15+ Year Old Account

New to 80 question

I know that arcane is the highest dps/dmg spec but requires the gear to be able to spec that way. When I hit 80 tomorrow & start to raid, should I go FFB or Fire to start out. Also when should I switch to arcane?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: New to 80 question

You don't need that much gear to raid as Arcane, but you may have to adjust your cycle to be more mana efficient (i.e. AB3AM or AB4AM) until you get gear. You will get gear super fast these days, especially if you are raiding.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    I know that arcane is the highest dps/dmg spec but requires the gear to be able to spec that way. When I hit 80 tomorrow & start to raid, should I go FFB or Fire to start out. Also when should I switch to arcane?
    Be wary because Fire needs a crap-load of Hit to be able to function properly.
    I suggest going into arcane immediately.

10+ Year Old Account

I actually find it harder to manage mana the better my gear gets. At a very low level (I had about 350 haste when I specced arcane) you barely use any mana whatsoever, while your mana isn't as bad in comparison. Just spec arcane and see for yourself whether to go for a 3AB1AM or 4AB1AM rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

15+ Year Old Account

I should add that come Monday's CD, I'll have a crap load of crafted gear for my mage. I've made/in the process of making all the TOC & Ulduar gear which will have my last piece made on Monday, the deathchill cloak, and the JC neck/ring. I have no clue what my mana pool will be with all that on or haste/crit. I do know that my trinkets and weapon will suck ass which is why I'm going to farm the hell out of the ICC 5 mans and TOC. Keeping that in mind refer to my first post.