Search and Destroy

The only thing that keeps me playing WoW during content gaps i.e. end of arena season/no WG is world PvP. Despite what people say, I find that if you kill enough questers doing dailies eventually real PvPers start to show up.

So my question is this: where do people go in the world these days? For months (years?) I could always find people at Dun Niffelem but in the past month or so there has been literally no one there the times that I've checked. Where do people go, so that I may find them and destroy them?

Re: Search and Destroy

Its really hard to world pvp now, since most people are in Icecrown. You cant kill people in the argent tournament grounds, and thats where most people are now for daily's. If you really wanted to world pvp, maybe you can head to the other factions major city with a friend and kill some guards and you will most likely have some people come and fight you.

As I am writting this, we are sitting at Tauren Mill killing the lowbies and NPC's, eventually alot of 80 will come and its a nice 5v5 or sometimes 10v10 match @ Tauren Mill.

However tonight we took 25 to Tauren Mill and encountered about 20 Horde, its great fun.

Then there is the old, run into org and kill the Auctioneers.

If you want 1v1, sit @ sons of hodir Daily zone, as there was alot of fights there (may be different now there is the rep system)

Quote Originally Posted by asway
    Its really hard to world pvp now, since most people are in Icecrown. You cant kill people in the argent tournament grounds, and thats where most people are now for daily's.
    Hence you go to the places where they have to do said dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by dotOrion
    Hence you go to the places where they have to do said dailies.
    You can pvp in the tournament grounds, I guess you can wait outside, but enjoy the wait.

Deleted

Searchiiiing...seek and destroy!

....sorry I had to.

Whenever I'm itching for some World PvP I usually head over to Stormwind with a few friends.

If no one felt like coming, I would head over to Storm Peaks and kill people in the Hodir daily area and see how many I can take on at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Damn i miss sunwell dailys...

But ya i usually keep world defense on and look to see if anyone is attacking TM or xroads. Then I somtimes just run around in major citys see if i can get some people to chase me into Tram place and kill em.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth
    As I am writting this, we are sitting at Tauren Mill killing the lowbies and NPC's, eventually alot of 80 will come and its a nice 5v5 or sometimes 10v10 match @ Tauren Mill.

However tonight we took 25 to Tauren Mill and encountered about 20 Horde, its great fun.

Then there is the old, run into org and kill the Auctioneers.

If you want 1v1, sit @ sons of hodir Daily zone, as there was alot of fights there (may be different now there is the rep system)
    Tarren Mill.. Not Tauren. Has nothing to do with the Tauren race

To world pvp, i'd go to the areas of Icecrown where players have to do their Argent Tournament daileys: The area just west of Argent Tournament, the area where Chillmaw resides etc. Otherwise, STV is still flooded with players
    <Stasis>, Ravencrest EU

Storm Peaks, at least on my server, has dried up completely. I've tried attacking cities, but that usually turns into my getting zerged and dying repeatedly. Thanks for the advice about Argent Tournament dailies. What are the most likely spots? I know you can't PvP on the grounds but someone mentioned the area west of the actual grounds. Are there any other areas like this that people must travel to to complete the daily?

sit at chillmaw, alot of people still do those dailies for seals and mounts etc

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth
    sit at chillmaw, alot of people still do those dailies for seals and mounts etc
    Gank them mid fight ^_^

15+ Year Old Account

Infront of ICC

I would love if they did that

Quote Originally Posted by asway
    You can pvp in the tournament grounds, I guess you can wait outside, but enjoy the wait.
    I meant: you can lurk around in Icecrown (Chillmaw, the Cultists grounds, Hrothgar Landing) or Storm Peaks (snobolds, worms).

But yeah, good luck with those as well. World PvP is just pretty hard to find nowadays, your best chance is still crowded areas, but that doesn't mean you have a good chance :P