Gold from Leatherworking

Whats a good way to make gold from LW other then simply posting in trade? I dont have any ICC patterns and have maybe half from TOC. I'm hoping for an item to make where mats are usually cheap.

Re: Gold from Leatherworking

The leg armor patches?

it's not a substantial amount and it depends on the price of borean leather. on my server a stack of borean goes for 16-20g. Buy 3, make 10 heavy borean, buy an arctic fur. they go for around 70g on my server right now so make enough for 2 arctic furs, find a frozen orb and 2 dragonscales, and make icescale leg armor. That sells for around 170g at a good time on my server. Again not a lot of profit but some.

Like any crafting profession, gold potential is limited to the prices of mats on your server.

Leg armor kits, the ilvl 200 cloaks, converting borean leather to heavy borean leather, the new drums, they are all possibilities, depending on your local AH market. You just have to watch the AH for cheap mats that give you a good profit ratio on the crafted items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel
    Long story short, my voidwalker is borderline retarded.

'Crafting everything - 10g with your mats' destroyed the market of wow.
    If this sort of shit stopped and undercutting stopped to maintain a price on items, wow would be a lot better for making money, and everyone would be happy.
    If an item is in demand and everyone sells the items for (eg.) 300g, people will buy the item for 300g, regardless of how many people are crafting and selling the item.
    It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsin
    If this sort of shit stopped and undercutting stopped to maintain a price on items, wow would be a lot better for making money, and everyone would be happy.
    You honestly want undercutting to stop? It's how things get sold. Your items could be on the AH for a week if you just kept it at the same price as everyone else because people will then just buy the first one they see. Undercutting by 1 copper = win.
    'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

Ok thanks, I'm leveling alchemy so I'll focus on making gold through that. Arctic fur are 100g on my server so I don't see that ever working.

I can farm a stack of heavy borean in about 20 minutes on my enhance shaman. Trade the heavy for an arctic fur. I wish I could sell the fur for 100g. It's stuck at 40-50g on my server.

Now, if this isn't backwards, Frostweave cloth goes for 15g a stack. Go figure. Must be more tailors than LW's on my server.

If an item is in demand and everyone sells the items for (eg.) 300g, people will buy the item for 300g, regardless of how many people are crafting and selling the item.
    It's not rocket science.
    All this would do is make me even more stupidly rich. Just watch ah prices and make whatever you can from crafted epics. Also the leg enchants are worth it just dont flood the market. There is no way to make stupid amounts in 1/2 days its just a little top up every now and then. JC is the way to go in my opinion, enchanting before random heroics. Just take your time

Quote Originally Posted by ottermann
    I can farm a stack of heavy borean in about 20 minutes on my enhance shaman. Trade the heavy for an arctic fur. I wish I could sell the fur for 100g. It's stuck at 40-50g on my server.

Now, if this isn't backwards, Frostweave cloth goes for 15g a stack. Go figure. Must be more tailors than LW's on my server.
    On my server a stack of heavy sells for 140g and arctic fur 50g. Where do you farm? I'm yet to find a spot.

I'm dropping LW for alchemy/jc. Thanks again for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttam
    On my server a stack of heavy sells for 140g and arctic fur 50g. Where do you farm? I'm yet to find a spot.
    Storm peaks top right above the horde camp or near nessingwary camp in SB. Prices for arctic furs gone up since you can swap hbl for it gone from 50g to around 75g-110g its rather strange

It's not rocket science.
    It's not rocket science, but it is economics. You clearly have no idea how economics works, or choose to ignore the facts. If I someone else posts an item for 300g, and I then post it for 300g, why should someone choose mine over theirs? I'm in it for a profit (as is most everybody) and the way that I ensure MY product is chosen over somebody else's exact same product is by undercutting it.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

its demand and supply.. if the supply increase you need to lower your prices for it to be sell. Unless if 5 player is selling same item for 250g and you still want to sell yours for 300g, just go and hang your self.

There are lots of tips and effective guides available that you can use..
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

Quote Originally Posted by Ttam
    Anywhere in Shalozar is good, but near Nessingwarys camp is best. Lots of beasties, plus, lots of non-skinners quest-killing mobs. Free skins are the best skins.
    The area of Borean Tundra where Lunchbox roams, that has a lot of rhinos is another good spot. about 50/50 leather to scraps, but fur rate is same, and they spawn fast.
    Storm Peaks, near the cave east of Broomhilda village. All the mammoths running about and worms are good as well.
    If SB is being farmed, check BT, then SP....all are good spots.