Thread: strength ring

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: strength ring

Expertise is worth more then anything else (except maybe arp if you're incredibly close to the hard cap) if you're below the cap. I'd gem it if you're under.

-US 61 Insanity... World 2 Blood Queen... not top 20, but its something.

The best possible stats on this ring could have been Crit and ArP for an endgame-warrior. Eod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunoman
    Only idiots quote themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    Maybe he's an arms warrior who likes to dps from the front?

(Which unfortunately can be a pretty hefty dps boost from tons of revenging. Don't try it on a boss that cleaves though.)
    If you're Arms... wouldn't you be using Overpower?

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz
    I wouldn't
    Seriously, why wouldn't you? Do you gem straight crit? I would imagine not.

Lets roughly break it down:

Same crit, hit and proc. Loose 88 Agility and 135 AP for 99 strength.

88 Agility gives around 1.3% crit and around 4 AP from Armored to the teeth.

99 strength with the 20 percent bonus is 120 strength x 2 = 240 AP.

240 AP - 140 AP from the ring and armoured to the teeth means your getting 100 AP.

100 AP or 1.3% crit? Their both around 2 and a half epic gems. I would rather have the strength/AP. After all on a yellow socket you will always gem either 20 ArP/Strength or if your after the socket bonus 10 strength / 10 crit but you will never gem 20 crit.

I knew exactly why I wasn't looking forward to seeing the STR version. This ring is just sad compared to the AGI/AP version.

In other news I'm just one piece away from being full plate armor for the first time since Naxx. Feels weird to be missing so much crit. Oh, and I'm NOT looking forward to the Cataclysm changes where there won't be any AP and we'll be forced to get the sub par Plate STR items (unless they buff the current 1STR=2AP for strength classes)

I would liked to have seen less hit and maybe some ARP (since in building arp) but I'm quite happy with the strength/AP factor on this.

In all honesty, I think they itemized the ring extremely well. We lost about 1.2% Crit (From agility) and replaced it with approx 110 ap.

I know I have trouble keeping my hit rating around the 163 mark, as I focus on more of the ArP/Crit/Haste itemization. I actually rely heavily on the 57 hit I get off that ring. My .02 - but I suppose it will be different for every Warrior depending on gear itemization.

No matter how you look at it, for WARRIOR at least, the Agi ring is still better than the Strenght ring.

No surprise there, I just hoped we would get a little more Strenght on it to have it on par (or even better) than the Agility one.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Durotan&n=Aardrelore

Quote Originally Posted by Kivothe
    In all honesty, I think they itemized the ring extremely well. We lost about 1.2% Crit (From agility) and replaced it with approx 110 ap.

I know I have trouble keeping my hit rating around the 163 mark, as I focus on more of the ArP/Crit/Haste itemization. I actually rely heavily on the 57 hit I get off that ring. My .02 - but I suppose it will be different for every Warrior depending on gear itemization.
    I am in the same situation as you. This ring is perfect for me.
    Fury warrior - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malfurion&n=Sogord

Quote Originally Posted by sogord
    I am in the same situation as you. This ring is perfect for me.
    '

Yeh i also need the hit atm but that still doesn't change the fact that we loose dps by switching to str ring instead of agility ring...

Quote Originally Posted by Jalynfein
    '

Yeh i also need the hit atm but that still doesn't change the fact that we loose dps by switching to str ring instead of agility ring...
    I just realized that the agility ring gives hit now too (unless it already did before and I didn't notice).
    Fury warrior - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malfurion&n=Sogord

Quote Originally Posted by sogord
    I just realized that the agility ring gives hit now too (unless it already did before and I didn't notice).
    It did.

For arms, the agility ring is roughly the same DPS wise as the STR one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Pretty much, you lose crit when you swap over, but as with most other items that utilize str, you gain it back in ap.

I won't be switching to the Str one until I approach the crit cap.

Unless you're over the crit cap and are hard arp capped to afford putting a 10str/10crit gem on it, the AGI ring will be better. Also, I see no reasons to not put a STR proc for this ring, there is no reasons at all, specially with all the complains about STR gear, they might as well itemize them better. It's not like they couldnt change the proc to STR.

Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    haste is horrible for both DK and warrior.
    Haste is not horrible for Fury Warriors, it's value is about 0.85 SEP with T9/T10 gear and it's better than hit if you're over the hit cap, just saying.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

You can easily spot people who have no idea of a certain spreadsheet out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunoman
    Only idiots quote themselves

I'm going to buy this ring for sure, but only the day the "pre-patch" for Cataclysm hit on live. You know the one that will make Agi not good for strenght use like us warrior.

In the meantime, you would make a bad move by replacing the Agi ring with the Str one.

For the Str wing to be perfect for us, the Strenght on hit should have been near 120, that would have been perfect.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Durotan&n=Aardrelore