Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Need balance druid help

Well the spec you should roll with is this one

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

I pull about 6-8k dps in ToGC25 and ICC 10. You want to spec into ImpM because overall Starfire, Wrath, and Moonfire will be your top 3 damage overall. Do not spec treants that is wasted point they do not last long and the damage is insignificant. Also Typhoon another wasted point does not do a lot of damage. Overall you need to change some of your enchants and gems. Pure spell power is the way to go, but you can use the SP/crit gems to get your crit up.

Also your professions get your enchanting up to at least 400 and drop skinning for either BS or JC. Most raiders go without a gathering profession and the extra sockets for BS and the extra SP from JC only gems Go along way than Skinnings crit increase.

Sorry, but typhoon is a waste? You need it for ICC (specially saurfang) and it helps if you need to move some adds that maybe just spawned away from healers etc. I'm not using typhoon for damage, cause that is a complete waste, unless I need to run out of an aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekekek
    Sorry, but typhoon is a waste? You need it for ICC (specially saurfang) and it helps if you need to move some adds that maybe just spawned away from healers etc. I'm not using typhoon for damage, cause that is a complete waste, unless I need to run out of an aoe.
    It is still a wasted point. If you are using for the blood beast all you have to do is root 1 of them then burn the other one while the one you rooted cannot do anything.

And on 25 man?

And on 25 man?
    Depends on your guilds strat i'm always on add duty with rooting them. Same mechanics with 10 man. Root one then kite the other ones while burning them down one by one.

Should I gem for SP or sp/crit?
    Pure SP is most spots. SP/Crit in yellow spots only if the bonus is really good (7+ spellpower usually). 2 blues to meet the meta.

And don't listen about treants. They survive most fights these days, and their DPS for their uptime will easily trump the 3 points the spec above put in genesis.

Would still appreciate an opinion on what I should get next for emblem of frost, T10 or trinket.

Hi everyone, I have a balance druid with pretty nice gear but my dps is a bit low imo. Self buffed I have 3069 sp, 26.8% crit (in moonkin form) 285 hit (I'm tauren so I don't get 1% from dreanei aura), 558 haste rating and I do about 4400 dps on dummy with mark of the wild without using starfall (since it will hit the other 10 dummies around me too). I use glyph of moonfire, glyph of insect swarm and glyph of starfire. Is this problem I'm having that have wrong prio on stats or doing wrong rotations, or do I just expect more than I should.
    Right now boomkins are the lowest of the ranged dps, so it's not completely uncommon, but with those stats I'd imagine more like ~5-6k dps

Would still appreciate an opinion on what I should get next for emblem of frost, T10 or trinket.
    The frost trinket for casters is not very good. Keep in mind that at ICC 25 gear level, once you get your gear set straight, is only going to need like 3 or 4 pieces of hit gear for a boomkin to be capped. Consider also that for BIS gear, need 4 tier, and at least 1 of those tier pieces will have hit, and so will the Ashen Vedict ring. So that basically means like 2 pieces of hit gear you'll end up needing. The trinket is a bad investment.

You're better off saving for second tier piece. Probably chest or helm since VoA guy is going to drop hands and pants.

You did notice my current trinkets didn't you? And atm I have t10 shoulders, a head that I intend to keep and t9.5 chest, so I think I'll get the gloves next, and hope I don't get "lucky" in voa.

Hello, Since everyones helping other moonkin in this thread i thought i'd give it a try...
    I been a moonkin for awhile so i have a soild rotation, know when do pop stuff, know when to do what all that fun stuff but...

I seem to cap out around 5.9-7k (When i get the good RNG) in raids and i think its my gear, but i'd like to be sure! I was raiding resto for a while just to get into a nice guild but i decided that was a little silly so i quit for a few months and came back to moonkin. this is what i got going on so far:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ash&cn=Moofles

(( I like my spec atm but im not afraid to move a few points around. For gear im running what i can but i cant find a stable guild on my server as it seems to be dying. ))

Oh, also i wouldn't mind giving up Alch if there is some magic prof that could boost me! But thats more just out of curriousity...

One more thing! this is for ICC stuff~ Sorry just tryign to help you out as much as possible.

You did notice my current trinkets didn't you? And atm I have t10 shoulders, a head that I intend to keep and t9.5 chest, so I think I'll get the gloves next, and hope I don't get "lucky" in voa.
    Yes, I did notice your trinkets. They are bad. So is the frost one. Do not upgrade from bad to bad. Simple. The only reason to buy that trinket as a boomkin is when you have literally bought every other frost badge item you can use.

I'll reiterate: When spending frost badges, think in the long term. Tier 10 Shoulders, Chest, and Helm are best in slot when upgraded (barring Arthas drops). Keep in mind that the non-tier (cloth) frost badge gloves are really good. The gloves and legs are the worst pieces of tier, plain and simple, and one should only be picked up for that 4th tier bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewfulls
    Hello, Since everyones helping other moonkin in this thread i thought i'd give it a try...
    I been a moonkin for awhile so i have a soild rotation, know when do pop stuff, know when to do what all that fun stuff but...

I seem to cap out around 5.9-7k (When i get the good RNG) in raids and i think its my gear, but i'd like to be sure! I was raiding resto for a while just to get into a nice guild but i decided that was a little silly so i quit for a few months and came back to moonkin. this is what i got going on so far:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ash&cn=Moofles

(( I like my spec atm but im not afraid to move a few points around. For gear im running what i can but i cant find a stable guild on my server as it seems to be dying. ))

Oh, also i wouldn't mind giving up Alch if there is some magic prof that could boost me! But thats more just out of curriousity...

One more thing! this is for ICC stuff~ Sorry just tryign to help you out as much as possible.
    Again, haste is too high, crit is too low (especially so in your case). Spec is fine, gems and enchants are fine, glyphs are fine. Is just a matter of upgrading and sidegrading the haste stuff you have. Weapon and neck replacements should be priority, as well as the healer ring. By "this is ICC stuff" do you mean you're only doing ICC? Because there plenty of upgrades left in ToC for you. Nevermleting Ice Crystal is not very good, but as this thread shows, trinkets can be a pain. ToC 25, ICC 10, even OS 25 have better and fairly easy to obtain options (that comment goes to all the people who asked for help).

Quote Originally Posted by Sinizine
    Again, haste is too high, crit is too low (especially so in your case). Spec is fine, gems and enchants are fine, glyphs are fine. Is just a matter of upgrading and sidegrading the haste stuff you have. Weapon and neck replacements should be priority, as well as the healer ring. By "this is ICC stuff" do you mean you're only doing ICC? Because there plenty of upgrades left in ToC for you. Nevermleting Ice Crystal is not very good, but as this thread shows, trinkets can be a pain. ToC 25, ICC 10, even OS 25 have better and fairly easy to obtain options (that comment goes to all the people who asked for help).
    Oh, I ment i been doing mostly ICC, which is where i was grabbing my numbers from. I wasen't sure about haste, the moonkin i talked too said haste was a little over crit even when you reach softcap but i guess i took it a little far!

Is there any hard number i should aim for with Crit?

Thanks for the reply.

Basically, this is your stat priority:

Hit (to cap)> Spellpower> Haste (to soft cap of 401)> Crit (to soft cap, something like 42 percent)> haste=crit

Yes, haste is better to start, but only to 401. Once you past that, you want to work in as much crit as you can up to 42 percent while maintaing hit cap and soft haste cap. Haste is still useful past the soft cap, just not as much as crit. There's not really a set number to shoot for, but in general, most boomkins raiding ICC have at least 30 percent in form crit (self buffed).

Thanks for your time, i'll try it out

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Raissmo
    What Qieth said.

Not a bad idea actually, i'll just post this in every moonkin thread
    Hah :P

You dont *need* it. In fact, even on 25 man, we burn them down and whoever gets aggro just runs away. You may need it for hard mode, but its really trivial at the moment.

SP/Crit in yellow spots only if the bonus is really good (7+ spellpower usually).
    +5 spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn
    Right now boomkins are the lowest of the ranged dps, so it's not completely uncommon, but with those stats I'd imagine more like ~5-6k dps
    Very wrong. We are quite competitive.

The frost trinket for casters is not very good. Keep in mind that at ICC 25 gear level, once you get your gear set straight, is only going to need like 3 or 4 pieces of hit gear for a boomkin to be capped. Consider also that for BIS gear, need 4 tier, and at least 1 of those tier pieces will have hit, and so will the Ashen Vedict ring. So that basically means like 2 pieces of hit gear you'll end up needing. The trinket is a bad investment.

You're better off saving for second tier piece. Probably chest or helm since VoA guy is going to drop hands and pants.
    I wouldn't hold out for Toravon to drop your tier pieces. Theres a 1/20 or so chance of your item dropping, and thats not even counting the pvp items. Instead, go buy your tier pieces when you need them, but save token upgrades for those that can't drop in VoA: Helmet, chest and shoulders. So even if you spend emblems on 251 gear, you may upgrade it to 264, which is still much better than holding back and messing up your gearing.

I did suggest that you get stuff like the Sundial instead of your current trinkets. I made quite a lot of suggestions on gear switching, start by what you can :P

Hi again guys, I've made some gear improvements and now have 2 t10 pieces. The set bonus increases damage done by nature and arcane damage by 15 for 6 secs when omen of clarity procs. When this happen should I refresh dots, cause they will do 15% more damage for the entire duration of the dot (this is correct right?).

10+ Year Old Account

Last I read (not 100%) that yes it increases dmg for the duration of the dots. Some people actually will cast GoTW (force procs Omen of Clarity) and refresh dots when moving. I'm not personally that fancy/never remember.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...infelth/simple

"But if I use my mouse to turn, how will i click my spells?"

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/83.html