Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Disc priest Arena question.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolos
    So recently I decided that I wanted to start doing arenas with my Disc priest because he's just been sitting at 80 for awhile but wasn't getting played. I've been doing a lot of research and have got a good start on what to do. My main problem is figuring out how to gear/gem with each spec.

I've seen just about every spec and gearing variation there can be from some of the top 100 RMP arena teams. (Which is the comp I'll be running.) I've seen some who go for all regen stats and some who go for tons of haste and a few who go for a lot of crit. The problem is, with each gearing choice what is the spec and play style that compliments each best?

I know that there are offensive and defensive priests but I saw one that had all regen stats which made me think he was defensive. However, then he had the Smite glyph and Divine Fury so it threw me off. Any help would be appreciated.

Also if you think that I'm worrying too much about what other people are doing and I should figure out a gear setup and spec that suits my play style best please let me know. Thanks!

Really comes down to personal play style, to be successful in RMP though you will need to be pretty offensive.

I suggest haste and stats, I personally use just over 500 haste from off set pieces and then stack stats like stam/int. Your goal should be to cap hit/spen and get around 3k sp then focus on haste imo.

As for spec I have played RMP with a 54/17/0 spec which is nice, but a standard 60/11/0 offers same offensive abilities with more passive defensive and mana efficiency, just make sure to glyph smite and make sure your rogue or mage is calling the switches and big burst timer indicators so you can all time your burst.

Re: Disc priest Arena question.

Quote Originally Posted by Pally_Power
    A rule of thumb for me when starting new alts is always be careful and gem as if I was playing in the highest ratings possible, so with that said, start using Spell Pen as soon as you can afford to get the Libram/Wand. There's a lot of passive resistance that other teams get through buffs, and even the lowest teams buff, so you'll want that Spell Pen to counter it.
    This is actually the very opposite of what you need to do with a new alt, if your undergeared gem for Stam/Resiliance only until your gear can make up for the lack of it, then start to gem like the higher rated people. I would NEVER recommend gemming int or mp5 on a newly 80 alt.