Thread: Geming for ArP?

Geming for ArP?

Hey guys, sry for bothering but:
    1 week ago i started playing as markmanship and was asking my self , should i start gemming for ArP? Also one more thing, since auto-shots are so important to mm hunters can someone give me link to an addon that tracks auto-shots timers and (optional ) addon that shows me which proc`s are active!
    Ty all

To (Kungen) : Can i join your guild?
    Kungen (whispers) : Why?
    To (Kungen) :I R PRO
    Kungen (whispers) : OFC! Accept the invite

Re: Geming for ArP?

To (Kungen) : Can i join your guild?
    Kungen (whispers) : Why?
    To (Kungen) :I R PRO
    Kungen (whispers) : OFC! Accept the invite

Stick with agi for now, your amount passive arp is not enough to go arp yet.
    For tracking autoshots I use aZcastbar, you can modify the size of the autoshot castbar which is quite nice.

Btw, get rid of that rediculous cloak you''re wearing, expertise is for melee and you''re already overhitcapped which makes the hit on it useless also.

Classtimers can track procs for you, Quartz can also track your swing timer.

At what point should a hunter start gemming for ArP? As far as I understood you should go for being capped with ArP from gear + an ArP procc trinket.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

No, stick with agi until you hit 800-900 and even then is arguable, but...

PLEASE GET RID OF THAT CLOAK :'(

Tho the cloak should be replaced asap, I do get they choice... good huntercloaks can be hard to obtain. And getting the frost badge cloak is a good option, but this cloak offers, great agi, great ap, great hit, so saving the badges for another slot (T10 p.e).
    Using this in the meantime isn't such a horrible choice.

Deleted

Tauren Hunters, I'll never understand them, even a belf has something usefull to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Komati
    At what point should a hunter start gemming for ArP? As far as I understood you should go for being capped with ArP from gear + an ArP procc trinket.
    You need to have the gear to support gemming arm pen. ToGC 25 and ICC 25 gear is probably what you should be aiming for.

Arm pen: Gemming for it before 800ish will probably result in a decrease. I gemmed for arm pen when I got 820 passive arm pen and it is only a minimal increase in dps.

Also you have made a bad decision in dropping your 2 piece t9 bonus, althought the piece you got to replace them are stat upgrades the lose from the set bonus is too much to bother switching to higher level gear. Since you go the helm and the chest for t10 I suppose you will have to get pants and gloves or shoulders.

15+ Year Old Account

It's not important what you have before you gem, the important part is what you get AFTER you gem.
    1200 sounds about right if you want to see a reasonable increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    It's not important what you have before you gem, the important part is what you get AFTER you gem.
    1200 sounds about right if you want to see a reasonable increase.
    You're too low on that estimate. 1300 after gemming is a good spot to be. Essentially you shouldn't be gemming ArP without a DBW.

I assume you have been raiding Togc, right? Then you should really think about getting that 2p T9 bonus back on!

In short gem ArP after 800-900 passive ArP

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kharn
    You're too low on that estimate. 1300 after gemming is a good spot to be. Essentially you shouldn't be gemming ArP without a DBW.
    1200 is fine, at 1300 you're essentially hard capped with food and elixir

Hardcap is 1400

1400-trinket proc = what u least should have before geming
    Take NeS f.ex., think u need 722 ArP befor geming. But yes, the more, the better. Above 800 is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by centrius
    Hardcap is 1400

1400-trinket proc = what u least should have before geming
    Take NeS f.ex., think u need 722 ArP befor geming. But yes, the more, the better. Above 800 is nice.
    Well now you've conflated two separate methods of handling ArP. Following your advice using my current number of sockets and 722 baseline ArP I end up with: 722+(14*20)=1002 ArP. Throw in the trinket proc off of NEC and this happens: 1002+678=1680ArP. That means that I waste 280 ArP when the trinket procs by following your advice.

To simplify. Either hit whatever amount of ArP brings you to hard cap when a trinket procs OR have a high enough amount of ArP that gemming will bring you near enough the cap that some combination of food, elixir, or DBW(or other passive arp boosting trinket should another good one arise) will have you hit the cap. Do not try and do both at the same time because it makes you look silly and wastes potential stats that could be used in other ways.