Ret Pally Haste or Crit ?

Hello, i was just wondering what was the best for DPS Haste or Crit for Ret Pally? Cause if you look at maxdps.com, they say haste gem would probably do more dps than crit . Is this true? Thanks for informations.. that was for a yellow socket.. would u rather put a 10 str + 10haste or a 10str +10 crit. The bonus socket would be strenght..

Re: Ret Pally Haste or Crit ?

strength
    In one of the harder heroics, like VH
    wait...wtf?
    <M a e l s t r o m> recruiting high end DPS and healers for ICC25 (7/9) www.guildmaelstrom.com

Deleted

Crit > haste. As for yellow sockets you just put 20 str gems in them. If the socket bonus is 4 str or higher, you use a 10str/10crit gem.

That was for 3.2 anyway. I'm not 100% sure how good crit is when dropping t9 for t10. I think it's the same as long as you have the t9 2set bonus, otherwise I'd guess crit/str gems are only worth it if the socket bonus is 6 str or more.

15+ Year Old Account

rawr.. maxdps is crap

w/ t9 2 piece crit will always be better than haste
    /w t10 4 piece haste edges out crit

strength is better than both in all situations

Quote Originally Posted by Axr
    Hello, i was just wondering what was the best for DPS Haste or Crit for Ret Pally? Cause if you look at maxdps.com, they say haste gem would probably do more dps than crit . Is this true? Thanks for informations.. that was for a yellow socket..
    Pally should go straight STR... It's the only stat worth stacking gear should be good enough to get you the crit or haste that you need.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    w/ t9 2 piece crit will always be better than haste
    /w t10 4 piece AND TAinJ haste edges out crit

strength is better than both in all situations
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Fixed
    And Brynroll.

And then in only ONE slot. ONE, not all. ONE.

Fuck if i know how that math works, but if you want to sit on the EJ bandwagon thats what is being said. I for one will test it once I get TAJ, but I don't believe it.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

When running calculations in rawr i cannot find a situation where 10haste/10crit will edge out 10crit/10str. Only with (the currently overpowered version of) TAiaJ it becomes near equal (1 dps difference per gem).

This is just running calcs with 4 piece ilvl 251, ilvl 264 TAiaJ and normal bryntroll. Could be that at higher itemlevels (or with shadowmourne) haste takes over (probably with the stacking buff of shadowmourne) but we're talking about a few dps per yellow gem.

TBH i dont think 1 or 2 dps is good enough to fight over with bunch of tedious caculations

Just go stack strengths mainly, if the socket bonuses give you str, then you can either put str or str +crit or Str + haste in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fektoer
    When running calculations in rawr i cannot find a situation where 10haste/10crit will edge out 10crit/10str. Only with (the currently overpowered version of) TAiaJ it becomes near equal (1 dps difference per gem).

This is just running calcs with 4 piece ilvl 251, ilvl 264 TAiaJ and normal bryntroll. Could be that at higher itemlevels (or with shadowmourne) haste takes over (probably with the stacking buff of shadowmourne) but we're talking about a few dps per yellow gem.
    Taj is broken in rawr so you can't use it to test it.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

haste in general is broken, unless they fixed it recently.

oh, and search is your friend.

Short synopsis in case anyone happens to actually use search and get this:

Haste>crit if Bryntoll + TAIAJ. Otherwise, crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxicon
    haste in general is broken, unless they fixed it recently.

oh, and search is your friend.

Short synopsis in case anyone happens to actually use search and get this:

Haste>crit if Bryntoll + TAIAJ. Otherwise, crit.
    its not haste>crit. Like nikoll said the most up to date BIS list uses one str/haste gem and 4 str/crit gems.
    IE: dont go grab them both and start throwing haste gems all over the place. As always its best to input your current gear into a spreadsheet and or rawr and see what you find out.