Poll: Which is the hardest boss in ICC so far (10 or 25 man).

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Hardest boss of ICC so far?

I'd say on 10m, depending on comp, blood princes can be very tough. It took us more tries to get them than BQL (who we got in 2 tries). Our 10m consisted of 2 feral tanks and our dps was: DK, enh shaman, rogue, spriest, lock tank. 3 healers shaman, priest, paladin. With coordination the dark balls were brought from across the room by melee and healers to the lock tank picking up the rest that was on their side. Our 2nd and only other ranged was a spriest though.. and the balls couldn't be knocked up with mind flay.

On 25m though Prof is definitely harder than BQL. BQL just gets hectic at the end but I guess so does prof in its own way.

For my group in 10 man, definetly Rotface, dont know why. We oneshottet Professor, but wiped several times on Rotface. Princes and BQL went down very fast too. Less wipes on them, than we had on Rotface. Dont know why ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    Thing is, everything in there is easy on 10 right now. Sure, he's not hard on 10, but he's certainly harder than everything else.
    Firstly I'm not going to say this game is hard or that 10 man is easier, neither are true but you probably have no idea what 10 man is supposed to be like...do it with no 25 man gear and its at least a challenge.

we one shot putricide with 3rd alts (have 10 people with at least one totc geared alt) but blood council destroyed our 2nd/3rd groups.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Well, I can't really say anything clear about Lana'thel or Putricide, as I haven't tried them personally. However, from what I've been able to gather, Putricide is the toughest of the two.

So I suppose it's something like;

1. Putricide
    2. Lana'thel
    3. Rotface
    4. Blood Princes
    5. Festergut
    6. Saurfang
    7. Marrowgar
    8. Deathwhisper
    9. Gunship Battle

All of this is from 10-man experience, as I don't do 25-mans.

Blood Queen "pre-nerf"...

It was much more fun dealing with bites before it got nerfed.
    Our pre-nerf kill of blood queen definitely felt harder than putricide.

edit: this is from a 25man PoV
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

25-man:
    #1: Lana'thel is the hardest by far. Organizing bites properly and the DPS requirement and the huge amount of damage going out and the punishing gimmicks (you can sort of get away with slacking on Putricide, not so much here) put it on top.

#2: Putricide is the most complex fight in the instance so far, though less punishing than Lana'thel. Honestly though once you get into a rhythm the damage going out isn't too bad and the damage required of you isn't too bad.

#3: Rotface, last 30% is hectic.

#4: Festergut on merit of sheer damage/healing required.

#5: Blood Prince Council requires some learning but when it comes down to it the DPS requirement in this fight is actually lower than Saurfang. They don't do as much damage as the Plagueworks bosses either.

#6: Saurfang. Deathwhisper used to be harder but got nerfed pretty heavily. Saurfang requires a decent amount of control and DPS.

The rest? At this point who cares.

10-man:
    #1: Putricide. Still complex to learn and with gimmicks to do properly.
    #2: Lana'thel: She gets a LOT easier on 10-man. Spreading out? No issue. Bite order? Not nearly as irritating to pull off correctly and with far less points of failure. DPS requirement? Vastly more forgiving.

The others I'd say are about the same order.

10+ Year Old Account

Putricide.... sometimes people just fail.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

I primarily run 10man and Lana'thel is by far harder than anything else. Putricide is a joke as long as you use 2 healers, 3 healing it gimps your dps way too much.

Lana'thel my group is having issues on, probably cuz we use 2 resto shamans and a holy paladin (no hots hurts). But yah, putricide is not hard. I'd say Rotface and Festergut are harder than putricide (even if they are easy)

It's obviously Gunship... :

Quote Originally Posted by Sespiria
    Does nobody else think, regardless of difficulty, that ICC is just a teensy bit boring?
    My 10 man group is having this problem also, we find the only "fun" bosses are putricide and blood queen lanathel so far (even though we didnt kill BQL ,it's a fun fight). The other bosses are either just boring or stupidly annoying. So far we are disappointed with the raid's bosses. Although we love the look and feel, what a great instance as far as graphics and layout go. I think the trash is just the right amount and mix of harder mobs and easy mobs as well. Hoping Sindragosa and Dreamwalker and Lich King are fun fights.

I've quite enjoyed DBS but I guess as a ranged DPS you have more fun stuff to do. Festergut was alright too as it makes those lazy tanks have to think about when to pop their defensive cooldowns and such...they can't get carried by just our Holy Pala this time (10 man)

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    First vote in on it, and this's how your poll will remain.

Putricide is the hardest boss in there now, followed by Lana'thel, followed by Rotface, followed by Blood princes.
    This is unsurprising how it turned out, except I'm pretty sure BP is harder than gunship. WTF people
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14
    25-man:
    #1: Lana'thel is the hardest by far. Organizing bites properly and the DPS requirement and the huge amount of damage going out and the punishing gimmicks (you can sort of get away with slacking on Putricide, not so much here) put it on top.

#2: Putricide is the most complex fight in the instance so far, though less punishing than Lana'thel. Honestly though once you get into a rhythm the damage going out isn't too bad and the damage required of you isn't too bad.

#3: Rotface, last 30% is hectic.

#4: Festergut on merit of sheer damage/healing required.

#5: Blood Prince Council requires some learning but when it comes down to it the DPS requirement in this fight is actually lower than Saurfang. They don't do as much damage as the Plagueworks bosses either.

#6: Saurfang. Deathwhisper used to be harder but got nerfed pretty heavily. Saurfang requires a decent amount of control and DPS.

The rest? At this point who cares.

10-man:
    #1: Putricide. Still complex to learn and with gimmicks to do properly.
    #2: Lana'thel: She gets a LOT easier on 10-man. Spreading out? No issue. Bite order? Not nearly as irritating to pull off correctly and with far less points of failure. DPS requirement? Vastly more forgiving.

The others I'd say are about the same order.
    have to agree with this, putri isn't that hard once you get the hang of green/orange adds, only phase 3 can be a pain if you dont move correctly

As a "going in for the first try" manner, Blood Queen is harder. As long as you have good dps that can avoid choking gas bombs, kill the adds when they need to, kite the adds when they need to, avoid slime, and a good abomination.. the fight is yours. Blood Queen requires some thinking into the bite process and it can get complicated at the end when only a few are left unbitten. Although I'd say the rest of the fight is not that difficult.

Its a tossup on putricide or Blood Queen Lana'Thel.

To me, putricide seems really easy if people can just remember to stack up and dps the right target. Blood Queen Lana'Thel is just a lot of chaos above and beyond what putricide has.

LIke both of them though

I haven't attempted the two new bosses yet. But so far Putricide is the hardest, imo. I mean the concept of the fight isn't difficult. It just doesn't allow much room for errors. Usually if one person slips up, its a wipe. But once everyone knows exactly where to be at all times I think it'll be relatively easy.

Rotface is a close second. It only takes one poorly timed ooze and you'll find yourself up shit creek without a paddle.

LOL@ gunship votes. This poll is tainted!

i whouldnt wanna call lana'thel hard, its easy as hell but req better gear then the other bosses,

the hardest gotta be bloodprinces (even thou the dps req are nonexistant) or putricide i guess.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Bloodqueen 25 is the hardest boss so far for our guild :-X

As a healer i dont like festergut fight, did not progressed futher on 25 group yet.