Thread: Rejuv

Rejuv

nub question cuz im bad.

rejuv base time is 15 seconds

plus

nature's splendor

would equal 18 seconds? yet when i cast rejuv, speced into it, it still gives me a 15 second timer

Re: Rejuv

Are you using the Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation?

yes?

lol must of missed something about that glyph then, care to explain?

The Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation reduces the time between rejuv ticks dependent upon how much haste you have which in effect reduces the duration of your rejuv. Instead of getting a tick every 3 seconds over 18 seconds (18 seconds/6 ticks = a tick every 3 seconds) you are getting the 6 ticks over a 15 second duration (15 seconds / 6 ticks = a tick every 2.5 seconds).

The heals come faster from your rejuv at a cost of the duration (smaller window for swiftmend and having to recast rejuv more often).

Quote Originally Posted by Drelimar
    The Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation reduces the time between rejuv ticks dependent upon how much haste you have which in effect reduces the duration of your rejuv. Instead of getting a tick every 3 seconds over 18 seconds (18 seconds/6 ticks = a tick every 3 seconds) you are getting the 6 ticks over a 15 second duration (15 seconds / 6 ticks = a tick every 2.5 seconds).

The heals come faster from your rejuv at a cost of the duration (smaller window for swiftmend and having to recast rejuv more often).
    Ah, thank you so much, makes a lot more sense then reading the glyph itself.

lol not much of a number cruncher

No problem at all, happy to help.

My View on the Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation

Recently I have been playing around with this glyph and have gotten a pretty good idea of whether I like it or not. I have created two healing specs on my druid, with a few minor differences on each but the major difference is the Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation.

For the most part I use the spec that has the Glyph for 10 mans and 5 mans, because I can still blanket the raid with rejuvenation with the decreased duration of rejuv.

For 25 man raids you have to use your judgment. For example during fights like Festergut or the Twins where everyone is taking damage at once you will want to not use this glyph. Then if you are doing a fight such as Mimeron and you have to put lots of heals on one person like the plasma blast or the napalm shell, you will want to have this glyph because it puts out more heals on that target per second.

For the most part in 25 man raids I choose to use the spec that does not have the glyph because I am generally on raid heals and I want to be able to cover as many people as possible. Just remember it is very situational and you must use your best judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Arria
    My View on the Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation

Recently I have been playing around with this glyph and have gotten a pretty good idea of whether I like it or not. I have created two healing specs on my druid, with a few minor differences on each but the major difference is the Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation.

For the most part I use the spec that has the Glyph for 10 mans and 5 mans, because I can still blanket the raid with rejuvenation with the decreased duration of rejuv.

For 25 man raids you have to use your judgment. For example during fights like Festergut or the Twins where everyone is taking damage at once you will want to not use this glyph. Then if you are doing a fight such as Mimeron and you have to put lots of heals on one person like the plasma blast or the napalm shell, you will want to have this glyph because it puts out more heals on that target per second.

For the most part in 25 man raids I choose to use the spec that does not have the glyph because I am generally on raid heals and I want to be able to cover as many people as possible. Just remember it is very situational and you must use your best judgment.
    Are you retarded? If people are taking constant aoe damage on fights like twins / festergut, surely faster ticks of the heal will be a improvement?

You're thinking completely the opposite of common sence. If the tank is taking huge ammounts of damage in a short period of time, a 0.5 sec difference of ONE hot isn't going to make him survive, whereas constant small damage is where the 0.5 faster ticks is a lifesaver.

reroll class dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Elanthari
    Are you retarded? If people are taking constant aoe damage on fights like twins / festergut, surely faster ticks of the heal will be a improvement?

You're thinking completely the opposite of common sence. If the tank is taking huge ammounts of damage in a short period of time, a 0.5 sec difference of ONE hot isn't going to make him survive, whereas constant small damage is where the 0.5 faster ticks is a lifesaver.

reroll class dude.
    On fights like festergut and the twins people are taking constant damage however not extremely dangerous constant damage, thus you want to put rejuv on as many people as you can at once to keep them from taking more of that damage. If the damage was more intense and dangerous I would definatly want the increased tick time, or If I was tank healing.

I never said that one hot would keep a tank alive, but if you have the reduced duration it will heal him more per second then if you were healing him without the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Arria
    On fights like festergut and the twins people are taking constant damage however not extremely dangerous constant damage, thus you want to put rejuv on as many people as you can at once to keep them from taking more of that damage. If the damage was more intense and dangerous I would definatly want the increased tick time, or If I was tank healing.

I never said that one hot would keep a tank alive, but if you have the reduced duration it will heal him more per second then if you were healing him without the glyph.
    Even at the haste cap, you can keep 10 rejuvenations up at the same time. In a 10man, that covers it all. In a 25man raid, you're generally NEVER alone on raid healing. Assign targets with your other raid healer(s) rather than thinking its all your job.

The part where you mentioned mimirons plasma blast, you also mentioned that you would want this hot to get faster heals on the tank. Now honestly, that hot will save the tank every thousand try. That hot alone is never going to save the tank. You'd much rather have him pre-hotted and nourish spam your way through it.

Even at the haste cap, you can keep 10 rejuvenations up at the same time. In a 10man, that covers it all. In a 25man raid, you're generally NEVER alone on raid healing. Assign targets with your other raid healer(s) rather than thinking its all your job.

The part where you mentioned mimirons plasma blast, you also mentioned that you would want this hot to get faster heals on the tank. Now honestly, that hot will save the tank every thousand try. That hot alone is never going to save the tank. You'd much rather have him pre-hotted and nourish spam your way through it.
    Yes I agree with what you say on the plasma blast and that was probably a bad example to use, and I agree with you on the other part too, with 25 man raids you rarely are the only raid healer. I have just found it more useful to the raid in general to be able to keep this rejuvenation on as many people at one time as possible. If you do not agree, I guess we have different healing types?

Assign targets with your other raid healer(s) rather than thinking its all your job.
    I only trust 1-2 more healers in my guild in raids for ex. :P.
    I use the glyph myself and well... getting used to shorter duration and thats bout it - it comes handy in more situations than where having longer but bit weaker rejus would feel more comfy.
    Only real downside is I gotta recast it on rogues+ferals (whom I prio over other melees [rets excluded they dont need mana]) more often which makes it more mana expensive, but then again... I have quite sick regen anyway so its not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti
    I only trust 1-2 more healers in my guild in raids for ex. :P.
    I use the glyph myself and well... getting used to shorter duration and thats bout it - it comes handy in more situations than where having longer but bit weaker rejus would feel more comfy.
    Only real downside is I gotta recast it on rogues+ferals (whom I prio over other melees [rets excluded they dont need mana]) more often which makes it more mana expensive, but then again... I have quite sick regen anyway so its not an issue.
    I know what you mean, trust is hard some times, but its very necissary, I think a big part of the way I heal is to just make sure people stay alive, and then I "trust" the other healers to get to them and heal them up so long as I keep them alive.

reroll class dude.
    I think he actually brings up the same issue that I have. I dunno about you but twins or festergut don't put out enough single target raid damage (I mean, everyone takes damage but it's not a dramatic amount) without the glyph of rapid rejuv, I can ensure more people gets healed to full but not overhealed.. Worse case scenario they get healed short a bit but by then I'll put another rejuv on them.

Well this thread has completely be derailed from OP question and his question has already been answered.