Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Season 8 Armor Sets, Season 8 Weapon, Invincible

Update - Added a small preview of Invincible. Looks like my previous preview wasn't far from reality.

Invincible Rising
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)

In the years following Invincible's birth, the horse and Arthas formed a bond that carried them across the warring nations of Azeroth, through the icy grip of death, and into the throes of battle.

The stallion's coiled muscles were made for speed, and Arthas often felt that his mount flew rather than galloped across the countryside. With the slightest touch of his heel, Arthas was able to convey his directions, and Invincible obeyed without question or hesitation.

It was Invincible's unfaltering faith in his master that inevitably led to the stallion's death and unholy rebirth. On a cold winter afternoon as snow was blanketing the ground, Arthas was desperate to get away from the city even if it meant riding through harsh and unforgiving weather. Once outside, Arthas guided Invincible over a familiar jump, but the stallion slipped on slick ice, and the fall shattered his forelegs. With no way to save his companion, Arthas was forced to give Invincible a merciful death, and the prince carried that guilt with him for a very long time.

Years later, after the Lich King granted Arthas necromantic powers, Arthas returned to the grave where he had buried Invincible and raised his loyal servant into undeath. It was in this dark act that Arthas felt a sense of purpose. He believed that Invincible's death was not an accident; rather, it was essential to Arthas's destiny.

Invincible was not bred to be a warhorse, but after he was brought back from the dead and made immune to hunger, pain, and exhaustion, he became the perfect steed for Arthas. Now the skeletal charger stalks Icecrown Citadel, ever at the ready to serve his beloved master.

Arthas and Invincible were as one until parted by the stallion's untimely death. Now, they are rejoined in death through the power of the Lich King and pose a fearsome sight for all who gaze upon them. Only the power of the heroes of Azeroth can part them once more.

In order to attain such a steed, one must conquer Icecrown Citadel and face the Lich King on Heroic difficulty. Perhaps you will be the lucky individual to obtain the most coveted of mounts -- the Invincible Charger. This reward awaits those who are brave enough to tempt fate and face the full wrath of the Lich King!

Video is not official but should be accurate.

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P2R4ASfT258&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P2R4ASfT258&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

Season 8 Armor Sets Preview
    Blizzard finally released a small preview of the Season 8 Armor Sets on the official site!

Season 8 Weapon Models Preview
    Below is a small preview of the Season 8 weapon models posted a few months ago during the testing of Patch 3.3 on PTRs.

Re: Season 8 Armor Sets, Season 8 Weapon Models

The shaman set looks awfully squishy for supposedly being mail.

The rogue helm reminds me of an odd version of Pyramid Head. >>

Also... what is that mage helm?? :-X

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

i hate Warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalol-Misery
    i hate Warlocks.
    You are just jealous of their style :P

Very nice, dks look meh though.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Pretty cool !

Finally some good looking pvp set. (especially warrior, mage and warlock)

really nice shields also.best looking so far

What the hell is that Hunter set? Has to be the most clown-like gear since Sunwell.

Warriors look badass

Warrior armor is now one half of a helmet away from becoming Super Shredder.

"Shredder! Stop it! you're gonna kill us all!"
    "SOOOOOOOOOOO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTTTT"

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUhn4EZZ5ZM
    For those who don't get it.

Also Warlock helmet looks like they put more work on it than T10. It looks very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiMii
    Rogue banana shoulders

Wannabe Paladin T2
    u mean T1

15+ Year Old Account

Warrior's looks good

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

WTB Multi-Race. Humans suck.

Why am i wearing a cloth version of previous sets? ??? ???

A ROBE for Shaman? How bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixia
    Pretty cool !

Finally some good looking pvp set. (especially warrior, mage and warlock)
    I actually like the way they've done PvP sets this time around. Starting with a basic gear model, and then making them progressively more decorative as seasons progress. Sure it may not be as cool as the re-colored raid sets from BC, but they do have their own personal style. As you progress through the seasons, it's like you're modifying your gear, which makes better sense than just copying whatever the raiders are wearing.

Holy sex batman!

Lock set looks amazing

Lol, Blizzard is failing at their armor designs...

The only good looking set I like is rogue. The rest are MEH...warlock idk what to make of. That plain skull helm bothers me a bit.

pretty