Wintergrasp earth elements

What do these elements really serve in questing down here i kno they have fire, shadow, water, but these are for what exacly?

Re: Wintergrasp earth elements

Originally Wintergrasp was the Eternal grind spot of Northrend, much like the Throne of Elements was for Burning Crusade. It was to help foster world PvP. The quests were added in later to force Wintergrasp into being more of a PvP zone and less of a "dammit I got dismounted AGAIN" zone.
    When in doubt, check a spreadsheet.

The Elementals are really only there for a) Questing b) Eternal Farming and c) Being annoying and dazing you during Wintergrasp
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Pally_Power
    The Elementals are really only there for a) Questing b) Eternal Farming and c) Being annoying and dazing you during Wintergrasp
    um you do know they've fixed that like a year ago and the elementals despawn now when wg starts

Quote Originally Posted by Quaro
    um you do know they've fixed that like a year ago and the elementals despawn now when wg starts
    Shows what I know, I never do Wintergrasp anymore. I remember once, sometime in Patch 3.2, I went to Wintergrasp with a Siege and tried to take down a factory, it didn't work so well and the whole team got mad at me for wasting a siege.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Pally_Power
    Shows what I know, I never do Wintergrasp anymore. I remember once, sometime in Patch 3.2, I went to Wintergrasp with a Siege and tried to take down a factory, it didn't work so well and the whole team got mad at me for wasting a siege.
    they've also changed that. now you cap the south factories just like the 2 north ones.