Page 1 of 2
LastLast

replacing engineering with JC

Im an MM hunter, with engineering & LW, and the LW is already giving me extra enchants to my gear. Now since im going for ArP and not agi, I was thinking about replacing engineering with JC, since it doesent give me any advantages anymore. But here's the question..would replacing a 450 skill for 3x 34+ Armor Penetration gems really be worth it?

Re: replacing engineering with JC

If you are an avid raider then I would say "in a heart beat". If you enjoy PvP however, the engineering tricks are more useful.
    When in doubt, check a spreadsheet.

Would it be a dps increase? Yes.

Is it worth it? Only you can decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlu
    www.femaledwarf.com

Learn it, love it.

If you are an avid raider then I would say "in a heart beat". If you enjoy PvP however, the engineering tricks are more useful.
    I've givin up on PvP, so yeah I do PvE. Wouldn't mind if anyone else shared their thought

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Natalis
    Im an MM hunter, with engineering & LW, and the LW is already giving me extra enchants to my gear. Now since im going for ArP and not agi, I was thinking about replacing engineering with JC, since it doesent give me any advantages anymore. But here's the question..would replacing a 450 skill for 3x 34+ Armor Penetration gems really be worth it?

Engineering has other buffs than the cloak enchant. The Hyperspeed Accelerators are BIS enchant for Hunters, and the boots enchant are very good as well. Do you really want to put the time and money into a gain of only 42 Armor Pen (since you're gaining 14 ArP from the Dragon's Eyes)? It's not going to make or break you, and you're not going to see an exponential increase in DPS.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Definitely take JC.

If you pve more, replace engineering, but if you are a pvper drop the LW instead of the engi.

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn

Engineering has other buffs than the cloak enchant. The Hyperspeed Accelerators are BIS enchant for Hunters, and the boots enchant are very good as well. Do you really want to put the time and money into a gain of only 42 Armor Pen (since you're gaining 14 ArP from the Dragon's Eyes)? It's not going to make or break you, and you're not going to see an exponential increase in DPS.
    Incorrect I'm afraid. The Hyperspeed Accelerators are not good for Hunters at all. In truth the Rocket Gloves are better, but still nowhere near as good as the Combo of BS and JC.

Incorrect I'm afraid. The Hyperspeed Accelerators are not good for Hunters at all. In truth the Rocket Gloves are better, but still nowhere near as good as the Combo of BS and JC.
    Indeed, I use the rocket gloves, they're worth about 80 DPS by themselves over the course of a fight since they can crit. Also, the nitro boosts are irreplacable in some circumstances, where you might be running across a room out of range for 4 seconds, now it's 1.5 seconds.

Engineering is still very good, people prefer JC and BS because they do more than just replace enchants, they provide you with more choices. I have to agree overall that your DPS increase will be minimal to not noticeable at all, and that if it's worth thousands of gold to look better on paper, then I guess you can have at.

15+ Year Old Account

At high gear levels the hyperspeed accelerators are better than the pyro-rockets.
    If you're using saronite bombs to increase your dps then you should drop LW, not engineering.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Engineering is awesome tbh, I love it and will NEVER replace it :-D

Replace LW then tbh

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    At high gear levels the hyperspeed accelerators are better than the pyro-rockets.
    If you're using saronite bombs to increase your dps then you should drop LW, not engineering.
    Really? I know the rockets are a good dps boost for me, but I thought haste sucks?

I get about 80 dps for gloves rocket gloves, and 40-50 for hyperspeed accelerators according to the spreadsheet.

10+ Year Old Account

BS and JC are the best, but Engineering and JC is alright. I would really do that instead of JC and LW. Personal choice, though, they all roughly give 80AP (except for engineering's ~80 dps), but JC and BS also can turn that 80AP into ArP.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

If you are an avid raider then I would say "in a heart beat". If you enjoy PvP however, the engineering tricks are more useful

^^
    Don't color your posts like that - chelate

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Also, the nitro boosts are irreplacable in some circumstances, where you might be running across a room out of range for 4 seconds, now it's 1.5 seconds.
    disengage

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Valdun
    Really? I know the rockets are a good dps boost for me, but I thought haste sucks?
    even as the worst stat it still has a scaling factor, the pyro-rockets scale with nothing.
    To me the rockets are about 60 dps while the hyperspeed enchant is around 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnious
    Engineering is awesome tbh, I love it and will NEVER replace it :-D

Replace LW then tbh
    I agree. Eng/JC > LWing/JC
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

even as the worst stat it still has a scaling factor, the pyro-rockets scale with nothing.
    To me the rockets are about 60 dps while the hyperspeed enchant is around 80.
    The pyro rocket scales with crit.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    The pyro rocket scales with crit.
    Fine, that's actually true but then it crits for +50% damage instead of +100%, it scales with spell crit so no bonus from agi.
    Haste on the other hand scales with every other stat a hunter can use, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the pyro-rockets will fall behind eventually.

Fine, that's actually true but then it crits for +50% damage instead of +100%, it scales with spell crit so no bonus from agi.
    Haste on the other hand scales with every other stat a hunter can use, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the pyro-rockets will fall behind eventually.
    Actually all haste is helping you do is pump out a few more autoshots once in a while. Might get a wild quiver proc out of it if you are lucky. About the only time I see a higher than 40 dps increase for these is if someone is under the haste cap.