Thread: Boomkin S8

Boomkin S8

Hey all, I was fairly successful (2200) as a boomkin in S7 gemming spell power and I currently sit in full relentless.

So here's the question, what are you other chickens going to gem for S8? Also, will you be switching to a deeper utility spec with more mana regen for the longer fights? Or depend on the utility of other classes?

Drinking in arena is almost never an option since 90% of the teams attempt to nuke the moonkin 100% of the time. With the (assumed) hp boost on new gear as well as the current res buff, I foresee a return of the oomkin.

Re: Boomkin S8

oh... I've been considering int for the sp+giant mana pool. or... dare I say res, panzerkin for arena?

reply to myself... because I'm awesome.

The Boomkin in Ohana 5 (http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=136127) gems full stamina with a few resilience gems, even going so far as to use Juggernaut's Vitality. It seems to make sense from how I'm looking at it, if you're being focused you might as well do as much as you could to mitigate it or even force the other team to focus something else. A Druid is one of the classes I don't have so sorry if I wasn't that helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Unfortunately I don't play boomkin in 3's because i'm sort of forced to play resto (only viable comp for myself and 2 RL friends) but I consider myself main spec boomkin. This past season I went for SP and SP/Stam wherever I could squeeze a blue gem in. I also have the luxury of the 102 stam bracer enchant from leatherworking.

S8 I'm most likely gonna go for the same thing SP and SP/Stam wherever I can get it. I'm gonna be goin for mainly haste off pieces (after getting ~100 hit ofc) due to the fact they will be useful in both resto/boomkin pvp.

As for a spec change, I personally would never spec into Dreamstate if that's what you're implying with the spec change. 5/5 Furor, 3/3 Moonglow, 3/3 Owlkin Frenzy + innervate. With those talents, your healer would most likely end up goin oom before you would.

Those are my thoughts, as I said I can't relate directly to 3's/5's as I haven't played high rated boomkin in either. However, I was 2200-2300ish boomkin/rogue in 2's this past season, which i don't think would be too much different. I still have to play the role of meatshield in 2's, as just about everyone obviously does the OMGITSABOOMKINKILLIT in 2's as well.