Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Arthas Humanoid or Undeath?

so i started wondering this, is Arthas flagt as a humanoid or undeath mob.

lore wise he was a paladin who later on turned into a deathknight by picking up frostmourne and later on becomming the lich king. and even tho frostmourne drove arthas mad i dont think it shows anywhere that arthas actualy died and got resurected as a undeath. thus stil being flagt as humanoid, however isint it a bit weird that a humanoid controles a super large undeath force?:P

Re: Arthas Humanoid or Undeath?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightruler
    so i started wondering this, is Arthas flagt as a humanoid or undeath mob.

lore wise he was a paladin who later on turned into a deathknight by picking up frostmourne and later on becomming the lich king. and even tho frostmourne drove arthas mad i dont think it shows anywhere that arthas actualy died and got resurected as a undeath. thus stil being flagt as humanoid, however isint it a bit weird that a humanoid controles a super large undeath force?:P
    As far as i am aware... he is still "Alive" and therefore "Humanoid".

Even though he did cut out his own heart...

It could change for Game Mechanic reasons though, after all the Forsaken are "Undead" in lore... but for Game Mechanics were changed to Humanoid after Priests and Paladins would abuse their Anti-Undead powers in PvP.

15+ Year Old Account

My guess is for Humanoid. I don't think he lost his Humanoid status due to the fact that he has no heart, but I do believe that he can be classified as a Humanoid due to having a "Human" brain.
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted

according to wowwiki, arthas menethil has not died, but he is undead with his soul sucked in by frostmourne and his heart removed.

it is a bit complicated.

but i just hope he is undead. so many people saved their holy mightstone for arthas.

but knowing blizzard, he will probably be undefined type.

He is a Demi god.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    He is a Demi god.
    If I remember correctly, he's flagged as Undead in HoR.

Quote Originally Posted by Telric
    If I remember correctly, he's flagged as Undead in HoR.
    For all intense purposes yes he is undead. No heart = dead lol. But if you were to classify him by his power level (which is likely over 9000) he is on par with a demi-god.

10+ Year Old Account

I've been on thottbot.com to look about Lich King *status*. I see both humanoïds AND undead. BUT for HoR, he's undead. What we need to know now, is his power high enough to change from Undead to Humanoïd as he wish to?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

What I really wanna know is why those damned geists in Pit of Saron aren't undead.

In all seriousness, though, he'll probably end up being "undead" in the final fight. But, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being humanoid for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2
    I've been on thottbot.com to look about Arthas *status*. I see both humanoïds AND undead. BUT for HoR, he's undead. What we need to know now, is his power high enough to change from Undead to Humanoïd as he wish to?
    If Jesus can do it, I am sure Arthas can.

Deleted

evry1 can be like jesus.

WTB soulstone deluxe!

He is an undead. He never literally died, but he stabbed his heart out and had his soul drained by Frostmourne.

I've been on thottbot.com to look about Arthas *status*. I see both humanoïds AND undead.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?search=arthas#npcs:0+7+1
    http://thottbot.com/?s=arthas#Creatures
    Both list just one humanoid Arthas, being the one in CoT:Strat, back when he was still alive :
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I'm guessing he will be Humanoid.
    Blizz wont want to have such an important fight have to work around the Pally "undead specific" abilities.

The Fight will be so tightly tuned the +1% damage to undead, auto crits to undead, hits and stuns undead abilities that pallys have may lead to world first raids having more pallys than normal and the fgight being easier than they want it to.

We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

He is Undead, You can Confirm that in Halls of Reflection, Everything killable in ICC is Undead really.. (except for the battleship fight NPCs, but i quess that it pretty obvious)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid
    He is an undead. He never literally died, but he stabbed his heart out and had his soul drained by Frostmourne.
    in games like this or in lore that does not mean he actualy died and thus can stil be flagt as humanoid.

davy jones in pirates movie also cut out his own heart but he dident actualy die either.

Stop dots! Sheep him!

He was already undead in WC3 if i remeber right.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    http://www.wowhead.com/?search=arthas#npcs:0+7+1
    http://thottbot.com/?s=arthas#Creatures
    Both list just one humanoid Arthas, being the one in CoT:Strat, back when he was still alive :
    I looked for the lich king, not Arthas XD My bad, I wrote the wrong thing in my post. If you look for Lich King, you'll see, there's both Humanoïd & Undead.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by kungfumonkey
    I'm guessing he will be Humanoid.
    Blizz wont want to have such an important fight have to work around the Pally "undead specific" abilities.
    By that logic, they'd have to make him uncategorized.

I looked for the lich king, not Arthas XD My bad, I wrote the wrong thing in my post. If you look for Lich King, you'll see, there's both Humanoïd & Undead.
    Still only one, and that's a quest-related and phased NPC.
    Just like the varying amounts of HP of various versions of one character, this doesn't have to mean a thing and could simply be an overlooked mistake.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.