Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Rotface, "Clever use of game mechanichs" ! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Zorbak
    I really miss not healing for a while and letting my mana regen in Molten Core, that sort of challenge has never been recaptured in my opinion.
    Yeah I miss that too, although between phase-changes on the Mimiron encounter you could actually get some decent mana regen in. God I miss Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughriot

I'm sorry, I don't post here terribly often, but... seriously? Only like... 3 people are going to slam this turd? I can't decide which would be more productive: Calling him out for being an obvious liar, or taking him seriously and slamming him for everything that would imply. I mean... seriously? "I quit a hardcore raid guild because it was too easy, and now I roam the world like Kane from "Kung Fu" trying to find out why people suck in lesser guilds, so that I can bring truth, justice, and purple pixelz to teh nubcakez!" Did you honestly think before you typed that? I mean... how many nights did you lie awake thinking "what's the single stupidest thing I could type on a forum about World of Warcraft" before you arrived at this... this gem? I mean... I'm honestly blown away that anyone, anywhere in the world, could have typed the quoted post with a straight face.

I'd really like for the kid I quoted to come back to this thread and tell me that I got trolled. Because I'll accept it if I did. I just... holy shit, man.... seriously? My biggest regret is that the quoted post is too big to go in my guild MotD, because I want everyone I play with to see it.

I lol'd god damn hard.

Quote Originally Posted by FightClub777
    You should never judge a book by it's cover.

I've got over 500 days played time, had some very nice World kills, and quit hardcore because it was too easy so i could pug things and find out exaclty why people suck so much in lower guilds.

Atm i quite enjoy the challenge of showing people how to play, but it will soon get tiresome. When i see some people's specs and glyphs, along with some attitudes like "we dont need flasks/food/buffs they hardly make any difference", it will make me go back to being in a good guild before long.

I've seen the whole game countless times over, got a combined exalted factions total of over 100 and have done some stuff that would literally make your eyes bleed (how about exalted wintersabre grinded in 22 hours in one sitting with no break for example )

I am more than qualified to say WotLK is faceroll, which is exaclty the reason i decided to stop, because clearing all content in one night then being bored for 6 days a week is crud.

If casuals cant see Arthas for a long time, it has nothing to do with them being casual. It is because they are bad.

Casual != bad/good

Thank you for listening

Wanne date me ?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by tjkiler

Wanne date me ?
    Post your pic and mail me your knickers and ill consider.
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbysteelz

Funny, that the guys post made you this furious over the interwebz.

To Fightclub - I understand what you are saying though. When my raiding guild I was in for years broke up, I said screw it and xferred to a random server where I knew nobody just to see what its like to be guildless and not have a raiding schedule or any type or form of commitment in0game.

I lasted about a week, and it sucked, then went back to raiding :P
    I don't think I got my point across properly. I don't doubt that people play WoW as much as this person does. I have a good friend IRL who's life mostly consists of work, sleep, and WoW. It's the "I pug to discover the truth about bads, so I can teach them to play better!" bit that just... well, in the immortal words of Ron Burgandy... "I'm not even mad! That's AMAZING!"
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    My point is getting 2k out of every class in blues and greens is not faceroll, while many people in this thread have argued Naxx was faceroll in blues and greens. Again I was very, very lax in my requirements for Thaddius. It is mathematically impossible for your entire raid to have 13 stacks of charged all the time, as this would require a raid of at least 28 players, and 0 grace period after a polarity switch. A more realistic minimum dps from each dpser would be closer to 2.5k. I honestly don't think most classes can pull 2.5k in quest reward gear.

Also if you kept your Sunwell gear all the way to 80 your dps usually went DOWN. The need to resocket the gear for hit/expertise/defense as well as the massively different conversion ratios for crit and haste pretty much ensures this. I cannot honestly say I remember what my dps was when I hit 80, but I doubt I had much (if any) leeway on 2.5k and I was wearing a mix of gear from T5 and T6 instances, most players were not that well geared at the end of TBC.
    Oh I realized your thadius math was just ballparking it, but I just figured I'd use your numbers. I do think most classes can pull 2.5k in wrath blues with maybe 1-2 greens. I can put my full BC raid gear right now with my thunderfury and shard of azzinoth (neither of which were viable during the bc raid period anyway, but whirlwinds and green elementals are fun) and break 3k effortlessly in a 25m (or 2k effortlessly in a heroic). And that gear set, especially because of the weapons, is going to be inferior to a full blue gear set with a green or two. The actual problem is that the people you refer to when you say people with blues and greens, are morons who failed the idiot check and do not know what they are doing.

As for keeping gear till 80 lowering dps, well technically. The catch is, patch 3.0 with new talents and glyphs raised dps. I agree that the new ranks of spells gained during wrath probably did not out weigh the loss of dps from the ratings scaling. The potential need to resocket is dumb to bring up though. Wrath green gems were better than BC epics, if you wanted to resocket then you could get even better gems for next to nothing.

I don't think I got my point across properly. I don't doubt that people play WoW as much as this person does. I have a good friend IRL who's life mostly consists of work, sleep, and WoW. It's the "I pug to discover the truth about bads, so I can teach them to play better!" bit that just... well, in the immortal words of Ron Burgandy... "I'm not even mad! That's AMAZING!"
    Ya know, you can talk TO me and not ABOUT me if you wish.

What's so hard to believe?

I have raided 4 years solid, i'm kinda bored of it and find most raids (with the odd few bosses as exceptions) totally boring. In any good guild, you walk in, faceroll, walk out, and wait for 6 days with zilch to do.

Is it so hard to believe that someone would find that so boring that he would stop and play casual and start to pug some stuff?

On my PuG adventures, im beginning to realise why some people think this game is hard. It's because they spec wrong, they glyph wrong, they do completely stupid wrong things, don't even know their class rotations etc etc and can't be bothered to use consumables.

On top of this after 1 wipe alot of people give up and then say how l33t they are and how crud the raid is, when they are actually pretty dam bad players themselves.

It's not like i set out to be Kane like you portray me, i just find myself telling people how to better themselves.

I AM getting fed up of it too, and once i've finished getting my 3rd alt to 80 and my 2nd alt has at least 5.5k gear score (./spit gs btw, but you need it to survive in PuG's these days), i will probably apply for another guild, perhaps even a previous guild i played in.

Is it really so hard to believe? :

The only thing that annoys me in your first reply, is that you just call me a liar and a troll. Otherwise i wouldn't of bothered replying to you.
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Sauveur
    Your kind simply don't belong in reputable boards.

in reputable boards.

reputable boards.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FightClub777
    Ya know, you can talk TO me and not ABOUT me if you wish.

What's so hard to believe?

I have raided 4 years solid, i'm kinda bored of it and find most raids (with the odd few bosses as exceptions) totally boring. In any good guild, you walk in, faceroll, walk out, and wait for 6 days with zilch to do.

Is it so hard to believe that someone would find that so boring that he would stop and play casual and start to pug some stuff?

On my PuG adventures, im beginning to realise why some people think this game is hard. It's because they spec wrong, they glyph wrong, they do completely stupid wrong things, don't even know their class rotations etc etc and can't be bothered to use consumables.

On top of this after 1 wipe alot of people give up and then say how l33t they are and how crud the raid is, when they are actually pretty dam bad players themselves.

It's not like i set out to be Kane like you portray me, i just find myself telling people how to better themselves.

I AM getting fed up of it too, and once i've finished getting my 3rd alt to 80 and my 2nd alt has at least 5.5k gear score (./spit gs btw, but you need it to survive in PuG's these days), i will probably apply for another guild, perhaps even a previous guild i played in.

Is it really so hard to believe? :

The only thing that annoys me in your first reply, is that you just call me a liar and a troll. Otherwise i wouldn't of bothered replying to you.
    No, it's not hard to believe that someone could play WoW as much as you claim to, and it's also not hard to believe that someone could get bored doing the hardcore thing and want to be casual. I was mostly boggling at the way you depicted yourself in that post. "Everything is so easy that I got bored and now I'm roaming around seeking to understand how bads can be so bad! I am traveling through the World of Warcraft, teaching people how to play their characters!" It's the height of arrogance, and that is the part that I was calling an obvious lie. I don't doubt that you play WoW 6+ hours a day (someone did the math on that already) and I don't doubt that you got bored with raids after awhile and became "more casual." Pretty sure I made that clear in my last post.

p.s. I also don't believe you spent 22 straight hours grinding out Wintersabre rep, but if you did... well, I wouldn't be bragging about it, if I were you.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

No, it's not hard to believe that someone could play WoW as much as you claim to, and it's also not hard to believe that someone could get bored doing the hardcore thing and want to be casual. I was mostly boggling at the way you depicted yourself in that post. "Everything is so easy that I got bored and now I'm roaming around seeking to understand how bads can be so bad! I am traveling through the World of Warcraft, teaching people how to play their characters!" It's the height of arrogance, and that is the part that I was calling an obvious lie. I don't doubt that you play WoW 6+ hours a day (someone did the math on that already) and I don't doubt that you got bored with raids after awhile and became "more casual." Pretty sure I made that clear in my last post.

p.s. I also don't believe you spent 22 straight hours grinding out Wintersabre rep, but if you did... well, I wouldn't be bragging about it, if I were you.
    I don't believe you

If people are going to claim that the game is too easy, I would at least like to see some armories.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

This is great. Someone just posts something random he found out and the whole thread turn out into a big e-peen contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol