Tank macro for marking

Tried searching all over the place. Not sure if it is possible. Anyone know of a macro written to mark a target with just a keystroke or mouse overclick? Similar to healing mouseover macro. But something to mark a target on the fly that i can bind to a mouse button would be awesome! any ideas>?

Re: Tank macro for marking

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...uick-mark.aspx

Sorry, i can't help you with the macro.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Press escape, then click on Keybindings, scroll down until you see raid target icons, then proceed to bind them however you like. Dont forget you can keybind them to a multiple keypress such as Shift+1 or Ctrl+1 or even a mouse button if you prefer. Generally you shouldnt need too many of these keybound, i never find myself needing more than 4 at a time. Happy marking!

Thanks for the responses. add on works great. already have a couple other guild tanks using it. havent had a chance to use the macro yet but looks clean. thanks for the suggestions!

Lucky Charms. Not sure which add on site it is on though (don't think it is on Curse [which is what I frequent]).

When i first started tanking i searches for the same kinda macros. But since i use a laptop, all the buttons down the right side are delete, home, pg up, pg dn, and end.I keybound skull x, moon, nipple, star all to those buttons. Works quite well for me.

oPie. You will love it. Not only for marking.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted

If you want to do it with a macro:

Code:
    /script SetRaidTargetIcon("target", 1);
    marks your current target with a star. You can tweak that with assigning a number from 1 to 8 (star -> skull) or changing the "target" into "player" (yourself) or "focus" or whatever.

This doesn't require an addon, it's all in the game client already.

Again great responses. you guys rock. this last macro is exactly what im looking for in combination with button binds on my mouse. something that is small and easy to change. as for oPie use it on my druid and didnt think to use it for this.

Hello :-)

I like the add on http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/fstmrk.aspx

It works really well if you need to mark stuff quickly, there is a small box with the different raid icons in, i don't know if it's helpful for key binds and stuff i don't really use them.