Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Resto Druids and Emblems of Frost!

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia
    I'm not sure why so many druids are wasting emblems on the shoulderpiece. If you want the 4set, the shoulders are the one slot you want to not buy. The shoulders off of 25man Princes are better than our tier shoulders. The one guy in this thread had it right with wanting to buy gloves & pants first for the two set as they're both haste pieces.
    The Reason I decided to get the shoulders is because I didn't want to get the chest piece, because you can get a better one from frost emblems at the dal vender instead.

I actually spent some frost emblems on saronite and made my http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49894.

I really enjoy the amount of haste I'm currently sporting, and because they look badass, I picked up the t10 shoulders first. However I'm not impressed or very inclined to go for the helm or chest due to the haste downgrade.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Levarburton
    Is my armory, any Ideas on what I should spend my Frost on next? =\

And is the 4p set bonus really worth going for?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Faromir
    aking 4pct9.245 for 4pct10.251 is worth it. I can't decide if losing the 4pc t9 bonus is worth gaining a few ilvls of stats and a weaker 4pc bonus. It seems that 4pc t10 is worth it at the 264 level but I never see anyone talking about what people who do 10mans should do.
    Currently using the 2pc t10 with 264 legs and chest i picked up. For fights with lots of AE damage like Putricide or Blood Queen I switch back to my 4pc T9. I haven't had the chance to test the 4pc t10 yet but I may grab my 4th piece this week.

Also the idol isn't that great. I don't plan on getting it until I have badges to spare. Whatever you end up taking don't be a tool and use badges on your main char to buy Saronite to make a little gold. Thats just fail for raiders and I see so many doing it.

I would strongly recommend against getting the idol first.

When fully stacked, the idol grants 256 spellpower. Compare this with the ilvl245 idol which grants 234 spellpower. The uptime on the 245 idol is nearly 100%, so in effect you're only getting an extra 22 spellpower for your badges. While this is an upgrade and something you should definitely eventually get, I would hold back until you've upgraded other items.

The cloak is an excellent cloak - especially when you consider just how rare decent cloaks are (I was stuck with a naxx cloak right up until just before ICC).

However - I, like others, have opted to smash out the 2piece bonus - 30% less reduction on WG? That's awesome and worth getting asap, so I strongly recommend getting the tier.

However, I do disagree with a lot of people about which pieces to get. I went for getting the shoulders and the helm first, and avoiding the gloves. This is because the gloves have a chance of dropping in VoA, whereas the helm, shoulders and chest do not - just run VoA every week as a classrun. If the gloves/legs drop, you've saved yourself some badges. If not, just buy them anyway and you've lost nothing.

The 2 piece is far from awesome and not worth getting asap. The two piece bonus is a very minor increase that does not scale with gear. It will increase the ticks of your WG by ~14 or so each (if I remember correctly) - if you have more precise values, feel free to correct me.

If you have at least the ilvl 245 t9 4piece, I'd consider the benefit from that to far outweigh the stat increase from 2piece t10 (unless you are able to upgrade those two pieces).

Feet. Blessed Cenarion Boots. Expensive at 115 Emblems of Frost and mats (and finding someone to make them). These have haste and spirit. Boots of the Mourning Widow from Faction Champions (a cloth piece) is only other spirit/haste feet available at i245+. Getting cloth and seeing ToGC are both limited for me so I went with this piece, which I consider BiS.

Cloak. Great cloak, but has crit. I prefer Shawl of Refreshing Winds from Beasts of Northrend and many progression guilds are still running ToC each week. If you only have 10 player content gear, Princes drops an mp5 haste cloak that may give you an option. Also, with Lady Deathwhisper dropping a haste/spirit cloak in 25s, anyone doing 25s can wait while using frost on other pieces.

How much is 4pc T9 worth? About 2-4%. Using a spreadsheet that calculated how much non-overheal healing was done with crit Rejuvenation ticks (and subtracting out what a non-crit would have healed for). I saw a 2.8% increase in overall healing done (6.7 million effective heals with Rejuv, 15.7m overall, 440k bonus from crits, 6.7% increase in rejuv-only healing -- Jan 17th 6 bosses in ICC 25).

2pc tier 10. A 30% reduction in Wild Growth's decay is about a 5% increase in pre-overheal healing from Wild Growth, which can be as much as 20-30% of healing on some fights/nights. 2pc t10 is an estimated 1-1.5% increase in overall healing. If we already have 4pc T9, adding a second piece of tier 10 could be an overall loss in healing done.

I tried to pick which tier piece not to get first. Choosing one of Chest, Helm, Shoulders allows dropping crit (or spirit) and gaining haste. Chests from emblems of Frost are good pieces; Princes on 10 and 25 drop a haste/spirit cloth chest. Shoulders drop from 10 Blood Queeen or 25 Princes and are both leather spell/spirit. Head choices are 10 Lady Deathwhisper dropping a cloth spirit/haste piece, or crit/haste boomkin tier piece.

I do not plan on replacing 4pc T9 until I can replace multiple pieces of tier-slot gear. I plan on going for 4pc T10 and using a non-tier piece in either chest or shoulders; choosing which will probably wait till after getting a non-tier 264 chest or shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    The 2 piece is far from awesome and not worth getting asap. The two piece bonus is a very minor increase that does not scale with gear. It will increase the ticks of your WG by ~14 or so each (if I remember correctly)
    With 2400sp (fully unbuffed) I calculated a +10 gain on each tick (stacking per tick). At full raid buffs (about 3800sp), was about +11 gain each tick. Here is table for raid buffed and a calculation for estimated 2pc heal per tick:

tick actual 2pc calculated + healing
    1 980 980 0
    2 942 953 11
    3 905 928 23
    4 868 902 34
    5 830 875 45
    6 793 849 56
    7 756 823 67
    6074 6310 236

You are right, this buff does not scale well with gear: at 2400 spell power, estimated 2pc bonus was 5.0%, with full raid buffs, estimated 2pc bonus was 3.9% gain in raw healing.

I'm sticking with 4pc t9 258 until the t10 4pc gets tested, so far i've heard that the rejuv proc from it will never go on a target who already has rejuv on them... so with 2 resto druids in the raid its basically 0% healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arria
    The Reason I decided to get the shoulders is because I didn't want to get the chest piece, because you can get a better one from frost emblems at the dal vender instead.
    Agreed. The shoulders dropped for us on our first princes kill, however after comparing the two I realised you're basically giving up 44 haste for spirit and crit if you take those + tier chest vs tier shoulders + EoF chest. Here's wowhead comparison:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=50171:51139;51135:50973

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    I'm sticking with 4pc t9 258 until the t10 4pc gets tested, so far i've heard that the rejuv proc from it will never go on a target who already has rejuv on them... so with 2 resto druids in the raid its basically 0% healing.
    Not at all.. if you run grid you wouldn't re-fresh the newly ticked rejuv and you have yourself a free GCD - perhaps multiple gcd's because each rejuv tick has a chance to proc a new one. If its anything like other procs on heal gear such as the trinks that adds up to 4% more healing power.

It was an easy decision process for me.

Go for the T10 shoulders then head, hands and legs. Then buy the emblem chest for the haste. That is the best combination IMO.

When you get 25man tokens upgrade shoulders and head first hoping for voa hands/leg drops.

Idol when you have spare badges. Avoid the emblem trinket.

Belt from 25man Putricide or buy the emblem cloth one if you cannot wait.

Avoid the emblem cloak and instead get the 25man Saurfang cloak with haste.

I have the Blessed Cenarion Boots from a few weeks back. I got alts to fund the saronite. Easy.

About to buy 4th piece of T10 this week (legs). I already have over 800 haste without the emblem chest, which will be the next purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Drelimar
    I opted to get the trinket first as I was upgrading from the 226 Sif's Remembrance. Once I hit 120 emblems again I picked up the shoulders/gloves at the same time. The idol is actually very lackluster when you compare the gain vs the 245 idol (gain of 22 spell power).

My suggestion would be to get the trinket as it is probably going to be your biggest upgrade unless you're wearing both heroic and non-heroic Solace from ToGC/ToC25.
    Pretty sure sifs is better than lunar dust

Quote Originally Posted by Arria
    Shoulders: http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=50715;51304

Chest: http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=50973;51139;51300

The heroic BP shoulders are an upgrade even over our heroic sanctified shoulders.. Sticking with my decision on this one.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions