Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: discipline priest underestimated in raids

Most ppl dont understand alot of things some examples on my characters

ppl dont realise resto druids can hot 15+ players in a 25 man raid
    some ppl dont realise feral druid cannot do aoe dps on a boss encounter once berserk is on cooldown
    some ppl dont realise boomkin is a fail spec
    some ppl dont realise that hunter have massive AOE with explosive trap and volley
    some ppl dont realise that feign death can somtimes not work if not specced into
    some ppl dont realise hunters carn't group up on the boss and dps (ie marrowwgar)
    some ppl dont realise prot pallies are the best tanks
    some ppl dont realise holy paladins are not raid healers
    some ppl dont realise paladin hand of sacrifice is a massive spell that is rarely used by the paladin population
    some ppl dont realise paladin 30/10 min buff to different spec/classes is very annoying

thats all i can think of atm but i cba

Any half decent raid will realise that a good disc priest makes an excellent addition. Those that don't suck.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

Dis priest ROCK, esp during surfang fight. ^_^

Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Quote Originally Posted by sadface
    Most ppl dont understand alot of things some examples on my characters

ppl dont realise resto druids can hot 15+ players in a 25 man raid
    some ppl dont realise feral druid cannot do aoe dps on a boss encounter once berserk is on cooldown
    some ppl dont realise boomkin is a fail spec
    some ppl dont realise that hunter have massive AOE with explosive trap and volley
    some ppl dont realise that feign death can somtimes not work if not specced into
    some ppl dont realise hunters carn't group up on the boss and dps (ie marrowwgar)
    some ppl dont realise prot pallies are the best tanks
    some ppl dont realise holy paladins are not raid healers
    some ppl dont realise paladin hand of sacrifice is a massive spell that is rarely used by the paladin population
    some ppl dont realise paladin 30/10 min buff to different spec/classes is very annoying

thats all i can think of atm but i cba
    TL;DR: I play paladin you suk.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

Shield grants effective ~7k hp on shielded target. Perfect for huge damage spikes like Icehowl's Massive Crash, or fixated players by Gas Cloud on Putricide, Festergut right before he casts Blight etc.

Preventing damage is always better solution than outhealing it, however knowing the encounter is very important, random bashing shield on whole raid is boring and not as effective. Discipline priests makes other healers job easier.

Power infusion on your guilds best casters, synergy with arcane mages (Incanter's absorption) and Pain Suppression make us at more than just a healer.

"There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

I won't raid without our guilds Disc Priest honestly. The damage we take is very noticeable without him, especially to the tanks. Holy Pally + Disc Priest = best 1-2 punch for single target healers.

Quote Originally Posted by mmff4
    TL;DR: I play paladin you suk.
    i outperform you in every single way possible without even seeing your characters and in real life to.

problem with skada is it basically gives you the full value of a shield each time you cast it, often the shield is just timed out if you are spamming the raid with them. For a conventional healer to compete with the numbers skada gives you'd have to combine overhealing and healing.

In the end meters are meters. They can be useful tools so see the resto shaman who is only pulling 2k HPS because he must be doing something wrong.

Maybe I'm just biased because I'm a druid and break 9k HPS on stinky......

(I'd kill for pain suppression though)
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

15+ Year Old Account

not this sh** again!

RecountGuessedAbsorbs is a downloadable AddOn from Curse.com and it allows you to show how much damage was absorbed from your Shields through Recount. So when that Resto Druid links his Recount and you're sitting last you can link your one million (or more) damage absorbed.