10+ Year Old Account

Possible silly Enh Question

Decided to have a go at Enhancement for the 1st time since start of 3.0 and got all my armour etc - bought some gems and socketed them then thought, ahh nuts, bought 20 str gems by mistake instead of 40 ap gems.

Got told by a guildie that 20 str = 40 ap as long as your not wearing a shield on enh shammy - is this right?

Thats all

BTW, before anyone points it out, I know I'm a numpty for making this mistake...
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

Re: Possible silly Enh Question

http://www.wowwiki.com/Strength#Strength

I'd have gone with AGI gems over STR ... *shrugs*
    Having an optimistic attitude may not help reach your goals, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort...

15+ Year Old Account

1str=1AP for shamans
    its only the plate classes that differs for now (and dr00ds iirc) hit cap, exp cap, then gogo agi ^_^

I'm pretty sure str got nerfed to 1 ap for us enhance sham
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

A shield as enh shaman? Is your guildie retarded? Enh shamans dual wield 2.60 speed weapons. You want to stack atp not agi as enhancement as well.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ll&n=Jubeikiba

Great example of a smart enh shaman.

What the hell @ agi recommendations. Did I stroll into the wrong forums?

1 str = 1 AP. in TBC, we got 2 AP from str, which is probably the last time your guildie payed attention to enhancement mechanics. We only get 1AP now. It's a horrible stat for us.

1 Agi = 1 AP, ~.5 crit rating (physical only). Better, but not amazing.

If you're hit capped (14% spellhit before misery/improved faerie fire), expertise capped (26 expertise), you should be gemming Attack Power or Haste, not agility or strength. Whether AP or Haste gives you more dps depends entirely on your own gear, and is something you should simulate to find out for yourself.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

No. You should've gemmed straight up AP. Back before patch 3.0, Strength WAS the Enhancement Shaman's preferred stat. We received 2 ap from strength. But they got tired of itemizing armor that ONLY we would use, so they changed it so that we only received one point of melee AP per point of strength like rogues and hunters. Likewise, Shaman now also get 1 point of AP per point of Intellect through talents, much like hunters do, plus the 1 point of AP per agility. So Strength isn't an ENTIRELY wasted stat, but it's far from preferred as it offers you no other bonus. For instance, Agility also increased your crit chance, as well as dodge which can be useful in PvP, and intellect offers an increase in your mana pool as well as AP.

But, since a shaman does not receive any sort of 2:1 AP to Stat conversion ratio, it's most valuable to gem straight up AP since AP gems offer twice the AP than their agility counterparts do.

And that's about as much as I know. I've heard talk of gemming pure haste, but I can't offer you any insight into that - I haven't theory crafted that far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

And here goes a post of someone who obviously did not read the Enhancement FAQ. All your questions will be answered in that. But simply after hitting hit cap and exp cap you start gemming haste and AP and the only way to figure that is to sim up your gear to figure out the best for you. But i can tell this will probably be locked cause this info is in the FAQ.

10+ Year Old Account

I know I should of got ap jools, but by mistake i bought str jools - my own silly fault i know but i was asking a question to what a guildie told me - thats it.

Costly mistake me thinks - ill change to ap immediately.
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    No. You should've gemmed straight up AP. Back before patch 3.0, Strength WAS the Enhancement Shaman's preferred stat. We received 2 ap from strength. But they got tired of itemizing armor that ONLY we would use, so they changed it so that we only received one point of melee AP per point of strength like rogues and hunters. Likewise, Shaman now also get 1 point of AP per point of Intellect through talents, much like hunters do, plus the 1 point of AP per agility. So Strength isn't an ENTIRELY wasted stat, but it's far from preferred as it offers you no other bonus. For instance, Agility also increased your crit chance, as well as dodge which can be useful in PvP, and intellect offers an increase in your mana pool as well as AP.

But, since a shaman does not receive any sort of 2:1 AP to Stat conversion ratio, it's most valuable to gem straight up AP since AP gems offer twice the AP than their agility counterparts do.

And that's about as much as I know. I've heard talk of gemming pure haste, but I can't offer you any insight into that - I haven't theory crafted that far.
    As far as I remember they made absolutely no attempt to itemize non tier pieces that only we would use, which is why we were stuck with needing on rogue loot and the occasional mail piece ("hunter loot") that happened to be decent.

I made a similarish mistake on my enh, when I got my tier 9 and other similar leveled gear, I put in alot of agi gems as old enh buddy said "we are more hunter itemized now" and then I came here to learn most of my sockets are a mess. As it is a 1:1 ratio, even a kings booster shot doesn't make up the AP loss from having the pure ap gems.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

For enhance its best to stack straight AP gems, or if you cant get you hands on those go for agility.

It's my understanding that haste and AP are close together in terms of gems (so 2ap = 1 haste), both of which are much better than agility.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnadas
    It's my understanding that haste and AP are close together in terms of gems (so 2ap = 1 haste), both of which are much better than agility.
    Depends on what your aiming for, remember agility gives AP and crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronic_Moronic
    Crit doesn't do much for enh as we don't really have any major boosting on crit procs (like a feral druid or fire mage).
    We do have several abilities tied to crit. Flurry, Elemental Devastation and Elemental Focus. The reason we don't generally stack crit is we have a fair amount from talents, buffs/debuffs and from gear as it is which combined with the fact that all of our crit abilities have a duration (next 2 spells, next 10 seconds and next 3 attacks) means we don't need to get it particularly high to get a fairly high benefit from it. Look at flurry or elemental devastation up time in the simm.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lokigar
    Depends on what your aiming for, remember agility gives AP and crit.
    So what??? It gives MELEE crit and the current concern is about going over the melee crit cap so AGI is becoming a crap stat when it wasn't even a good stat to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronic_Moronic
    With the way enh mechaincs work out after you get to your caps you gem either haste or ap depending on where the rest of your gear is at.

Crit doesn't do much for enh as we don't really have any major boosting on crit procs (like a feral druid or fire mage).

We do have major boosting abilities on hits (malestorm weapon) so to a point making our weps hit faster does give us a nice boost. Once we get to the point where making them hit faster ins't a boost making them hit harder (or stacking ap) is better.
    And this is clueless too. We have numerous abilities that boost us due to crits, Flurry, Unleashed Rage & Elemental Devastation being the major ones. ie: 3 CORE abilities of the spec.

I've locked this clueless thread and regular users should have known not to bother commenting as the OP is just asking things that are all detailed in the FAQ.