Thread: LW 340-350

LW 340-350

i'm working on my third LW now, and again i've hit 340 and everything skyrockets. is there any decent way that doesn't involve damn fel scales? they're a pain in the arse to farm and never at the AH. once i get 350 i'm set for borean stuff but jesus....these last 10 points are always a killer

Re: LW 340-350

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...de.html#Master
    "340-350
    If you don't have to that much Fel Scales, you can make [Thick Draenic Vest] up to 345 or 350 if you can't find any Fel Scales in the AH at all. "

Can't understand why you're making a third LW, but... each to their own, I suppose.
    Ever thought about owning a char with each profession so you don't have to rely on anyone else?

i have every single prof at 450 for that exact reason. but i have all 10 classes at 80, and a couple didn't have profs at all so i'm giving my DK LW (purely because there was no way i was levelling another damn ore related profession after doing Jc, eng, and BS all in a row to 450)

Fair enough
    Agree on the ore-based proffs... nothing more annoying imo!
    Skinning is always something I liked, just because it's easy as hell to lvl without thinking about it and, as my main is a LW, it's always good to keep the supply of mats flowing in without having to to mindless farming at 4am.

That info good for you though?

mm...maybe. i'll have to check the prices on AH when i get home. cuz it's one of my lesser geared chars it's not much of a "oneshot" thing so farming leather is a pain in the arse on it. i just blitzed skinning to 410 so i could do the rest in heroics (i like that the hc limit is 405 and 410 for bosses ^^) but i remember the 340-350 problem last time, trying to farm fel scales and giving up after an hour of getting 1. annoying thing is i have about 300 clefthoof leather but from what i can remember they're used in pretty high class recipes that need a lot of primals etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsin
    Fair enough
    Agree on the ore-based proffs... nothing more annoying imo!
    Leveling ore based profs might be annoying. However, for alternatives, I can see the benefits of having 3 alchys vs 1 (more daily transmutes or a mix of trans/elixir mastery) or even the benefits of multiple tailors (more specialty cloth). The advantage of having multiple LWs eludes me.

because of the OP wrist enchants? i'm not after money in any sense, i'm not a poor person. every prof is just there to benefit the char. and yeah the ore based ones would benefit a DK more but as i said, ain't doing that again.

i've got 2 alc's (1 transmute 1 elixir) and i know a pot master

Fel Scales are easy. Especially for an 80.
    Go up into the hills bordering Hellfire and Terorkar, (forget the name, but there was a daily there), and kill. I remember getting a lot of scales there.

If your DK is a skinner, you can chain pull mobs and just kill kill kill kill kill kill.....

It's been a while since I've done it, but, I think I was getting a stack about every 15-20 minutes on my Enhance Shaman at lvl 70.