Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Most people complain bout bad players what bout the "leet" ones?

I read a lot of forum posts (that are quite funny) about all the horrible players people encounter, but has anyone been having an issue with the vast amount of arrogant pricks who think they're better then you just because they have a higher gearscore?

Ever since i started gearing up my Paladin on my own I've just been bombarded with these gear score addicted asshats who,
    - Jump in a group glance around and just quit instantly.
    - Leaves mid pull (specifically healer).
    - the players who spend the entire dungeon run just talking down to everyone
    I've even had someone who just whispered me "you need better gear" and the entire group just disbanded.

I'm just overwhelmed by the constant asshats I encounter in my groups. I understand leaving groups with people using broken specs, mix of tank/dps gear, pvp gear whatever, but have mercy most of time does not involve these.

Re: Most people complain bout bad players what bout the "leet" ones?

TL, DR Annoying people are annoying, not just bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr
    I was unaware medieval prostitutes wore iron bras and panties.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Where in the world are pancakes and bacon not wed in the holy house of breakfast!?
    I will sunder this place from existence.

sigh another gearscore thread. really, you people who insist on arguing about gearscore are the real problem. let it go ffs.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

get better gear if you dont want people to say you have bad gear, and don't you dare saying its hard to get i219 and i232, you can grind i219 all day and i232 once a day, more if you're lucky with the randoms

Gearscore is directly proportional to skill.

The more concerned you are about using it, the less you have.

I seem to run into a lot of players who way overestimate their skill/gear. I see a lot of tanks who think they can pull an entire heroic and then die in half a second.

Deleted

Topics of this sort are new and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    get better gear if you dont want people to say you have bad gear, and don't you dare saying its hard to get i219 and i232, you can grind i219 all day and i232 once a day, more if you're lucky with the randoms
    Are you trolling or just ignorant? The reason I ask is because in order to gear up you must in fact run heroics and raids to get gear in order to have better gear.

Lets look at the situation...level to 80...get into heroics to get gear.

Did some of you just start playing this game the last 2 months or so because I leveled to 80 within the first two weeks of WotLK and heroics were designed to get you gear to do Naxx. Each boss didn't just drop the highest Emblem available which was Valor from everything that moves. People get into heroics to get gear, they don't run heroics because they HAVE the best gear.

Sigh another "OMG someone told me I'm bad in a heroic" thread.

News flash: Daily heroic gives 2x Frost badges so everyone including people in ToGC and ICC 25 gear have to do at least one daily heroic every day. Therefore occasionally you have to deal with ppl with 245+ ilvl who will scoff at your mix of dungeon blues / 232 badge gear.

So there are two options, A) your gear is lacking and you are possibly bad at what you do (assume tank since you don’t complain about being kicked) or B) run into that 1% of sociopaths at an alarmingly high rate (I would rethink whatever you are doing maybe start donating to charity, definitely stay away from gambling).

Anyways elitists are either way too geared for heroics and therefore just as much a victim as you being forced to do content with people of vastly different gear, or they are fake elites who are enjoying their newly given 232 sets and think they are hot shit. The people in the latter group disserve scorn. The people in group 1 who do 40% of the party dps, heal while maintaining 2nd or 3rd on the dps meter, or tank the whole dungeon without dipping below 80% and dealing more damage than receiving; their comments need to be ignored. If you have a problem petition Blizz to strengthen the gear criteria so you are grouped with similar gear players more often and elitists find groups with other elitists preferably in ICC 5 man groups.

It’s rather hypocritical to get carried through dungeons and then complain someone said something insulting as you were napping on their shoulders. Man up, gear up, and show elitists you can walk on your own. Until then learn to be babied cause running heroics with undergeared players sure does feel like being a nanny and posts like these don’t discourage the stereotype.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

Quote Originally Posted by kingkow
    TL, DR Annoying people are annoying, not just bad ones.
    Thats TL;DR? Don't wait till you get a job and have to read a health and safety leaflet.

On Topic: I have only had one person like this, weird thing was...I had better gear than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Achiistra
    Gearscore is directly proportional to skill.

The more concerned you are about using it, the less you have.
    That's inverse proportion, not direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zophiel
    Is I trolling or just ignorant? The reason I ask is because in order to gear up you must in fact run heroics and raids to get gear in order to have better gear.

Lets look at the situation...level to 80...get into heroics to get gear.

Did some of you just start playing this game the last 2 months or so because I leveled to 80 within the first two weeks of WotLK and heroics were designed to get you gear to do Naxx. Each boss didn't just drop the highest Emblem available which was Valor from everything that moves. People get into heroics to get gear, they don't run heroics because they HAVE the best gear.
    Fixed. I didn't get loads of what you're saying or trying to prove that you're good because you first could ding 80 after 2 weeks. But now, you can get i219 and i232 from just doing heroics, naxxramas, ulduar and toc10 man is worse gear and toc10 can just match it, theres no effort in this and if you concentrate you can get i245 from vendor. so please state what your saying mister "i raided naxx and nobody else did"

Deleted

Fixed. I didn't get loads of what you're saying or trying to prove that you're good because you first could ding 80 after 2 weeks. But now, you can get i219 and i232 from just doing heroics, naxxramas, ulduar and toc10 man is worse gear and toc10 can just match it, theres no effort in this and if you concentrate you can get i245 from vendor. so please state what your saying mister "i raided naxx and nobody else did"

Listen to this, mate. It may be a bit hard to understand but...
    YOU NEED TO GET BETTER GEAR TO GET EVEN BETTER GEAR.
    My work here is done.

10+ Year Old Account

you are just retarded...here let me run a scenario for you

player 1 just hit 80 and decides "hey i wanna start pugging raids right away so im going to do some heroics for badge gear"
    he then queues up and gets into a heroic and runs into player 2 a player who normally raids ICC and is just doing his random for frost emblem
    player 2 starts talking to shit to player 1 cuz hes only pulling 2k dps and tells him to get better gear......wtf do u think hes doing
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    you are just retarded...here let me run a scenario for you

player 1 just hit 80 and decides "hey i wanna start pugging raids right away so im going to do some heroics for badge gear"
    he then queues up and gets into a heroic and runs into player 2 a player who normally raids ICC and is just doing his random for frost emblem
    player 2 starts talking to shit to player 1 cuz hes only pulling 2k dps and tells him to get better gear......wtf do u think hes doing
    Wait who are you saying is wrong here? Obviously P1 is doing all he can (well I guess he could play AH and buy BoE epics) to improve himself by running dungeons, so to say "OMG your gear sucks, get out of my heroic" is rather unfair. Then again P2 doesn’t want to be doing this heroic. He wants in, kill the final boss and get out as fast as possible because doing the heroic for the 100th time is stupid and the fact that for a full T10 suit plus a couple pieces of BiS badge pieces he's going to need ~500 badges. So the elitist wants the best possible group to just finish the instance and be on his way.

So the leet isn't decrying the individual so much as he’s complaining about his rotten luck getting stuck in with a brand new 80, having to carry this person usually dps but occasionally a healer / tank though old content.

Let's sum it up to a work environment. You need to use the copier; you use it every day as part of your busy office routine. There is a new guy to your floor who doesn’t know how to use the copier properly, he’s slow to load the paper, slow to select the options, doesn’t know how to collate or use the page number options. Sitting behind this person counting down the seconds wasted waiting on this guy is frustrating. It's not his fault he's new and has never done this before but he’s stealing your time. Now imagine every single day someone in line for the copier is a new guy how aggravating would it be. That's what these guys go through with the daily random.

Eventually leets will collect enough badges that they won't need the daily but until that time comes the frustrated raider will always take it out on the new dinged 80 the time they feel is being taken from them on this run they don’t want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Topics of this sort are new and interesting.
    ^loved it so much
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthyboi
    once I got kicked for ninja pulling. I was the tank

While elitists, or "1337" as they have been referred to, do exist, purebreds can be difficult to find. Although rare in large numbers, individuals are most commonly found in raids and dungeons. Their most distinctive traits include incessant preening of DPS numbers, the mating call of "GOGOGOGO!", the territorial grunt of "In my guild.....", and the seemingly inhuman ability to run ahead of everyone else and not notice/care. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes including, but not limited to, BE Rogues, NE Hunters, Orc Warriors, Human Paladins, Undead Warlocks, Draenei Shaman, and any DK. Additionally, they can be found filling any of the roles, such as; Tank, DPS, Healer, and Village Idiot.
    If stumbeled upon the best cure forthese creatures is /ignore. While this doesn't remove the problem immidately, it will reduce the affect they have on you. This can last anywhre from 5 to 60 minutes or more. After which the 1337 should be gone. /ignore should be kept up indifinately to isventt recurrence. While most 1337 are extremely annoying, they can also beextremely useful. Don not automatically assume a 1337 to be useless. Many times purebred 1337 can decrease run time as they like to "GOGOGOGO!"

A more common, but less useful, halbreed exists as well. These can be difficult to discern from the purebred version, but are equally annoying. The easiest way to tell a purebred from a halfbreed is the blueish-green tint of the halfbreed. Another less obvious way to tell the difference is the lack of preening from the halfbreed, as preening of "low" numbers would be counter productive to their survival. Halfbreeds tend to be much less useful than their physically superior purebred counterparts, and as such should be removed immidately before they cause a wipe. (This is less common of the DPS variety, but a fatal evolutionary choice of the Tank and Healer types.)

WARNING: If you come across more than one 1337, RUN! You have no hope as purebreds have the ability to feed off of each other and will become more powerful than anyone can imagine. (Many belive the critical mass of purebred 1337s is 40, but the result of such a grouping could tear not only Azeroth apart but the World as we know it.)
    It may be possible to use a purebred to get rid of a halfbreed but this tactic can backfire and should only be used in the most dire of circumstances.

Always remember both purebred and halfbreed 1337s feed off of rhetoric. Deny them their sustenance and they will surely starve. (The fat ones may take longer.)

This has been a public service announcement, provided in part by readers like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxored
    Wait who are you saying is wrong here? Obviously P1 is doing all he can (well I guess he could play AH and buy BoE epics) to improve himself by running dungeons, so to say "OMG your gear sucks, get out of my heroic" is rather unfair. Then again P2 doesn’t want to be doing this heroic. He wants in, kill the final boss and get out as fast as possible because doing the heroic for the 100th time is stupid and the fact that for a full T10 suit plus a couple pieces of BiS badge pieces he's going to need ~500 badges. So the elitist wants the best possible group to just finish the instance and be on his way.

So the leet isn't decrying the individual so much as he’s complaining about his rotten luck getting stuck in with a brand new 80, having to carry this person usually dps but occasionally a healer / tank though old content.

Let's sum it up to a work environment. You need to use the copier; you use it every day as part of your busy office routine. There is a new guy to your floor who doesn’t know how to use the copier properly, he’s slow to load the paper, slow to select the options, doesn’t know how to collate or use the page number options. Sitting behind this person counting down the seconds wasted waiting on this guy is frustrating. It's not his fault he's new and has never done this before but he’s stealing your time. Now imagine every single day someone in line for the copier is a new guy how aggravating would it be. That's what these guys go through with the daily random.

Eventually leets will collect enough badges that they won't need the daily but until that time comes the frustrated raider will always take it out on the new dinged 80 the time they feel is being taken from them on this run they don’t want to do.
    If it is such a burden for the ICC "Raider" to group with lower geared players, maybe they should stay outta heroics and keep collecting their frosts in ICC? Woe is me they can only do 10 and 25 man once a week for well over 2 badges per run.
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

...Easy fix, dont download gearscore...
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

I feel so strongly about this thread that I signed up for forum access.

60% of the replies here have completely missed the OP's point and are indeed feeding the very thing the OP is concerned about. OP says "hey, there are some really rude people that have a severe chip on their shoulder whether through GS or DPS or what have you." First and second replies are exactly the kind of players OP is unhappy with.

He didn't mention anything about being unhappy and not knowing what to do about it. He does mention that he's unhappy because there are a large amount of WoW players that become unhinged, power-hungry gear trolls when they log in. They blindly carry out a series of insults on whomever they feel isn't as geared (and I'm using this term very abstractly) or more geared as they are.

Additionally, this topic is gearscore agnostic. Regardless of the reason, there is a very real problem of WoW players that continually initiate self-entitled, arrogant behavior.

Be nice.