Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: When to gem str/haste instead of str/crit

Going STR/Haste over STR/Crit likely won't occur for the majority of Paladins. This point will come at a high level and only if in possession of Bryntoll and TAIAJ due to the synergy of those two in conjunction with 2t10. Bryn/TAIAJ can proc one another and the procs off both of these are accounting for a fairly substantial amount of DPS, hence the importance. Unless I'm mistaken (and that's likely on this part), it also has to do with the way haste scales as opposed to crit scaling.

I'm not sure the DPS differential will even be huge. Really the only people who will care about this are those who truly min/max, ie not the average raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxicon
    Going STR/Haste over STR/Crit likely won't occur for the majority of Paladins. This point will come at a high level and only if in possession of Bryntoll and TAIAJ due to the synergy of those two in conjunction with 2t10. Bryn/TAIAJ can proc one another and the procs off both of these are accounting for a fairly substantial amount of DPS, hence the importance. Unless I'm mistaken (and that's likely on this part), it also has to do with the way haste scales as opposed to crit scaling.

I'm not sure the DPS differential will even be huge. Really the only people who will care about this are those who truly min/max, ie not the average raider.
    point on. I expect this possible gem change will be less than 5 DPS. The EJ link said to have 1, and only 1 str/haste gem and the other orange str/crit.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret
    Baddie? Maybe it's time for you walking failure to lift your face from the pile of shit you so much like and start thinking, but I'm afraid you don't possess the necessary prerequisites for that.
    No, he was right. There is a time where it's viable, it's just such a specific time that it's probably not worth looking too far in to. Especially with the inevitable nerf that TAiaJ will receive.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The problem with the EJ BiS thread is that it uses Rawr. Not that Rawr is a bad tool (I use it), but right now, it's unclear wether or not its modeling 2xt10 or haste properly.

To be honest, I like the thought of gemming for something different. It's likely I'll end up with the necessary items, and I'm a min/maxer. I got giddy about the thought of gemming str/crit just because it gets old sticking one gem in everything.