Can anybody help me?

I am torn between picking up engineering for my rogue and staying with alchemy.The only reason i picked up herb/alchemy was for the heal you get with herb.I had it on my lock and it wasnt amazing but it helped especially with life tap.I dont mind the gathering part of either profession.Any suggestions? im only level 18 with my rogue so changing now would be less painful.Thx in advance and any help is appreciated.

Re: Can anybody help me?

Engineering rocks balls and alchemy sucks .. yeah, so yeah the advice is: Go engineering!

Don't expect to make money with engineering. In fact, you should probably expect to lose money if anything. However, it's amazing fun, great for PvP (well BGs at least), and really nice for those moments where for some reason you really need a portable bank!

Herbs is a decent money maker, but won't really help you end-game. PvP-wise the heal is ok, but it's pretty weak really, and that's its only benefit.

If you want money, go JC or mining imo.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Deleted

I'd suggest you go with 2 gathering professions for leveling and then changing to 2 crafting professions when you hit 80. If you get mining and herb atm (the heal and sta bonuses are quite nice for leveling, especially for a non-hybrid class). With the herbs you gather you can easily level up either alchemy or inscription and with the ores either bs, jc or engineering and you'd still have a ton of stuff left over to sell.

Engineering = AH in dala = win
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

imo keep alcy/herb till your alcy is at max then drop herbing for engi, you'll make some decent coin from alcy xmutes at 450 and engi will allow you to have alot more toys to play with if you like having plenty of backup plans and will give you the ability to suck up gas clouds for motes/crystalised fire/water/air.
    sig too big

10+ Year Old Account

I dumped enchanting with loads of vanilla and TBC rare formulas, on my raiding main, for engineering and i dont regret it one bit.

Its good fun and theres loads of toys

Also its a good profession to use levelling with some useful stuff to give you the edge on more difficult group quests.

At end game the enhancements are pretty competitive with all the other professions if not better then most.

Has a mage the hydrospeed accelerators are the best hand enchantment, the 24 crit on the feet is also better then icewalker if you dont need the hit, and the spellpower on back also beats the haste enchantment.

Pvp wise theres also loads of stuff to guarantee some extra fun on BGs, like the rocket boots and hand mounted rocket.

theres also belt enhancements that stack with the prismatic slot, not to mention the mounts, pets, a portal to most Northrend areas, a portable mail box, AH in Dalaran and of course your personal butler Jeeves

All in all it its a great profession, it wont get you rich but its great fun
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

I agree with Krutsik, you should go with 2 gathering professions your toon is only level 18. I suggest you keep the Herbalism and pick up Mining with those 2 and a couple of addons you can make a ton of money. Then when you hit 80 you can pick up what ever profession that you want. The addons I was referring to are Gatherer and Routes.

Alchemy sucks. Get Engineering.

If you wanna get RICH get alchemy. If you wanna have fun pick engineering

I want to thank everybody for the helpful comments.It has greatly helped my decision.