Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Need computer help.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    Sorry, we missed that it was obvious you needed help too, so topic applies.
    WOW MATE, WHAT A BIG PC YOU HAVE!

Helping anyone today, anyone else?

Some one simply asked how I was getting 300 fps, I told him my specs, I could of edited my other post, but wasn't thinking at the time. You are a fail troll my friend. And yes, I will be helping more people today thank you very much. Go read the 2nd post, it was me actually on topic helping out. >.> Now STFU and stop posting.

I am still using my computer from 1989 and I can still get around 4000 to 5000 FPS while in Dalaran. Outside of Dalaran it can get up to 4x that. (I may be off give or take 100fps)

Quote Originally Posted by Vonage
    I am still using my computer from 1989 and I can still get around 4000 to 5000 FPS while in Dalaran. Outside of Dalaran it can get up to 4x that. (I may be off give or take 100fps)
    lol, you made an account just to troll. That's fun.

I have had this account for awhile I just never post, I chuckled at your 300 FPS post and I just couldn't resist posting sarcastically.

(No offense :-X lol)

I have had this account for awhile I just never post, I chuckled at your 300 FPS post and I just couldn't resist posting sarcastically.

(No offense :-X lol)
    A - It's not 300 in DAL.
    B - I can post a screen shot when I get home if you would like. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cynadra
    A - It's not 300 in DAL.
    B - I can post a screen shot when I get home if you would like. :P
    A - Ok!
    B - I am sure your FPS is stupendous, I don't need you to post any screen shots, have a nice day.

Aldi quite often have good value for money pcs:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_12578.htm

A - Ok!
    B - I am sure your FPS is stupendous, I don't need you to post any screen shots, have a nice day.
    Then...

A - Why are you being a dick?
    B - Why did you seem like you didn't believe me? O.O

A - I can't believe you are still replying to me?
    B - First post was sarcastic, 2nd post tried brushing it off as no offense, 3rd post said have a nice day.

C - Have a nice day. . . lol ;D
    (Lets stop flooding this thread with pointless posts and let the OP receive some actual information now)

C - Have a nice day. . . lol ;D
    (Lets stop flooding this thread with pointless posts and let the OP receive some actual information now)
    Oh come on, back and forths are what makes forums fun!

On a side note, seriuosly just buy a decent dual/quad core system with atleast 4 gigs of RAM, then buy a nice video card for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyNoz
    how much are you willing to spend ?

write down a number

i would go for an AMD dual core X2 phenom
    cheap Motherboard, cheap 4 gigs Ram e.g.: GeiL
    cheap tower

low budget ati of the 4k series should do it for wow
    Don't do this... christ... Do you work at PC World?

The mobo is the backbone of your computer. Spend about £60 on it and stick to a name like Asus, Abit or Gigabyte.

Your RAM is something that stores information while the CPU manipulates it, so doing this on cheap hardware is like giving a homeless guy your bank details.
    Buying 'cheap' ram is stupid when you can get 4gb of Corsair for about £50 (you don't need more unless you running your life on there).

Stick to Intel, imo. I've never had an issues with them (the AMD I've used have given me shit), and the Q6600 I'm on atm is rock solid running at 3ghz on the factory fan!

Spend about £100-150 on a GPU, and research the best you can get for your money.

600watt PSU should be fine.
    Half-decent case is around £50, though the ~£80 Gigabyte or Antec cases are badass, and I've used them many times building PCs for customers.

DVD-writers are about ~£20 for a beauty.

HDD's these days are a joke... get 2x500gb SATAII for around £35 each.

On-board sound is usually decent these days, but if you're a bit of an audiophile, spend £40 on a Creative X-fi.

Bobs your father's brother.

Plenty of good advice in this thread. Try to get decent video... That new water in cata trailer looks disturbing - will probably render my old rig useless.