Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Power Infusion Macro

    Just want one that casts it on myself without de-targeting my tank (or whoever). I'm inept at macro design and wowwiki can't just have a macro that casts a single spell and fulfills a single purpose. Their stock in trade is all in-one macros with a dozen modifiers and conditions to be met, with the end purpose being to have every single spell in your book bound to a single key.

    Please. Help me. I just want a simple little macro. Is that so much to ask for?
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

  2. #2

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    I'm pretty sure the macro would be /cast [tar=self] Power Infusion.
    If not you could do the simple one

    /tar (your name)
    /cast Power Infusion
    /tar (tank's name)
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

  3. #3

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    /cast [target=self] Power Infusion

    OR

    /tar *name*
    /cast Power Infusion
    /targetlasttarget


    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

  4. #4

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    /cast [target=yourname] Power infusion

  5. #5

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by Elanale
    Just want one that casts it on myself without de-targeting my tank (or whoever). I'm inept at macro design and wowwiki can't just have a macro that casts a single spell and fulfills a single purpose. Their stock in trade is all in-one macros with a dozen modifiers and conditions to be met, with the end purpose being to have every single spell in your book bound to a single key.

    Please. Help me. I just want a simple little macro. Is that so much to ask for?
    Heh, i find this with alot of things in life.

    Great tutorials that show you how to do everything complex, but completely fail to describe the simple basic things.

    Microsoft are notorious for this.

    I once tried to find how to access Windows Defender, since i couldnt find it on the menu system. I got shown how to do everything with it. All except how to get it open for me to access in the first place.

    It's a sign of our times
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts* :-*

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    /cast [target=yourname] Power infusion
    /cast [@player] Power Infusion
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  7. #7

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by luthe
    /cast [target=self] Power Infusion

    OR

    /tar *name*
    /cast Power Infusion
    /targetlasttarget
    Must've been a typo when I tried the second one the first time, because when I tried it again after you posted it, out of sheer desperation, we had a winner. Thanks!
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

  8. #8

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    The easiest way to do this would be to just set on your combat interface auto-self cast, but if you wont want to do that I would suggest:

    #showtooltip Power Infusion
    /cast [target=YOURNAMEHERE] Power Infusion

    Showtooltip makes it so that you can read the tooltip and it takes on the text of the actual ability. I prefer to use this along with a space in the title name and the question mark icon so that it is an exact copy of the actual ability.

  9. #9

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance
    The easiest way to do this would be to just set on your combat interface auto-self cast, but if you wont want to do that I would suggest:

    #showtooltip Power Infusion
    /cast [target=YOURNAMEHERE] Power Infusion

    Showtooltip makes it so that you can read the tooltip and it takes on the text of the actual ability. I prefer to use this along with a space in the title name and the question mark icon so that it is an exact copy of the actual ability.
    plus is shows the CD, as well
    -Made by cazy

  10. #10
    Epic! Valanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    If you waste PI on a healer you're bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

  11. #11
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,340

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    If you waste PI on a healer you're bad.
    should be going to an elemental shaman, moonkin, or arcane mage...

  12. #12

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    If you waste PI on a healer you're bad.
    I know right. God forbid you, as a healer, realized the tank was about to take extra damage and you cast PI on yourself in order to heal through it. Bad healer for being proactive and keeping people alive.

  13. #13
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,340

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaak
    I know right. God forbid you, as a healer, realized the tank was about to take extra damage and you cast PI on yourself in order to heal through it. Bad healer for being proactive and keeping people alive.
    should of casted PS on the task not PI on your self, if the tank can't hold threat with PS on him then he sucks..

  14. #14

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Now, seeing how this Thread is still going and how the OP's question was solved I have a question myself
    as a healer I tried to do a macro that would cast my judgements (yeye I know pala but w/e) on the Tanks target
    and since the tank is my focus it would be a simple focustarget attack but I somehow cant manage to switch back to my previous target
    any suggestions ?

  15. #15

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    This is what I use :

    /target NAMEOFTARGET
    /cast Power Infusion
    /script SendChatMessage("Enjoy your Power Infusion", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("target"));
    /targetlasttarget
    Click it once and continuewhatver you were doing. I set NAMEOFTARGET manually.

  16. #16

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by muto
    should of casted PS on the task not PI on your self, if the tank can't hold threat with PS on him then he sucks..
    I didn't know I could spec for PS at level 43.

    I'll get right on that.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

  17. #17

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruxx9949
    I would use an assist macro for that. something like this if you have your tank focused

    /assist %f
    /cast Judgments
    /target %f

    pretty basic but I think thats what your looking for
    Well, I tried /target whatever makros but it simply doesn't switch my target back
    it looks something like this



    I also tried something like this
    /cast [target=focustarget] Judgement of Light
    /targettarget
    but still no re targeting

  18. #18

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by muto
    should be going to an elemental shaman, moonkin, or arcane mage...
    It's completely situational. If you have masses of surplus healing in your setup, sure it should go to a DPS. If you're running with a non-ideal healing setup then PI on yourself or the other healer may be optimal at the critical moment.

    If you're bringing enough healers that PI should always go to a dps then you're bad and you're bringing too many healers.

  19. #19

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kruxx9949
    /target self
    /cast Power Infusion
    /target %f

    Macro 2:
    /target %f
    /cast Power Infusion
    I don't think those macros are very flexible since it will change your target. if I'm tankhealing in a raid (haven't done much of that in lk but I did it alot in bc) I have mouseovermacros and focusmacro, but neither changes the target I currently have.
    macro2 should just have
    #showtooltip Power Infusion
    /cast [@focus, exists] [] Power Infusion
    (if there is no focus target it will PI the current target instead)

    that way the targeting just won't change and you can go on without a care in the world.

    having one tank focused lets a mouseovermacro that defaults to the target if there's noone "under" your mouse and having a modifier to target your focustarget lets you easily target all three tanks no matter if they're marked in some interface or even near eachother on the raidui.

  20. #20

    Re: Power Infusion Macro

    Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    It's completely situational. If you have masses of surplus healing in your setup, sure it should go to a DPS. If you're running with a non-ideal healing setup then PI on yourself or the other healer may be optimal at the critical moment.

    If you're bringing enough healers that PI should always go to a dps then you're bad and you're bringing too many healers.
    I think saving PI for yourself at level 43 in a ZF run where the only non-puged person is the tank is probably most prudent. I don't trust PUG dps in 5 man to use it properly, nor should anyone else.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •