Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Tanking Issue with Deathbringer Saurfang

Best thing you can do is have your rogues and hunters macro their ToTT and MD to the tanks, then have them use them at every taunt to help get him on the tank. Should help you out TPS the other tank of the focus part of the taunt is resisted.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootofalleli
    The pally might be standing there spamming tank moves right after you taunt, stealing the boss back almost immediately. Tanks should auto-attack and nothing more for a few seconds to let the new tank get a solid lead. Otherwise a couple of crits could put the other tank back on top. Talk to the other tanks you raid with. If a tank doesn't notice his debuffs and/or doesn't use any bossmods (e.g. Bigwigs, DBM, etc.) he might not know when to chill with threat. If someone tells you to "tank harder" or says that he needs to keep dpsing, he's just being bad.
    This is the correct reason. The paladin needs to stop ALL threat moves to let you gain agro on him. If he continues, you will not be able to break his agro. Holy Shield is comparative to your Run Strike, however his is up 90% of the time.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Savarea
    I've recently been tanking ICC 10 for my guild. We attempted Deathbinger Saurfang tonight with myself and a Paladin tank. I would initially start aggro and have the Pally taunt off me when I got Rune of Blood debuff. My issue is that sometimes when it's my turn to taunt Saurfang will not turn to me and stay on the Pally. I'd say this happens 1/5 tries. Omen shows me on top threat when I taunt yet it still doesn't matter. Any suggestions?
    *Have not read previous posts*

Your OT is probably bad & releasing more threat moves after your taunt, stealing it back.
    On Saurfang the tank with debuff should stop using threat moves until the other tank has secure threat.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    BAD idea. DND can get the adds, boosting his blood power and causing a wipe. Not to mention the ROI on DND for single target is fairly low.

well it works for me atleast and regarding the adds, you just have to be smart if there is less then 10s for adds to spawn you dont put it if there is more you do, but im unholy tank so dnd is getting a boost from talents,glyph and set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn
    *Have not read previous posts*

Your OT is probably bad & releasing more threat moves after your taunt, stealing it back.
    On Saurfang the tank with debuff should stop using threat moves until the other tank has secure threat.
    This. Ignore everything you read about hit and dark command glyphs because that's all excessive and hindering your tank survivability. I tank that fight with 120 hit and have no problems. Your OT just needs to stop attacking after the taunt. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkit
    This. Ignore everything you read about hit and dark command glyphs because that's all excessive and hindering your tank survivability. I tank that fight with 120 hit and have no problems. Your OT just needs to stop attacking after the taunt. That's all.
    Or just have your rogues/hunters make a Tricks of the Trade/Misdirection macro for their tanks, that way ALL dps can remain on him and you can get him down with 0 marks out ;P
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I get him down without any marks on 10man almost every week. That's probably mostly die to our dps though. Rogues and hunters should be using MD and tricks every CD if there are threat issues of any kind.