tough fight. im enhancement, and would i not have the tiger already, i´d be compelled to try it solo onemore, as my gear as improved much since early wotlk ( gearscore 5.7k or something, not that i use gs myself ^^ )

if you insist of doing it solo, you should have decent gear and either do it as resto or enh
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

imo tiger boss is just quick zerg and timing with ress and heal. raptor boss tacs is to zerg with all cooldown boss much as possible when doggies and hero/bl fades then use ground elemental totem and keep zergin boss.
    shamdruid
    og vanilla player

Quote Originally Posted by pussuca
    raptor boss tacs is to zerg with all cooldown boss much as possible when doggies and hero/bl fades then use ground elemental totem and keep zergin boss.
    Doesn't work. Elemental taunts Mandokir, elemental dead in 5 seconds, after that shammy dead in 10 seconds. It's not tankable in current gear, kiteable maybe.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I've soloed the raptor boss as resto back at level 70 in mostly Hyjal/BT gear, its even easier to do at level 80 in 245+ gear. The tiger boss was seemingly impossible to solo at 70 due to the silences (also b/c i didnt have any elemental totems off CD, but w/e). I've killed the tiger boss at 80 solo as resto, but it takes a much longer time since the priest always seems to heal when im stunned. It is possible, just be ready for a lot of damage when you get stunned/charged in either encounter.

just did the raptor boss solo as enhance. as a little unlucky as my fire elemental decided to ignore mandokir and run straight down to the next mob group... was barely able to remove my totems before it pulled ads :

the rest was pretty simple. pop wolves/bloodlust/engi-gloves/shamy rage(t10 2pc) and nuke him down as fast as possible. dont forget to use tremor, and as soon as wolves disappear start to selfheal. i nearly died as he was at ~3%, so it´s a close call even with good gear ( i have ~5.7k gearscore i believe )
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I've been soloing ZG for rep and mounts as elemetal in 3.1 and since TotC came out as enhancement.

All the bosses are really easy once you use a proper tactic. For example: don't use totems/wolves on hakkar and jin'do. On tiger boss just use heroism & wolves at the start and zerg them down together, you don't even need to heal yourself before they die. On bloodlord i kill the raptor first, then i use heroism and when i see MW isn't procing fast enough i call the wolves, always have tremor and searing totem up (so he attacks it after aggro reset-charge and i have time to heal myself) and when the wolves are about to fade i do spirit walk and kite him for 15~20 seconds until his enrage is over (you better have most trash cleared to have enough kiting space). After the enrage is over he's easy to finish off. You can't wipe unless you lag or have really bad gear.

With 219~232 ilvl gear from heroics and proper gems/enchants its easy to solo ZG (and slightly harder but doable, the first boss in Karazhan).

So everyone seems to say Enh is the way to go

But what about elemental?

Any shamans out there have solo'd tiger as elemental?

I have solo'd Tiger as Elemental multiple times. It is challenging, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You don't need any special spec; just go in there as cookie cutter Elemental.

Any buffs you can get before the pull will just make it easier. These mobs are not to be underestimated; they will silence you and they will heal. Make a /focus macro for the healer boss, and interrupt her at every opportunity. Stack Illustration of the Dragon Soul if you have it; anything will help. Pull with your Fire Elemental, blow Heroism, and single target nuke the main raid boss. When the main raid boss is at 50% health, switch to the healer boss. At this point you can Chain Lightning, Fire Nova, and Thunderstorm. When the healer boss is at 50% health, switch to the rogue boss--and KILL him. The main boss and the healer boss will be very low at this point. Nuke both of them. If you're good, and a little lucky, all three will die without any heals getting off, and the fight is pretty much over.

Do Lesser Healing Wave if you get low--but you shouldn't; not until the end of the fight. The key is to keep the rogue boss on the Fire Elemental.

For Hakkar, you don't want to use any totems.

For Raptor Boss, you want to kill the raptor immediately, Heroism, Earth Elemental, and then heal through the enrage. When the enrage is over, you'll be much safer.

Bat Boss can kill you. The key to Bat Boss is to Heroism and just nuke before the bats come.

Be careful with Jin'do. If you are alone, and he happens to drop a totem just as he dies, the totem will MC you. You will be stuck MC'd for about 10 minutes, until the totem despawns. It sucks.

The rest of the bosses are easy. Yes, you can solo ZG as Elemental.