Arena: any successful prot-ret's out there? Advice needed.

So before I start, let me first say that I'm no scrub. This is just uncharted territory for me. Ret was (almost) viable to a certain extent. However, due to the current state of Ret in the arena, and the huge buff to resilience, I'm really interested to try Prot-ret. I am full relentless, have my 2h, but enough points to get the Relentless sword and board. I could use some help with spec/glyph choices and advice from successful prot-ret's.

5s composition; unholy, warrior, disc, resto Druid, and me.

Re: Arena: any successful prot-ret's out there? Advice needed.

pret is not good for 5s.

Reroll warrior imo. Best decision I've made for my paladin :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    pret is not good for 5s.
    Prot brings so much more to the table. Good damage, much more survivability, and better control/CC. I think rolling dots on SoV and how fast they'll stack would work better when combined with an unholy DK, also. If nothing else, I think it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenFear
    Reroll warrior imo. Best decision I've made for my paladin :-\
    This will be my last expansion with WoW, so no point in rerolling now.

Wish I had rolled warrior instead back in vanilla, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    Prot brings so much more to the table. Good damage, much more survivability, and better control/CC. I think rolling dots on SoV and how fast they'll stack would work better when combined with an unholy DK, also. If nothing else, I think it's worth a try.
    5s you need to change your target very fast. Prot is amazing, I must agree, but you need at least 2~3 seconds before your dmg starts to be better than a retribution burst.

2 common build depend on your gear. One build is based around shield slam dmg. Second is based on judgement damage. Using the prot 2pc t9 (helm and legs) 53/18 is what i had been using most the season. If you like the resil using the 4 piece relentless and 5th of your liking taking 5 points in seals of the pure is usually better. 1 second off judgment + fast 5 stacks = pretty reliabl damage.

Like most other season my teams got shafted at the end of the season due to comp issues but we peaked out over 2200 and got t2 weapons.

The biggest problem is you only really have one maybe 2 comps that work. Prot hunter resto druid is really good. Swapping an arms warrior works and it can be played with any healer. I liked druid for cyclone since prot has no real CC.

I played prot/hunter/priest to about 2400 last season. It has it's positive qualities. I would have liked to have had a druid instead but the matter of fact was that the priest was pretty good and all the druids without teams were shitty.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.