Thread: Resto shaman S8

Deleted

Resto shaman S8

Hi,

Please forgive me that if you have met with this post at another forum (hydramist), I didn't want to write down the same twice...

So. Currently I gemming my gear this way:

blue: sta + sp or spen
    yellow: resi + sp
    red: sp

And i play resto as 2/5 + 2/5 + crit access / crit weapon + shield.

few ideas for new season:

Due to resillience change, I'm gonna ignore 2/5 + 2/5 and I'm gonna try full Mp5
    with Mp5 access as well, maybe i keep running with crit weapons.

Since the shamy's healing output is OK (or what u think!?) I'm gonna discontinue gemming my gear to SP and trying to gem INTELLECT (woooot?! :P ).

I know... It's some -- SP but lots of mana and a few % of crit. and with new 2.2k weap and 5/5 wrathful + access and proly (??) new trinket (WTB resi + SP trinket :P) I'm sure my SP will hit 3150+ (or 3250+) without gemming to SP [note my professions provide a lot: 2x 23 on rings and 47 from alchemy flask].and I think it's enough.

Notice that it's only an experimental gemming.
    (prolly for yellows: pure int, for blue: int + sta and 2spen for red: sp + int)
    And remember u get some SP from Nature's Blessing (its quite low but its more than nothing)

What you guys think ?

Beside my original post, I'm curious about what setup(s) do you recommend for a resto shaman[mostly I'm intrested in 3s] ?
    I allways stick at 2150+ (around 2300+ MMR), I've already tried wizzcleave(resto destro frost), MM ret resto (just a few matches) and RLS, I enjoyed the Wizzcleave mostly (most ppl claims it does not require any skillz, well from a shaman pov i absolutely disagre...)

I've never tried turtle (2x healer warri) cuz in my opinion that this setup should be a lil boring for a shaman [and not so skillful ] (confirm or disagree, I'm really curious)

I warmly welcome any advises and comments. Ty!

Re: Resto shaman S8

I would say go for Spellpower still, once everyone's gear starts catching up, the resilience change won't be as noticeable. You should go full Mp5 though, you'll want it for the mana wars.

So for red, go spellpower, for yellow, go spellpower/resilience, for blue, go spellpower/spellpen. You might need a pure spellpen gem in a blue socket too.

A shaman just won't benefit from Intellect in arena as much as they would with Spellpower. The full Mp5 set and offset plus Water Shield should be enough to manage your mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Agree with the above poster in that Int isn't really necessary enough to gem for, just because resil is being buffed doesn't stop you from being a resto shaman :P You'll still want Resil in those yellow sockets

A comp you can try for 3s is Shadowplay. Fun comp, great sustained damage and outlast potential even after the initial hero burst phase, during which many of your kills will be scored in. Long as you don't mind babysitting your spriest :P RLS is simply not that competitive anymore, and mm/ret/resto doesn't sound very fun at all =/ Your wiz comp isn't the usual, but it still sounds workable.

I hardly ever see double healer with a shaman, it's almost always Hpala/Disc/War. Rsham just doesn't have the survivability and the utility paladins have, nor the mana burns priests have.

You wont notice any difference =P If you usually end up on 2150 rating you'll end up there anyways with mp5 or not =P At least thats how it is for me. I just gem and gear whatever i feel like To see improvements you just have to become a better player =P

Deleted

Absolutely agree, I've never said that I'm a good player, I'm far for it, but at least i try to to be it

But you know my teamm8s was never atop 2.2k like me, we kinda "improving with each other" :P that doesn't mean that they are bad players, in my opinion they are very good just we can't really cooperate. I've learned a lot from them, maybe if they have played with some1 else they would be gladz now xD

Since they quit from WoW for an unknown period of time, i need to find new ones... But its not as easy :S

At my server (ragnaros EU, ally ) there are some good ally players but they play with each other for a long time, and hard to find skilled teamm8s from trade chat, maybe i should try at another server or at least faction change

Or... If some1 can advise me a good topic at whatever forum that can help me find arena team, pls do it

Cya.

I played SP,mage,resto for a bit last season and it was great fun and different from RLS and wizcleave.
    Also its a bit more status than playing wizcleave =P

What about all crit gems? crit=mana
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nazjatar&cn=S%C3%B3l

Quote Originally Posted by NAme0alt
    What about all crit gems? crit=mana
    The thing with crit is that it becomes very useless once you become focused and you end up running out of mana much, much faster than you would with Mp5. Going with Spellpower would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!