Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Just how critical is it to keep T9 Shadow 2 piece?

Hey all. I've currently got T9 Triumph pants and robe, Gunship mittens for gloves, T10 shoulders, and Aurora of Trans for helm. I'll have enough badges for my second T10 piece tomorrow.
    I was planning to get the Helm, since I have 264 gloves already and I didn't want to lose my 2 piece T9 but....if you don't count the set bonus bonus, the T10 helm is barely better than the Ony helm. So just how important is that bonus anyway? Should I say screw it and get the robe instead? Isn't the robe a much better upgrade? I don't have any mana issues, won't losing the bonus just mean I push one button slightly more often?
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Re: Just how critical is it to keep T9 Shadow 2 piece?

No single upgrade of a piece of gear you get can be better that your t9 set bonus. Considering you have T10 shoulders and the Aurora helm, i would get the helm. This would give you two set t9 and t10 bonus. What you want to do next is get enough badges for both the chest and legs, but not use them until you get both; this will mean you have two set 9+10, and then you can completely drop t9 and have 4set t10 bonus. This is definatly the best way to go around getting your t10.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Thanks. This had been bugging me for a while, but now I know I'm doing the right move. I was actually planning on saving up badges for the robe/gloves while working on primordials for the woven death pants, then upgrading all three around the same time. Gonna be a hell of an upgrade.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    No single upgrade of a piece of gear you get can be better that your t9 set bonus. Considering you have T10 shoulders and the Aurora helm, i would get the helm. This would give you two set t9 and t10 bonus. What you want to do next is get enough badges for both the chest and legs, but not use them until you get both; this will mean you have two set 9+10, and then you can completely drop t9 and have 4set t10 bonus. This is definatly the best way to go around getting your t10.
    I think this is overstated a little but it's essentially correct.

Personally i'm playing without 2pc T9 as a way to get used to how it's going to be. I've found it something that will take some time to get used to, particularly when multi dotting and I really dont' see any encounter in the game as requiring a strict dedication to absolute max DPS. I'm also fortunate enough to have my fair share of ilvl 264 loots so I feel somewhat justified in dropping 2pc to wear the items i'm currently wearing.

Unfortunetly I made a bad decision to pick up the T10 gloves otherwise i'd be in 4pc T10 by the end of this week /sigh

10+ Year Old Account

2p T9 it's just too good to break for anything else beside 4p T10
    Im getting my 4p T10 set this week and im already sad, i will keep the 2 T( for fights that multidot is needed though