Poll: Do you support this idea?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Warrior Idea : Banner Instead of Ranged Weps

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjabear
    this idea is new and original, i approve

but as a paladin speaking, show my libram plx bliz :<
    Hanging from a sexy chain, and when its effect procs it should light up and glow.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz
    Heroic throw, shattering throw, Taunt, intercept, charge, Hunter MD, Rogue ToTT...

1 shot from a gun wont get aggro off healer....

You need to develope your statements a bit more.
    I said pulling :P "Gunning" a mob actually do some damages, even if it's "worthless" on first look. But it's really more important than what you think. Gun+Taunt is like already a huge aggro base.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Holy shit i'm actually agreeing with something that someone posted on mmo-champion. And for my beloved class. I'm totally baffled.

Post it on WoW official forums, now.
    MAI ROFLCOPTER GOES SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

We need bannerz nau!

10+ Year Old Account

Its an interesting concept, you should post it on the WoW forums, and see what kinds of feedback you get.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

IMO all banners should have a primary and secondary equip, and one of them should be a passive health per 5, becasue warriors suck for having to bandage and eat ALL the time. I would love to have more passive out of combat health Regen at any level as a warrior (I know trolls have the racial but its garbage).

Actually, if you put a banner for warrior, you get a big problem for warrior tanks. Idk if you've been raiding a lot recently, but sometime pulls need to be taken from distance; When your taunts are on CD. And waiting hell of a time to get somes enemies to you is kinda bad
    Sorry, what? The only place I use my gun is utgarde pinnacle.

Gun+Taunt is like already a huge aggro base.
    Okaaay... No, it is not. Your aggro is only your damage modified with the defensive stance bonus, taunt won't give you any threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a city on the back of a roaming colossus

A couple people talked about throwing the banner, and I think that could be our ranged pulling technique. Like maybe it hits an enemy and does a debuff to him and his friends in a small aoe and does alot of threat.

Then when that mob attacks you once you rip it out of him, set it in place, and start calling his mother a classy lady. Tanking ensues.

Could also give warriors a little ranged help in pvp with the debuff.
    "Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes, because then you're a mile away, and you have his shoes." - Douglas Adams

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wani
    Okaaay... No, it is not. Your aggro is only your damage modified with the defensive stance bonus, taunt won't give you any threat.
    That's why I said Gun+Taunt actually >.< Ok sorry, I should have wrote Taunt+Gun since it's too complicated the other way, seems like. As you said yourself, Taunt give you no aggro. Gun do.

The idea of making the banner a ranged ability could be great.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2
    That's why I said Gun+Taunt actually >.< Ok sorry, I should have wrote Taunt+Gun since it's too complicated the other way, seems like. As you said yourself, Taunt give you no aggro. Gun do.

The idea of making the banner a ranged ability could be great.
    [Banner Vault] Throws your equipped banner at the target impaling and causing it to be crazed for 4 seconds and damaging up to 3 near by targets as it fails about. Causes high amount of threat. 20 second CD

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    [Banner Vault] Throws your equipped banner at the target impaling and causing it to be crazed for 4 seconds and damaging up to 3 near by targets as it fails about. Causes high amount of threat. 20 second CD
    Instead of crazed, I would go for silenced or stunned for 2 second. 4 second is too OP, with all stun a warrior have, and since it's a 20 second CD, it would be like really too OP. Or you can do a 1 minute cooldown for 4 second stunned, like what the pally have. I would keep the AoE effect tho.
    Google Diversity Memo

Deleted

Banner of Victory: Enables your Victory Rush at all times and removes it from the GCD lulz

OT: fresh and original idea, both hands up for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2
    Instead of crazed, I would go for silenced or stunned for 2 second. 4 second is too OP, with all stun a warrior have, and since it's a 20 second CD, it would be like really too OP. Or you can do a 1 minute cooldown for 4 second stunned, like what the pally have. I would keep the AoE effect tho.
    Well I was thinking it would still be coming after you, the crazed part means its doing slight AOE damage as it moves towards you with the rest of the pull causing high amount of threat. Basically a ranged AOE pull.

I approve of this. Warriors use never their ranged weapon. Last time i used mine was about 100 days /played ago when i used it to kill a mage with 10hp left in the 20-29 wsg bracket.

And tanks that say they need guns/bows for pulling are nuts.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Warrior Idea : Banner Item For Warriors.

thanks for putting this post in WoW suggestion forums

EDIT: updated the OP so it states that warriors have a choice between ranged weapons or banners

I would say the banner (wich i think is an awesome idea btw) should have 3 uses.

1: an AoE buff effect on the hole raid (like 5% threat goes to the warrior for tanks, or extra AP, stuff like that)
    2: A use or proc effect for the warrior himself. like librams and totems and stuff have.
    3: An effect when you throw it. (for tanks this could be ranged aoe threat, and for dps a bleeding dot etc)

and since hunters and rogues will be the only onces using guns/bows/xbows/thrown now (i know, no thrown for hunters)
    i would say, make thrown weps rogue only, i think they fit realy well. And give them some ranged abilties with that throw wep aswell.
    So hunters then will be the only one using bows/xbows/guns, meaning every class has a class specific item slot, except for clothies, but i think them having wands is fine. maybe just give the wands some more usefull effects aswell.

www.explosm.net

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Could anyone post a link to the wow forums where this is posted? I can't find it :'(

I wanna know how blizzard reacts to this, if they even pay attention at all that is :P

EDIT'

I love the banner thing, it would be awesome and it would make the warrior class alot more fun but come on....throwing your banner at enemys...that sounds wierd imo :P(bet it would look wierd aswell!)
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotoads
    also i vote that warriors have a 10% chance to trip while charging and roll until you hit a wall or fall off a cliff!

It would be a nice idea. My warrior is a tank and I never use my ranged weapon to pull, I use heroic throw or simply just taunt. It'd be nice to get the effects like DKs do.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a city on the back of a roaming colossus

Maybe the banners could also function as stat sticks, and maybe do a cool thing like making commanding or battle shout an aura effect instead of having to refresh it, so that you still have a choice between ranged wep stats and the banner stats, the trade-off being ability to shoot versus the nice little equip effect on the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrant
    Could anyone post a link to the wow forums where this is posted? I can't find it :'(

I wanna know how blizzard reacts to this, if they even pay attention at all that is :P

EDIT'

I love the banner thing, it would be awesome and it would make the warrior class alot more fun but come on....throwing your banner at enemys...that sounds wierd imo :P(bet it would look wierd aswell!)
    There are plenty of quests that require you to impale a corpse with a banner, this would just be before they die. Plus the ranged weps can be seen sticking out of enemies where they hit for a few seconds, just need to use that mechanic and not despawn the banner.

I would still love to see this implemented. Here's to hoping!
    "Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes, because then you're a mile away, and you have his shoes." - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Vortrall
    A couple people talked about throwing the banner, and I think that could be our ranged pulling technique. Like maybe it hits an enemy and does a debuff to him and his friends in a small aoe and does alot of threat.

Maybe the banner has a chain attached to the warriors forearm, and the warrior is able to pull said impaled mob towards him.

GET OVER HERE!!!
    too awesome for words.
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid..."
    -A. Einstein.