Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fury Is Good in PvP! What... you play it?

Man I love it. I love the damage from it, but it's all negligible for the most part against healers. The damage output is a bit bursty, but you go out of rage quickly, so you have to watch it more than arms, the main weakness (aside from every freakin damage cooldown causing you to take up to 30% extra damage total) is the "mortal strike" effect. The proc on it is horrible. I was hitting this priest got her to 3k health and then she desperate prayers for 12k. I look at her debuffs after 30 seconds of fighting I only have 1 stack of furious attacks. :|

Aside from that though it's as good as arms. Gotta have a weapon chain or at least a shield with titanium plating. For the most part you can tell when a warrior or rogue is going to disarm you. At least on my battlegroup. (Shadowbad) So it's like"I sense a dismantle coming in. -NINJA SHIELD CHAINBLARG-" something or other and then you're all good. To be perfectly honest though. It is a bit harder than arms. Requires more rage management. You have to use your intercept/heroic fury for stuns more than gap closing half the time. Not being able to use charge in combat is a kick in the di(k. Fighting anything that goes "Dodge. Dodge. Parry. Dodge. Dodge. Parry. Dodge." Is ANNOYING AS HELL! But everything is manageable just requires a bit of tweaking, a lot of patience and...oh god who am I kidding. Blizzard needs to buff the mortal strike proc. T_T Someone please.. tell blizzard to help fury.. I... I can't go on like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1MG-5BBvg <- Points out the epicness of fury with one of the worst spec choices ever but.. totally. It's the epic.

Re: Fury Is Good in PvP! What... you play it?

Spec
    Arms
    if
    Fury
    doesn't
    work.
    Or failing that go lolprot. Be happy you have 2 functioning specs. Or even one.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Spec
    Arms
    if
    Fury
    doesn't
    work.
    Or failing that go lolprot. Be happy you have 2 functioning specs. Or even one.
    Just me or are you actually QQ'ing slightly about rogues in pvp?.

Quote Originally Posted by Englisch
    Just me or are you actually QQ'ing slightly about rogues in pvp?.
    I think he's just saying in general.

I hope...

Both
    Although in this case I'm not trying to imply rogues being bad/too weak in pvp. I'm just complaining that our specs are fucked up.

Nah that was just a little bit of QQ. I honestly love fury pvp. Plus what kind of guy just stops playing a spec because another one is better. They're both capable, just.. one(fury) requires more attention than the other. But the thing I have an issue with is just like.. think of your wound poison not proccing. It'd be huge if it didn't. That's how it is for mee. Sometimes it procs, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, you notice it. :d

You mean like rogue in tbc?
    No, they are not both "cabable". Arms is overpowered as hell, fury is barely, if at all viable.

You do realize K4ge is right... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

15+ Year Old Account

You mean like rogue in tbc?
    No, they are not both "cabable". Arms is overpowered as hell, fury is barely, if at all viable.
    Atleast it's decent compared to a few other classes who don't have 2 OP or even viable specs, like Warrior has.

Like?
    Every class has one viable spec as of now. Actually most classes have more than one and fury definitly does not count.

15+ Year Old Account

Like?
    Every class has oneviable spec as of now. Actually most classes have more than one and fury definitly does not count.
    I said 2. Arms is overpowered as hell, Prot is ridiculous, and even Fury is decent compared to other speccs (But yes, it's still crap.)

I'm not saying it's good, and I know you weren't QQing about Fury, but anyone who DOES QQ about Fury at the moment, is dumb.

Anyway, I agree with you about anything you said so far in this topic, I just added my own thought.

Go arms.
    No QQ, just go arms.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

I'll enjoy this conversation. As a warrior I fully agree that prot is overpowered. As is ALL tanking trees for all classes that can tank. Feral is stupid strong, prot/ret is stupid strong, and so is prot warrior. But I fail to see how ARMS is overpowered. Especially coming from a rogue and druid. Two classes that easily can destroy a warrior. So Enlighten me.

No, frost DK tanks aren't nearly as strong in pvp as unholy dps counterparts(sans cleansing totems).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

I don't consider dks tanks. They're pretty bad at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krultek
    Why not?

1) The Death Knight is a class with a defensive role (tank) made to reduce/avoid/take incoming damage.

2) Death Knights can't use shields.

Two brilliant ideas put together to make a premium quality tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

15+ Year Old Account

I'll enjoy this conversation. As a warrior I fully agree that prot is overpowered. As is ALL tanking trees for all classes that can tank. Feral is stupid strong, prot/ret is stupid strong, and so is prot warrior. But I fail to see how ARMS is overpowered. Especially coming from a rogue and druid. Two classes that easily can destroy a warrior. So Enlighten me.
    Feral PvP has absolutely nothing to do with the tanking tree, and if you can't see why Arms Warriors are so ridiculous OP, you haven't met a good one with a healer on his arse 24/7. (Which can be because of several reasons, but let's not get into that here. :)

Well it requires more skill than a fury warrior at least.

@ balduvian: sorry, misunderstood you

@ krultek: let's see: Extremely high damage against everything, shitloads of HP, good defensive cds, insane mobility, ms, MORE ms (only class with 75%) and skillstorm.

Lol Exonin
    TANKING as a dk requiring more skill than fury. I had took take a good hour to finish laughing at that.

Feral is a tanking tree for the most part. Yes it's damage too, but PROT for paladins is a tanking tree that does damage, and same for prot paladins. I don't know how you're failing to see the logic Bal. Also Any fucking class that gets a healer on it the whole is hard to kill. /pat I'm sorry if people don't heal you, but yea.. That's the way it is.

K4ge
    Coming from a rogue standpoint.. you have stuns and dismantle. Are you not able to shut a warrior down? If not you must be terrible. The best rogues on our server flawless the best warriors, if not damn near win with 80% health left. I'm talking 2.7k rated warriors too, not some crappy run of the mill charge bladestorm warrior. You disarm a warrior and bam you stop his damage. You root a warrior, you stop his damage. He doesn't have cloak or vanish to get out of crap like that. Just a trinket and bladestorm and roflmaonoob if he uses bladestorm to get out of a root. The only class that does not have "insane mobility" atm would be a death knight.
    Druids can shift out of any slow/root.
    Rogues can cloak/vanish out of any root as well as sprint at 100% speed.. MOUNTED SPEED for 30 seconds if they wanted to[including prep].
    Paladins have Blessing of Freedom and bubble.
    Shamans can't be caught up to if they ghost wolf/earthbind without charge, death grip, etc and don't even get me started on if they're enhance.
    Mages are able to blink out of any stun/root they also have iceblock.
    Priests have fade/dispersion.
    Warlocks.. well I guess warlocks would get grouped up with dks.
    Hunters have nearly every ability mentioned here depending on their faction/pet along with disengage/deterrance
    Am I missing something?

It's just hilarious that a rogue in this patch could call anything op. My roommate is a rogue and he picked up another class because he doesn't like that his skill set has been reduced to simply mutilate and envenom. You barely need to stun with the damage it puts out. Grats man, you're pro.

Also the MS only counts as 75% on a healer. Because Mortal Strike reduces healing recieved, Unrelenting Assault is on damage/healing done. Not many fights where you're focusing solely on the healer. Unless you're running TSG in which case you don't have to care much.

So your reasons are invalid. You can't say that a class is op because it has the same tools as everyone else or one more than everyone else, just does it better. OR that it's OP because it's a monster once a healer gets behind it. Kill yourself a healer and its game over.

Case in point: http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/5...1510050314.jpg
    ^ Has a healer.

Oh and for on the first page where you said "Like rogues in BC" I don't remember wounding poison falling off much at all in TBC and there was shiv for a reason. A skill you don't even need on your bar anymore. There is nothing like that for fury. I know you guys are mad about arms warriors.. but hey I like to play fury and arms. You cannot deny that numbers fly in this game.

-Krultek