Poll: What do you think of these 10 man strict guilds as is defined by guildOX

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: 10 man strict

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 10 man strict

honestly it has about as much affect on me and my game play as that 40 year old fat bloke who just sits in goldshire on his female NE hunter trying to start up random cyber chats.

but this seems to be about claiming realm firsts to me. and well back in the days of EQ. realm firsts meant something. a lot of those encounters were put there by smug development teams who wandered off going " there is no F cking way ANYONE is going to kill that!" back in vanilla wow and maybe TBC i can see the point but nowadays nothing but the hardest heroic achievement means jack shit and all the spam world first of hogger with no DK in the raid who had the letter p in his name. is just fucktardedly boring and anyone that takes part in it either needs shooting or a life. and not near me

Quote Originally Posted by Gluestick
    I actually run a 10 man strict guild.

Most everyone in our guild has been in / has done 25 man raiding in the past. We just perfer the smaller tight-knit community. We all know cliques happen and we just felt it'd be more enjoyable t have on clique rather then 3-4 in a 25 man guild.
    This in all ways.

Shait~Sekhmeet~Windwolf~Basteat~Neight~Buto~Aliaindray

With work this is basically all i am able to do now (without my wife throwing my comp out the the window) its honestly more fun to do 10 mans imo, because you impact things more. is it easier? usually yes, but doing HMs in 10 man can definitely be difficult (normal ICC so far has been pretty easy)

The biggest roadblock to a 10m only guild is the items by slot. If you were a 10m only guild going into ToGC, you had 1 good stamina trinket. 10m ToC didn't even offer a decent tanking/dps trinket.

A 10m Str user only had 1 weapon from anub ToGC. ICC seems to have solved this issue just by having a much larger boss pool with which to gear from.

I liked 10man raiding, you got to form great friendships.

We were never a strict 10m, we lead 25m pugs. Now that we're trying to expand the "easy gearing" is coming into play with people qqing over loot and ninja logging once Saurfang 25 drops. I dont want to raid 25s because 10mans are flexible and people can focus more.

The guuldOX rules limit people from getting a progression kill with more then 5 people in the same 25 man raid. It does not stop people from farming 25's nor does it prevent people from using 264 badge gear.

In other words, it's still too easy to overgear 10 man content at all times. But hey if it floats your boat, no one is stopping you.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    The guuldOX rules limit people from getting a progression kill with more then 5 people in the same 25 man raid. It does not stop people from farming 25's nor does it prevent people from using 264 badge gear.

In other words, it's still too easy to overgear 10 man content at all times. But hey if it floats your boat, no one is stopping you.
    Actually it's a little stricter than that, you get excluded if 5 people attend the same kill OR 8 people kill any 25man bosses on separate occasions over time. Granted, you could have 7 of your raiders fully 25man geared which would be cheating the system - but I think the 10man community, including myself would like a more defined way of being '10man' instead of using a third party website and criteria, let blizzard categorise us as we wish so that we can progress in our own league - without our achievements being diluted by 25man guilds or gear.

i''m in a basically 10man only guild. We just don't have the numbers for 25 and are happy doing 10's.

Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

I'm in a 10-man only guild (asin, we have 2 10-man teams, and occasionally run 25 mans for certain trinkets etc) and as others have said, i just enjoy the atmosphere, and how on-your-toes everyone needs to be. In a 10 man, if litrally one person screws up, one dps doesn't move out of the fire, it could be a wipe. If you don't get a heal off quick enough on the tank, there's not 5 others ready to take your place, you need to be responsible for making sure you fulfill your roll.

ICC's definately alot better than toc and, in some ways, ulduar in itemization, that everyone can get a full set of new gear, rather than some of the missing slots from earlier content.

the only thing i wish bliz would change, would be to make 10 & 25mans share the same lockout. As it is at the moment, 10 mans seem pretty balanced that we're getting a steady flow of upgrades & badges, but the 25man guild on our server just steamroll 10mans in afew minutes at the end of their 25man nights, getting a much faster supply of gear/ emblems for doing content they don't even want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by keke
    It's like asking why the hell bosses attack tanks and not healers. It's like asking why bosses play with us for 10 minutes, and then after 10 minutes they get tired of their toys and enrages and one shots us all. Why didn't they do this from the start? Stupid game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zongo
    Could you imagine Robin Williams in a raid vent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari
    I'll be in my bunk.

Quote Originally Posted by nietmakkir
    the only thing i wish bliz would change, would be to make 10 & 25mans share the same lockout. As it is at the moment, 10 mans seem pretty balanced that we're getting a steady flow of upgrades & badges, but the 25man guild on our server just steamroll 10mans in afew minutes at the end of their 25man nights, getting a much faster supply of gear/ emblems for doing content they don't even want to do.
    While this is true, it is never going to happen. Blizzard wants to open up content, and this would close it up. It also has some very nasty side-effects. Par example, say you are in a 10M guild with this system and you are benched for a night. You will not fight ANY PuG doing 10M now, because everyone would save their save for the better loot awarding 25M. Unless of coarse, they are in a 10M guild too. Now you can just PuG with someone who has already done 25M etc.
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

10 man strict?

I dont really get the strict part? I have accepted that our guild will likely always be much further in 10 man progression than 25 this is guaranteed for various reasons, though the idea not to do 25s just seems pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by bunyipee
    10 man strict?

I dont really get the strict part? I have accepted that our guild will likely always be much further in 10 man progression than 25 this is guaranteed for various reasons, though the idea not to do 25s just seems pointless.
    You cannot overgear the 10M with 25M ICC gear. That is the strict part. More info: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?w=AB&a=1
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

10 man strict?

There is more to raiding than grabbing the shiny epics with the highest ilvl. Strict raiders prefer playing as a 10 man group for several reasons, mentioned in here before. The only 'downside', we won't wear the 277 ilvl. We will end up being 261 Heroic geared and have impressive 10 man achievements. Because 25 man guilds will have 'our' achievements too, it won't look too impressive. But 10 man is on par with 25 man progress in difficulty.

but this seems to be about claiming realm firsts to me. and well back in the days of EQ. realm firsts meant something. a lot of those encounters were put there by smug development teams who wandered off going " there is no F cking way ANYONE is going to kill that!" back in vanilla wow and maybe TBC i can see the point but nowadays nothing but the hardest heroic achievement means jack shit and all the spam world first of hogger with no DK in the raid who had the letter p in his name. is just fucktardedly boring and anyone that takes part in it either needs shooting or a life. and not near me
    Personally it is not about the world firsts, but competition is part of the game. I want to get that boss down the same week as the top/within a # limited attempts and I want a way for people to see that we did something impressive. Ofcourse this is about e-peen too. 25 man guilds are looking pretty in their special epics, we want people to realise that we're looking pretty too ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mineissilent
    10 man strict guilds is something I've noticed a large rise in recently. A few of them on my server have taken some serious flak for posted anything about there progress on our realm forums.(Duskwood aka. Failwood) I am interested in what the larger scale opinion of these guilds is. Please feel free to post more info about your choice.

Also, please no trolls. If you think it's stupid then just say that and move on with you life.

PS. I am of no bias to this topic.
    Play how you like.

Exciting World kill ranks are a thing of the past.
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

10 man strict?

The whole idea of 10 man progression is to do it, via 10 mans..........

DOING 25 mans is pointless because it would be viewed as a cheat way to get gear to easier see content if you was progressing in 10 mans.

It's not a hard concept to understand
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

I think that "strict" ranking is stupid. half of the people in my guild are doing pugs icc 25. I dont see why those people should pass on those raids if they like them. So that our raid qualifies for a list on the internet? To know hey, "we are number 435 in a list that almost no one knows and all we did for it was having half of our players to miss a lot of fun"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzey

Slightly off topic, but I'd like to see a dual loot system whereby items from 10man and 25man are exactly the same by way of itemization, though the 25man versions are padded out more heavily with stats - to reward the hard work which goes into running a 25man guild. If a 25man geared raider decides to do some 10man raiding, his gear is automatically downgraded to the 10man equivalent for the duration of the raid.
    I do share your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    I think that "strict" ranking is stupid. half of the people in my guild are doing pugs icc 25. I dont see why those people should pass on those raids if they like them. So that our raid qualifies for a list on the internet? To know hey, "we are number 435 in a list that almost no one knows and all we did for it was having half of our players to miss a lot of fun"
    I totally agree with you, the point you bring up is a flaw in the system. I don't mind pugging ICC25 either for fun, but at the moment we forbid our members to do so (we had to remove a raider who did not follow this rule and recruiting is a bitch). Blizzard isn't supporting 10 man raiding enough. Fizzlebeard said it all on first page already. The link he gave leads to the European suggestions forums where we try to tackle exactly this problem along with everything else which is discussed here.

I'm currently in a strict 10m guild and I really enjoy it. We're not "too fail" to run 25's. We just prefer raiding with 10 close knit friends and not dealing with the organization of 25 man raiding.

I realize that 25 man progression is far more important in the eyes of most people, which is fine by me. But 10m strict progression gives the smaller guilds something to strive for, even if nobody think thinks its worthwhile. It adds more to the 10man experience, imo. The guilds in this category do keep track of progression on the forums but its nothing like "OMG 10mHC 1st KILL!!!!11!"