Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Computer Shutdown With WoW?

Everytime i start playing WoW, 10 minutes in i get a generic hosting win32 error and when i close it another popup comes up that says my computer will shut down in 60 seconds and that it was authorized by some NT Authority thing. Ive tried using Norton Antivirus and the Sasser and Blast worm removers but apparently i have no viruses. What is the problem? ireally want to get back to playing WoW

Re: Computer Shutdown With WoW?

NT Authority? Are you using Windows NT?

No im using Windows XP.

Try to find out more specific details about your problem (ie more specific than "some NT Authority thing") and then search around Google for it. Google's a wonderful thing and you can almost always find someone with the same problem as you.

Anyway it's definately not any type of malware if it ONLY happens when you're playing WoW. Perhaps your system can't handle WoW specs and a shutdown is some type of failsafe mechanism built into your system when you overwork it.

doesn't sound like your typical run-of-the-mill "my computer is dying" error either. no doubt there is an answer on google somewhere.

in the meantime, have you tried deleting your WTF, interface, and cache folder? (I could be a GM hehe) It sometimes works
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

15+ Year Old Account

Norton Antivirus is evil remove it!

no really norton can fuck your pc and games.(also it thinks everything is a virus...it tryed uninstalling some my damn harddrives b4 saying it was mailware or something...)
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

Its not Norton because i installed it AFTER this error kept happening. ive tried googling it but to no avail and have tried a lot of methods. It also doesnt only happen when i play WoW, it can happen at any time :/

What mods are you running?

The problem is likely hardware related. Try running another game and see if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenFear
    What mods are you running?
    No addon should crash WoW. If it does (unlikely to happen unintentionally), it's fixed pretty quickly.

It's an old Windows NT bug which also exists in other Windows Operating Systems.

Nothing to do with WoW. It's an M$ bug.

Go to Microsoft technical help, or google the exact phrase and you will find 1 million fixes for it.

Although why you didn't have the common sense to do that yourself is mind boggling.

Also LoL at the above clueless answers.
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

heres the exact thing it says

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

-This Shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM

Windows must now restart because the DCOM server process launcher service terminated unexpectedly.

Also im starting to think its not WoW, because i was just on the internet and it still crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by crikk23
    Norton Antivirus is evil remove it!

no really norton can fuck your pc and games.(also it thinks everything is a virus...it tryed uninstalling some my damn harddrives b4 saying it was mailware or something...)
    If deleting your WTF, Interface, and Cache folders doesn't work, I suggest trying to reïnstall WoW, also check if your drivers are up-to-date.

Providing some more details about the errors you are getting could also help.

He is right though, Norton is very evil, I've had bad experiences with it.

Edit: Seems like you just posted the details while I was typing this, and yes it looks very much like it has nothing to do with wow but theres a problem with your windows.(is your windows updated?)
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

Make a copy of your wtf and addons files, or rename them or move them somewhere out of the folder.
    Then run the Repair.exe that's in your wow folder.
    Try running wow with graphics on minimum and no programs launched.
    Problem still happening ? Try reinstalling.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894391

I just Google'd it and found literally 3610 pages discussing how to fix it. Not sure how you couldn't find them in Google. o.O

ive TRIED GOOGLING and ive seen all of those 3600 results. Ive tried at least 10 different methods and it just repeats the same thing over and over again. I still keep getting this error

15+ Year Old Account

you could take like 5 hours and re install your whole system
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/in...howtopic=33673

tried this? found it on google :P

warning, it may screw up your computer, do it with caution, and back everything up first
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by robina1
    ive TRIED GOOGLING and ive seen all of those 3600 results. Ive tried at least 10 different methods and it just repeats the same thing over and over again. I still keep getting this error
    Your either not Googling it right or doing it wrong then :P

ill try malwarebytes again even though ive used it before, hopefully it will work. Im not very computer savvy so i dont understand most of the things that are asked of me to do :/ but ive tried quite a lot of different methods and i still keep getting this shitty error >.<

I had something very similar happen to me several years back. Even reinstalling the OS didn't fix the problem, I'd just get the same thing again soon after I did anything that connected to the internet. Turned out to be a sasser-like worm that would just reinfect me when I went online again. (this was back before SP2 where Windows Firewall or w/e it was called in SP1 wasn't on by default). That was when I learned the importance of firewalls.

This isn't necessarily the same thing, but it's worth asking, you are using a firewall right?