Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Innervate as feral druid

This came as a request from a guildie, but i cannot find an API that checks for used druid form. Basically, he wants to cancel form, use innervate, then use the same form again (he's dps and tank).

My problem here is finding a way to check for the previous used form (either cat or bear), and then casting it again. If he would use only one form, it would be really easy...

Any sugestions?

Re: Innervate as feral druid

A macro is not smart and will not do anything unless you tell it exactly what to do.

Therefore the best solution would probably be to use modifiers like alt or shift, and the druid forms of

[stance:1] being bear
    [stance:3] being cat

Also depending on who he wants to innervate the macro would have to have that in there too.

What I'd maybe suggest is using healbot\grid and being able to mouseover innervate whoever he needs, then manually shift back into form.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I'm aware of the limitations of macros, therefore my quest in search of a programmable API to do what i want

Deleted

it is impossible for any macro or addon to check for present, past or future buffs and act accordingly.

I am sure i can find that quote from GC about this.

Originally Posted by ghostcrawler
    We like macros (obviously, or we wouldn’t have them in the game), but we like for them to simplify chains of things that you have to do often without making decisions in between point A and B. We don’t like it when playing your class becomes how clever your macro can be to the point at which you are pushing one button to play your class. That’s not playing an RPG -- that’s programming a robot.
    what macro's want to do, for example, is selecting a mount depending on whether you can fly or not, or do things like giving a message when you misdirect the tank or innervate a healer.

what macros are not designed for is things like intelligent shapeshifting, smart interrupts, single button rotations. these things are either impossible, implausible or hard to get working.

addons are in the same boat.

it is impossible to make a macro like you want it. it is impossible to make an addon that does it like you want it. the only thing you can do is make 2 independent macros, one for cat and one for bear, and put them on an action bar that is linked to your stance. i think you can set up something like bartender for that.

I know it can be set up, but like previously said you will have to have one for each form. I know in BC where taking a HS or health pot would take you out of bear. He created him a macro that would take him out of bear form, use a health stone if available, then if he didn't have a health stone it would pop a health pot and back into bear for before you could blink an eye. This would keep him from taking massive damage from being out of bear form.

Do it without macros? It aint that hard =)

Use an hot key to Bear form :P.

1. Klick [Innervate]
    2. W8 for gcd
    3. Hit Key-binding

But if you are tanking and you come out of bear form you are going to be owned. Your response time won't be fast enough to keep you from taking a massive amount of damage. If you are dps then you can get away with just key punching it. But tanking you can't.

as tank pop barkskin+si+dodge trink
    then pop innervate and shift back

sorted

15+ Year Old Account

barkskin+winnervate or brez

Quote Originally Posted by john879
    But if you are tanking and you come out of bear form you are going to be owned. Your response time won't be fast enough to keep you from taking a massive amount of damage. If you are dps then you can get away with just key punching it. But tanking you can't.
    I think that dude's pants may have just caught fire.

The other major thing about macros is, you click the button once it will only execute what it can in the GCD. It was this way in BC too. You can't say

/leaveform (or whatever)
    /use Health Potion
    /activateform

Because druid forms are on the GCD and so are Health Pots, what the poster said could never have happened or you weren't looking hard enough. That macro (if it was possible (you COULD use a cast sequence, but this would mean multiple key presses)) would still not be that quick anyway - it would still have a base 1.5 second wait + latency (leaving form doesn't trigger gcd if I remember correctly).

Also, why the fuck would you be innervating when you are a tank (@Plasm), I'd talk to your healers about that. If they need an innervate from a tank, take more healers or get non shit healers.

I don't think it can be done. Eating a cookie/health bot and shifting to bear can be done instantly because no GCD was used. Innervate triggers a GCD (i think). As a tank it would be a bad idea unless you aren't currently tanking the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Irrelevant. If you're tanking, you don't innervate. Period. Barkskin won't save your ass from a 50k hit if you suddenly have only 35k health, and you still have to wait for a global cooldown.

And if you're a bear sitting on your ass 'cause the other tank has the boss for a time, then there's no reason you can't just hit your bear button. No macro is needed or is even remotely helpful. Select the player, hit Innervate, wait your GCD, hit Bear. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Seragan
    I think that dude's pants may have just caught fire.

The other major thing about macros is, you click the button once it will only execute what it can in the GCD. It was this way in BC too. You can't say

/leaveform (or whatever)
    /use Health Potion
    /activateform

Because druid forms are on the GCD and so are Health Pots, what the poster saud could never have happened or you weren't looking hard enough. That macro (if it was possible (you COULD use a cast sequence, but this would mean multiple key presses)) would still not be that quick anyway - it would still have a base 1.5 second wait + latency (leaving form doesn't trigger gcd if I remember correctly).
    I think it did work at one point, and was determined to be a bug. I remember a few feral tanks doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

It wasn't a bug; pots weren't on the GCD, so shifting macros were the only way for bears to drink pots in BC.

I suck at writing macros but
    he has cat and bear build?
    well can't he make one for cat and one for bear spec?
    if he's using one spec for tanking / dpsing you have bigger problems than macro : )

Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid
    It wasn't a bug; pots weren't on the GCD, so shifting macros were the only way for bears to drink pots in BC.
    My bad if it was then.

I love how ppl say get some non shit healers and such. I wish I lived in your perfect world where even on progression/learning raids a healers never dies, gets soulstoned, anhked, brez'd, etc and then had crap for mana and needs an extra boost from any method available.

Keep your BS perfect world to yourself we dont need to hear about your delusions, we have a real world to deal with.

Bosses attack speed is usually around 2 seconds. So you can battle-rez and innervate as tank, you just need to be fast enough to pop form before boss hits you again. I've seen that done by bear tanks of my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreies
    I love how ppl say get some non shit healers and such. I wish I lived in your perfect world where even on progression/learning raids a healers never dies, gets soulstoned, anhked, brez'd, etc and then had crap for mana and needs an extra boost from any method available.

Keep your BS perfect world to yourself we dont need to hear about your delusions, we have a real world to deal with.
    You are contorting what we have said. We said IF A TANK has to innervate when they are ACTIVELY tanking a boss. This is after healers have used all available cd's (Resto Shammy dropping Mana Tide, using their own/other druid's innervate, using a pot). If a tank needs to give an innervate and there is absolutely no way for a healer to gain mana, then you should probably just wipe.

Also, chances are if you are on a progression fight, the other healers can pick up the slack for maybe ~40 seconds while someones mana generating ability comes off CD. I mean, if you are THAT starved for mana - just go and melee the boss if it as Judgment of Wisdom on it :-/ + having Replenishment should give you a fair bit of mana in about 10-15 seconds (since you are talking extremes).